Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

15 Apr 2020


janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC, becky, Matthew_Atkinson, irfan, Joshue108
John_Foliot, Gottfried_Zimmerman


<scribe> scribe: Matthew_Atkinson

Agenda Review & Announcements

<Joshue108> thats great Matthew

Janina: XAUR has already recieved ~30 comments

Task Force Updates

Janina: COGA requested time with us to ask for a review of an upcoming document (possibly the 29th)
... XAUR getting attention (as above); going successfully.

TPAC 2020 Planning Begins

Janina: planning is being done for both the case that travel restrictions are/are not lifted. planning onging for potential face-to-face and virtual events.
... the usual agenda questions arise: which other groups do we want to meet with? etc. (a survey will be conducted, as usual)

Becky: *expects to be able to attend face-to-face if permitted*

W3C Web Redesign

Janina: Now is our opportunity to express needs and opinions on the redesign.

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/wiki/2020_website_redesign/users

Michael: primary input at the current time is user stories. The URL has a list of stakeholders and user stories in the sense of what users would like to get out of the site.
... we need to ensure accessibility is considered in the current stories, and add any other relevant ones.

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/wiki/2020_website_redesign

Janina: the document from COGA mentioned above is the user stories for AGWG, WCAG etc.
... ...so very timely for this project.

Michael: current phase is 'discovery' (preliminarily March and April, with production to follow until June). We have little time to contribute, important to do so as early as possible.

Janina: Is an extension possible, given we are already in April?

Michael: Unknown, but perhaps if we can propose a plan with specific dates. Perhaps we can point people to the editor's draft of the COGA document.
... There may be differences in expected structure between COGA and the redesign team. The redesign team have provided templates.
... Many different user roles are considered in the existing stories (from Group Members and Chairs, to Web Developers with different levels of experience, to Implementors, Sponsors and Grassroots supporters).
... The existing stories at https://www.w3.org/wiki/2020_website_redesign/users adhere to the prescribed format.
... Some stories covering people with disabilities specifically have been added to the Wiki. E.g. Authors/Developers with dyslexia, or low vision, etc.

Becky: some of the user stories focused on disabilities don't provide extensive information on what the users would expect in terms of accessibility features.

Michael: we could ask Léonie how we can help; what sort of input would be good from us.

Becky: *wonders how much technical accessibility input may be needed to help the developers of the site*

Michael: https://www.studio24.net/ is the team developing the site.
... there will be private and public betas. Perhaps we should ask about reviewing prototypes too?
... Two currently open tasks: 1. Identity survey; 2. User stories.

<MichaelC> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/spec-prod/2020AprJun/0000.html

Michael & Janina: we need to consider use cases of internationalisation and 'net connection speeds.

Michael: *Suggests chatting with Léonie to clarify input needed from APA; request involvement in testing*

Janina: *agrees*

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

Michael: none this week

close this agendum

Michael: nothing new that's not already under our consideration.

close this agendum

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

close this agendum

close this agendum

Color and Visual Contrast on our Github Dashboard

close this agendum

Matthew_Atkinson: there's a request for a new review of HTML.

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/htmlwg/issues/8#issue-597865240

Matthew_Atkinson: I can count up the changes between the last review and now. There could be accessibility concerns in any of the commits.

Michael: WHATWG have provided a list of specific PRs/Issues they'd like our feedback on. Should start with those. Then after that we could look thorugh the commit history.

Matthew_Atkinson: *agrees*

Janina: Let's plan on talking through these after the redesign next week.
... Please look in advance if possible. Does that sound OK?

Michael: *agrees*

Matthew_Atkinson: *agrees*

Issues Review Tracking

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

Other Business

close this agendum

Zakin, please part

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/04/15 16:54:11 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: janina Joanmarie_Diggs MichaelC becky Matthew_Atkinson irfan Joshue108
Regrets: John_Foliot Gottfried_Zimmerman
Found Scribe: Matthew_Atkinson
Inferring ScribeNick: Matthew_Atkinson
Found Date: 15 Apr 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]