WoT PlugFest

22 May 2019



Kaz_Ashimura, Ege_Korkan, Kathy_Giori, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally, Takahisa_Suzuki, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Toru_Kawaguchi
Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool
ege, kaz


<inserted> scribenick: kaz

Possible bridging between Mozilla WebThing and WoT Thing Description?

Kaz: given Sebastian needs to leave earlier today, we should talk about the possible bridging between Mozilla's WebThing and WoT for the demo on the OpanDay, June 3

Sebastian: workshop demo on the OpenDay will include our WoT work based on the WoT standards
... also we'd have your demo

Kathy: the main difference is links vs forms
... to reference for devices
... that's the main one
... not sure how to bridge it to WoT

Sebastian: renaming links to forms, etc.

Kathy: note that we use titles already

Sebastian: how about having some patch or transformer for the conversion from WebThing notation to WoT notation?

Kathy: let me ask
... maybe it's possible to deal with that

Sebastian: would be very cool :)

(Lagally joins; and Kaz summarizes the discussion so far)


Lagally: goes through the agenda

Demo preparation

Lagally: would suggest we add columns on "what to do on which day"

<inserted> scribenick: ege

Ege: indicating the location of demos in the columns?

Lagally: yes we can add it
... adds information on location

WoT wiki

2nd WoT Workshop logistics (June 3-5)

Munich F2F wiki (June 1-2 and June 6-7)

Lagally: when it will be possible?

Sebastian: the whole day I will be there

Lagally: until what time will you be there

Sebastian: please give me a call if you are there
... sending an email with my phone number

<kaz> TUM

<kaz> Siemens

Lagally: ( adds locations for demos places in wiki)

Sebastian: I have the network set up, we can bring it to TUM
... check if the ports are open

Ege: ok

Lagally: the list is getting denser
... there seems to be a confusion
... some TDs need to be updated
... this is separate from testing
... these are TDs for actual devices
... these TDs are not updated

Ege: I am waiting for node-wot to be updated

Lagally: good to add any information possible to the readme
... any ideas for demo scenarios?

Sebastian: maybe christian mentioned it but we have a charging demo with ecoG, siemens and panasonic
... charging depending on the energy consumption

Lagally: explains the chemical plant scenario
... you can improve the scenario
... is mmccool bringing all the devices himself for the smart city scenario

Sebastian: i think so

Lagally: what about mozilla

Kathy: yes I will bring a demo

Lagally: it would be a good thing to have a description

Kathy: yes I wanted to write

Lagally: I can add it for you now

Kathy: it is called private home demo, mozilla gateway

Lagally: let me know if you have issues with GitHub
... please indicate availability on what days you can come and bring devices

Poster for the demos

Sebastian: the template for the poster can be found on github
... you can change it as you wish
... it would be nice to have the same background

Lagally: how big are the poster printout size

Sebastian: a0

<kaz> A0: 841×1189mm

Lagally: (notes the specific size on Github)
... will they be on the wall

Sebastian: no, there will those flexible wall thingies

Online PlugFest setting?

Toru: which hangout link?

Lagally: I don't really know
... the online plugfest will be good to test if network work

<kaz> fyi, resources on the online testfest in Dec., 2018

Lagally: let's have a reminder via email about the online plugfest

Kaz: I have put some links to previous online plugfest above

Lagally: meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/05/24 03:11:20 $