Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

17 Jul 2019


janina, MichaelC, Joanmarie_Diggs, Matthew_Atkinson, Irfan, JF, JonnyJames, Becka11y


<scribe> scribe: Irfan

Agenda Review & Announcements

janina: few additional items in agenda today
... need to determine if we are accepting them
... anyone have anything to add in agenda?

TPAC 2019 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2019

janina: need to plan agenda. got the details from pronunciation task force
... if you have topics, please share so hat w ecan cover
... APA tooling... we want to talk more about it.. I am concerned about tracking outcomes.
... need to track and update the group. need to do better job for updates.

JF: didnt capture the idea of tracking

janina: there is no real tracking mechanism... need to work on it. there is no way to follow up after commenting

JF: are we discussing it to day to resolve

janina: nope, we talk about it at TPAC

JF: lot of working groups are tracking in gitHub. we could perhaps track the response on wiki based upon email address

janina: those are options

Workshop Updates

janina: Thanks Matthew! its going to impact on our agenda at TPAC.

<Matthew_Atkinson> Here's my technical summary of the web games workshop - http://matatk.agrip.org.uk/articles/w3c-workshop-on-web-games/ - as mentioned in RQTF, thanks to everyone for your help with the paper and to The Paciello Group for funding my trip :-).


Irfan will create a ticket in ARIA issue tracker and will add it to the agenda to discuss at TPAC

JF: markup is not a role but an intent. it feels that <strong> and <em> can be styling. Its not really role.

joanie: I want a new issue in aria working group github

JF: I will add the things that we are looking to do at personalization. something like intent.. feels there is cross check between aria working group and personalization.

joanie: em and strong has semantic meaning.... we are not doing it for presentation but semantic. please file an issue.

jf: will file a bug
... Irfan and JF will file new issues.

Task Force Updates

jf: updates from personalization. didn't have enough ppl to have a meeting. there are 5800 different symbol. we will use the basic taxonomy where each symbol has a meaning.
... in past two weeks we are getting close to have a resolution is next couple of weeks
... we are getting a predefined list.

janina: licensing is not a problem

Horizontal reviews https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

mc: web authetication working group has a new charter. we dont know where it is.
... they filled the issue requesting horizontal issue but we cant find it
... cant find the charter. need to keep the radar to look into it

janina: we want to consider authentication is important.

mc: cant find it in mailing list either
... tracking mechanism is not working well.
... no other horizontal review
... XR workshop?

janina: we just concluded it.
... is there any charter?

mc: there is a draft workshop called inclusive XR.
... we dont need to review it but I will ask for opinion on it.
... if there is anything we need to do on it.

janina: dont think so

Trace Context Response http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2019Jul/0039.html

janina: this is the added agenda where we have comment from response. it came via github. asking MC to forward. asking people to look at that and if they are satisfied with the response

jf: reading the response from Daniel, transaction identifier is randomly generated. they are saying that while the possibility is user finger printing is possible but this spec seems a tunnel. data is basically capturing the end user server.
... its a pen and paper and not context. this is what I am reading. not sure about other people

janina: any privacy finger printing issue?

jf: have concerns with browsers finger printing but it is happening on recipient server and not on browser

janina: inclining to accept the response
... anybody is agree with that?

mc: I am responding.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

mc: got an issue from CSS working group.

<MichaelC> CSS Display Module Level 3

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3040

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/CSS_Display_Module_Level_3

mc: display:contents breaks accessibility #24

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues/24

mc: I filed an issue on august 1st 2018 in CSS task force and Jonny filed another at CSS working group.
... issue is still open.

janina: we noticed that its is fixed in ff and chrome

mc: we dont have formal response yet

jf: last comment was on may 22nd
... we need either trust their testing or do some verification testing to confirm

janina: this is task force issue

mc: do we need to ask task force to look into it?

janina: may be we can bring it up next week and talk to Ian.

<JF> https://caniuse.com/#search=display%3A%20contents%3B

<MichaelC> CSS Syntax Module Level 3

mc: dont know if we have any comment how to parse CSS.

becky: came late.. as long as it is parsing and not behavior

jf: it has impact on output but I guess it should not be a concern

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

Other Business

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/07/17 16:51:46 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/files/filled/
Succeeded: s/authoentication/authetication/
Default Present: janina, MichaelC, Joanmarie_Diggs, Matthew_Atkinson, Irfan, JF, JonnyJames, Becka11y
Present: janina MichaelC Joanmarie_Diggs Matthew_Atkinson Irfan JF JonnyJames Becka11y
Regrets: Gottfried
Found Scribe: Irfan
Inferring ScribeNick: Irfan
Found Date: 17 Jul 2019
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]