DXWG Plenary

23 July 2019


AndreaPerego, annette_g, kcoyle, ncar, PWinstanley, riccardoAlbertoni
Alejandra, Antoine, DaveBrowning, SimonCox

Meeting minutes



<PWinstanley> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2019/‌07/‌16-dxwg-minutes

proposed: Accept Minutes of previous meeting

<AndreaPerego> 0 (was not there)

<PWinstanley> -0 (not there)

<riccardoAlbertoni> +0 ( i was not there)

0 (was not there)

<annette_g> +1

<kcoyle> +1

Resolved: Accept Minutes of previous meeting

PWinstanley: we will skip the Open Action Items - all subgroup stuff

Definition of 'data profile' / 'profile'

PWinstanley: do we make every occurence of 'profile' specific for 'data profile'?

<riccardoAlbertoni> +1 to state at the beginning and then use profile

<annette_g> +1 to clarifying at the beginning and using the simpler form in most places

PWinstanley: do people have views on this? My own view is that it could be mentioned as a statement of convention at the beginning (that 'data profile' == 'profile')

PWinstanley: can people present views?

<kcoyle> +1 with what annette says

+1 to state at the beginning and then use profile

<AndreaPerego> +1

PWinstanley: let's place something at the beginning - when we say 'profile' we mean 'data profile'

PWinstanley: I haven't been at recent DCAT meetings, can riccardoAlbertoni or AndreaPerego say something?


<riccardoAlbertoni> https://‌docs.google.com/‌spreadsheets/‌d/‌1biOFTFAlF6wd7nhi5MsSusMokfdbwWII9OXSyfAw2iQ/‌edit#gid=0

riccardoAlbertoni: briefly, we have been dealing with feedback & editorial issues, this link lists most issues we want to address before CR

riccardoAlbertoni: most are closed / due for closing

riccardoAlbertoni: any questions?

riccardoAlbertoni: do we need a vote before the submission to W3C?

PWinstanley: it would be prudent, will have to do this next week

AndreaPerego: if people won't attend next week, can they be asked to vote via email?

PWinstanley: yes, I will issue a poll

<kcoyle> +1 for congrats to DCAT group!!

Action: PWinstanley to issue a poll for voting on DCAT - due 2019-07-30

<trackbot> Created ACTION-350 - Issue a poll for voting on dcat [on Peter Winstanley - due 2019-07-30].

<AndreaPerego> Thanks for the congrats!

PWinstanley: we congratulate the DCAT team

PWinstanley: do we need more DCAT implementation evidence?

AndreaPerego: yes, more non-DCAT-AP would be good

PWinstanley: EC community is aware of DCAT rev becoming available

riccardoAlbertoni: considering August break, can we have more than 28 days to collect implementation evidence?

PWinstanley: we can ask Phillipe or present the CR in later Aug. This meeting is not formal - just a status check

Conneg Profiles

<PWinstanley> ncar: we have been meeting for the last few weeks

<PWinstanley> ... for the last couple of months there have been PWD issues - they are not major. We have dealt with the large ones, except for one about service discovery and service representation

<PWinstanley> ... This relates to encountering and querying - the thinking on how to deal with this is still maturing

<PWinstanley> ... but we are close. In 1-2 weeks we will come to the plenary with a solution

<PWinstanley> ... we will then be close to PWD3

<PWinstanley> ... this will be an issue-fixing release, and thereafter it will be (hopefully)editorial

<PWinstanley> kcoyle: we need to ensure that the docs don't have dependencies on other docs that we are working on

<PWinstanley> ncar: the top of the conneg doc refers principally to the IETF doc, and also to the vocabulary (but that isn't normative)

<PWinstanley> ... we do hope finish off the PWD3 and then to circle back to the profiles vocab, and then come back to conneg

<PWinstanley> ... this should help us separate out the potential blurring that there is for comments at present

ncar: From the introduction: "Describing the parts of profiles and their relation to other profiles is the function of the Profiles Vocabulary [PROF], also produced by the DXWG."

<PWinstanley> kcoyle: we need to ensure that at the moment there isn't any reference to docs that don't exist - it is a risk

<PWinstanley> ... then later we can develop, perhaps, a primer

Meeting wrap-up

PWinstanley: if there is no further business, I will send out a poll re DCAT putting forward a CR draft

<riccardoAlbertoni> thanks, bye !

PWinstanley: thank you everyone, I wish you all a good week, see you next week

<AndreaPerego> Thanks, and bye!


<annette_g> bye!

Summary of action items

  1. PWinstanley to issue a poll for voting on DCAT - due 2019-07-30

Summary of resolutions

  1. Accept Minutes of previous meeting
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by Bert Bos's scribe.perl version Mon Apr 15 13:11:59 2019 UTC, a reimplementation of David Booth's scribe.perl. See history.


Succeeded: s/presentè/present+/

Succeeded: s/Resolution: /proposed: /

Succeeded: s/Introduction:/ncar: From the introduction:/

Maybe present: proposed