Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

09 Jan 2020


Jennie, stevelee, MichaelC, Rachael, Fazio, kirkwood


<LisaSeemanKest> ACTION: lisa make scribe list

<trackbot> Created ACTION-320 - Make scribe list [on Lisa Seeman-Kestenbaum - due 2020-01-16].

<LisaSeemanKest> scribe: stevelee


Rac: CSUN meetup consensus was there's not a good time to meet but will overlap with last 2 hours of Silver meeting on Tues pm

for discussions and then dinner later

may be do a Face to face over dinner

<Rachael> ACTION: rachael to send out agenda when available

<trackbot> Created ACTION-321 - Send out agenda when available [on Rachael Montgomery - due 2020-01-16].

MC: Silver will put a wiki page in time with a schedule on

Lisa: we could create our own Coga wiki page if required

MC: not sure of Silvers dinners plan and suggest we do not aim to discuss business

Lisa: May need to renew our membership as AG group has rechartered, especially agree patent waiver stuff

<Jennie> I already completed mine.

to check if need to rejoin - https://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/35422/status

<MichaelC> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2019OctDec/0172.html

mc: AGWG are not meting at CSUN but planning a virtual F2F meeting due around 24/25 March

Rachael: this will be largely to discuss WCAG 2.2 so anyone working on an SC might want to be available

to discuss their SC with the group

update on our scedules and what we are working on https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage#Actions

<Fazio> I thought I finished the mental health paper

<LisaSeemanKest> steve will review and look for missing userneeds

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G9SJSiAT-SYDVNxBfwOe7A6VPqsmX4Ua0QT7-NrfQTA/edit#heading=h.rpstiea4qz2r

<LisaSeemanKest> Jennie will review and look for missing userneeds (1-2 weeks)

actions https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage#Actions

Steve will review the mental heath issue paper as will John and Jennie

Rachale added to google Doc

Steve progressing .Personal / Patterns review

Lisa to edit based on EA etc comments

<Fazio> I did minimum number of steps on our last editors call

Jenni completed task

<Rachael> Jenni: Should we divide the label conversation into 3 separate parts: Labels present need to be read by AT, Labels need to be visible, Labels need to be nearby

<Rachael> Jennie: Right now the SC requires machine readable but it is not always readable by all AT.

<Rachael> Lisa: May be an AT problem.

<Rachael> Jennie: Are these design patterns just for the HTML or also for the AT?

<Rachael> Lisa: This is for the developers but that should go in the tables for AT/gap analysis that they need to read titles

<Rachael> Jennie: Do we need something that articulates the difference between a robust screen reader and the needs of those with cognitive disabilities? That is an area of confusion I run into frequently?

<Rachael> Lisa: Readable by simple ATs?

<Rachael> ...we can ask that

<LisaSeemanKest> clear lables, plain text, near by, and readable by simple ATs

Various people volunteered to look at missing pattern - see palnning page

<Rachael> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Upcoming_agendas#Jan_7th_.28AC_chairing.29

lisa: we could add a personal quote for each persona

rachael it should their challenges it short quote to help developers emphasise

lisa: also need images but must be CC and themed

perhaps photos?

:rachael: do we have a template for permission to use photos of people

MC: not aware of any but we can ask.

RSSAgent, make minutes public

<LisaSeemanKest> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Teleconference_cheat_sheet��

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: lisa make scribe list
[NEW] ACTION: rachael to send out agenda when available

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/01/09 16:02:52 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: Jennie stevelee MichaelC Rachael Fazio kirkwood
Found Scribe: stevelee
Inferring ScribeNick: stevelee

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 09 Jan 2020
People with action items: lisa rachael

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]