Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

15 Jul 2020


janina, irfan, Joshue108_, becky, Joshue, Matthew_Atkinson, NeilS, MichaelC, Joshue108
John_Foliot, Gottfried_Zimmerman


<becky> regrets, John Foliot, Gottfried Zimmerman

<becky> regrets?

<becky> rrsagend, make minutes

<scribe> scribe: janina

Agenda Review & Announcements

bg: Notes Knowbility Workshop upcoming

<becky> https://knowbility.org/services/online-training/w3c-wai-interactive-update/

APA Rechartering Begins

bg: A reminder that it's on our agenda
... What do we want to accomplish Aug 2021-2024

Virtual TPAC 2020 Planning

bg: We need to identify who to meet with and with what agenda?
... Dates for cross group are October 12-16
... Plennary are Oct 26-30

Task Force Updates

ia: Planning a special call with invitees to decide between two technical approaches
... Janina coordinating invitations
... Want a prompt resolution ...

bg: At the regular time?

ia: Yes.
... Notes our timeline is posponed because of this last mjinuet consensus challenge

<Joshue108> JS: Is Jonie here a la Pronunciation?

<Joshue108> JS: I can do a quick RQTF update.

<Joshue108> Research questions..

<Joshue108> We are working on some workshops Machine learning and Maps on the Web

<Joshue108> We have Nicolo with engineering chops in XR

<Joshue108> He is helping with the map related specs.

<Joshue108> Check the RQTF minutes

<Joshue108> We are working on Web Of Things statement also

<Joshue108> Then we will be back on comments on XAUR and RAUR - XR A11y and RTC

<Joshue108> JOC: Sounds good.

bg: Notes Personalization is getting cvlose to CR publication request for Module 1
... Explainer is also being tightened up

Web Maps Workshop https://www.w3.org/2020/maps/

bg: Discussed in RQTF report -- please check RQTF minutes

FAST Progress -- Josh

<Joshue108> JOC: No update from me

jo: No update

mc: Also no update

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

mc: No new charters

<Joshue108> JS: There is a new charter for WebRTC

<Joshue108> It aims to break out charters into multiple specs.

<Joshue108> Its a way of chunking

<Joshue108> What did they miss?

<Joshue108> Jason, Josh and I just met and identified things they may have missed

<Joshue108> and maybe some new use cases.

<Joshue108> We are sending items to Judy today.

<Joshue108> IRC type chat for blind users - only active on Enter

<Joshue108> Also support for RTT, status update

<Joshue108> Then support for multiple displays a la second screen PIP for SL interpreters

<Joshue108> BG: PIP have a spec

<Joshue108> JS: Yeah, they can reference that.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

mc: nothing new -- new wd only
... nothing new -- new wd only

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open

mc: ping'd on most that need ping ...

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned

mc: need to check on spec reviews that have been assigned, but not finished
... CSS assigned to CSS-TF, but that doesn't seem active
... believe most CSS are still valid ...
... Some we probably don't need to comment, but we want CSS expertise to make that decision

<Joshue108> JS: Can you look at open issues and see what is active etc?

<Joshue108> Or what they need?

<Matthew_Atkinson> Hi MichaelC, I found a URL for our comment on the HTML 2020-01 review (for the Wiki page): https://github.com/w3c/htmlwg/issues/8#issuecomment-628542511

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:CSS

<Joshue108> JS: Comms to APA? Can do better.

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/projects/4

[discussion with Amy who's looking at an a11y list on github\]

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/css-a11y/

<Joshue108> JS: We need a few more with A11y and CSS chops

<Joshue108> Shouldnt just be Amy

<Joshue108> JS: Glad to see media queries 5 is still happening

<Joshue108> I got a challenges related comment.

<Joshue108> JS: ARIA is one of the sponsoring groups

<Joshue108> We've talked about AAM, API mappings

<Joshue108> JS: Maybe Patrick L could be recruited?

<Joshue108> JS: Colour adjustment is what we requested in Lisbon.

<Joshue108> <gives history>

<Joshue108> <discusses config preferences on load>

<Joshue108> <Discussion around Github and not looking at things>

<Joshue108> MC: Who is going to become a TF facilitator?

<Joshue108> JS: Is ARIA 2.x out yet?

<Joshue108> MC: Nope

[discussion on open items, Amy will look at bring back a few]

[discussion on non CSS -- we went through several ... any missed?]

bg: Ping assignees and get some status

Issues Dashboard Review https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

mc: DID self-review showed up this week, even though filed sometime ago

js: Confirms we're done

mc: nothing else new -- none new brought to our attention, or change of state

bg: has some feedback on mine, asking for examples
... asks people to check their assigned for responses -- we need to stay active on the dashboard

Other Business

bg: list now fairly up to datezakim, take up item 11

Community Groups Tracking Redux https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

bg: let's review see any we can close on ...
... Bridging SQL & RDF ... 44 participants ...

<becky> https://www.w3.org/community/graphql-rdf/

s/sql/graph ql/

<Joshue108> GraphQL

[agreed too low for us]

jo: just a comment graph ql more commonly used to represent info via json and other db

mc: unless direct a11y implications ...

jo: just explaining graph ql

bg: msx cg

<becky> https://www.w3.org/community/mfxmedia/

bg: to help content creator -- new media file
... a container
... looking at low activity ... anything to pull out ...

ma: believe we should check any container activity in future

<becky> https://www.w3.org/community/cssprint/

<becky> https://www.w3.org/community/css4/

mc: every css numbering is a specified collection of modules deemed sufficiently mature

bg: fairly new, there to promote 4.1

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/07/15 17:01:29 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

FAILED: s/sql/graph ql/
Default Present: janina, irfan, Joshue108_, becky, Joshue, Matthew_Atkinson, NeilS, MichaelC
Present: janina irfan Joshue108_ becky Joshue Matthew_Atkinson NeilS MichaelC Joshue108
Regrets: John_Foliot Gottfried_Zimmerman
Found Scribe: janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina
Found Date: 15 Jul 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]