Silver Community Group Teleconference

18 Oct 2019


jeanne, Rachael, Lauriat, Chuck, janina, Makoto, Cyborg, CharlesHall, johnkirkwood, bbailey, KimD, MichaelC, Fazio, AngelaAccessForAll


<scribe> scribe: janina

Alt text grouping and how some SCs might split

sl: No one from Alt-Text team, so not covering that topic
... Will stay at concept level

<Lauriat> Outline: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aCRXrtmnSSTso-6S_IO9GQ3AKTB4FYt9k92eT_1PWX4/edit#heading=h.zfdupe4g9xlj

<Lauriat> Grouping: SC 1.1.1 Non-text Content, SC 1.4.5 Images of Text, SC 2.5.3 Label in Name

sl: Images and Labeling addresses aspects that justify breaking them out
... The accessible name of a componant needs to match image of text text
... affects how one meets label and name as well as alt text requirement in the case that there's an image of text
... Still need to work through whether label approach makes sense

<Lauriat> SC 1.4.4 Resize text, SC 1.4.5 Images of Text, SC 1.4.9 Images of Text (No Exception), SC 1.4.8 Visual Presentation, SC 1.4.12 Text Spacing

<Lauriat> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aCRXrtmnSSTso-6S_IO9GQ3AKTB4FYt9k92eT_1PWX4/edit#heading=h.fjszln5otgkv

sl: But, sl: One initial migration goal is to make sure we not lose existing guidance
... this is a particular case where there's a slight overlap for "if you have a label that's rendered visually using an image," that text must be in the accessible name

chuck: Is it to make sure we're consistently migrating?
... Process doesn't seem to be confusing

sl: Example for voice input if seen button has different accessible name, voice input will break

<pkorn> Appologies - I have an urgent matter I need to attend to. I leave you in Janina's capable hands for Amazon

<Lauriat> Current guidance: https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#label-in-name

<Lauriat> "For user interface components with labels that include text or images of text, the name contains the text that is presented visually."

<Lauriat> name: text by which software can identify a component within Web content to the user

sl: Any questions on grouping granularity--where this all started


Any other questions teams might have on content migration and/or writing

sl: Want to make sure I'm supporting the teams working on content
... Not just guidance granularity, or SC, anything in there--testing, etc

chuck: Notes some IP concerns conversation, wants to make sure people are aware of this

sl: Yes, I'm aware
... Jeanne is up to speed; Michael as well
... Anything that goes into Silver needs to come with appropriate IP

mc: There's doc license, and doc/software license
... One says you can make derivative works for particular purpose; the other doesn't

chuck: If there's a concern with either of those licenses, don't include it?

mc: correct, and you agreed to be careful when signing up.

sl: Suggest Jeanne is covering the case you're concerned about. Please check with her

<Chuck> ach Chuck

<Zakim> simply, you wanted to ask for a marker or highlight or document convention in the outline map to indicate which will be in the FPWD.

<Lauriat> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Main_Page#Silver_Content

sl: Current work called out on wiki ...
... Doesn't mean we're doing them all for fpwd
... but does indicate what we're working on
... We will be reviewing what we will put in fpwd when we coord with chairs and Michael next week, so we can be clear
... there are notable implications to fpwd
... we "kind of" have a marker

chuck: Notes our last meeting was cut short for lack of things to discuss
... So we should be preparing content for calls

sl: There's good discussion on list recently, in greater depth than before and with additional folks

<Lauriat> trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/10/18 18:33:46 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: jeanne, Rachael, Lauriat, Chuck, janina, Makoto, Cyborg, CharlesHall, johnkirkwood, bbailey, KimD, MichaelC, Fazio, AngelaAccessForAll
Present: jeanne Rachael Lauriat Chuck janina Makoto Cyborg CharlesHall johnkirkwood bbailey KimD MichaelC Fazio AngelaAccessForAll
Found Scribe: janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 18 Oct 2019
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]