22 May 2019



Kaz_Ashimura, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_McCool, Michael_Lagally, Taki_Kamiya, Takahisa_Suzuki, Ege_Korkan, Toru_Kawaguchi, Dave_Raggett, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Kunihiko_Toumura, Daniel_Peintner, Ryuichi_Matsukura


<scribe> scribenick: kaz

Quick updates

McCool: currently in the IIC meeting
... a couple of discussions including digital twins
... looks like TD
... 2nd thing is Intel IoT DevFest
... submitted an abstract and it's accepted
... updated the abstract and sent it to the mailinglist

McCool's proposal

Matthias: tx

Lagally: first of all, interested in the IIC digital twin presentation
... any public information about that?

McCool: IIC stuff is Member-only...

Lagally: there will be ISO/IEC JTC1 meeting in China
... our AC rep is participating in it
... and will make presentation about W3C WoT
... hope that's fine by everybody

Matthias: good
... also attended one of the JTC sub committee meetings

Lagally: high-level overview of architecture, etc.
... material is focused

Matthias: is that fine by all?

McCool: yeah


Matthias: we have a draft Charter for IG

<mkovatsc> Draft IG Charter

McCool: (btw, AC meeting presentation might be a good starting point for the high-level overview)

Matthias: the above
... need resolution for it
... is there still any outstanding issue?

Kaz: I'm OK with the proposed Charter myself
... but some discussion on GitHub
... issue 599

Issue 599

Kaz: would suggest we simply say "we'll work on use cases and requirements..." like the MEIG Charter
... don't have to define concrete documents for IGs

MEIG Charter draft

Lagally: need another iteration?
... some consideration for the workshop as well?

Matthias: the idea to keep the IG Charter flexible
... workshop discussions for the WG Charter mainly

McCool: that's my point as well
... IG works on general/high-level ideas
... WG Charter needs more detailed discussion, though

Kaz: right
... we should bring our fixed version draft to W3M quickly so that we can get their review soon

McCool: how about making resolution by email by Monday, May 27?

Matthias: can work on the draft Charter
... make the deliverable open
... just list some possible topics

Kaz: yes, possible topics

McCool: what about IG Chairs?

Matthias: can have detailed discussion during the f2f?

McCool: right

Matthias: next WG Charter
... will pick up topics during the workshop
... and have discussion during the f2f

PR publication tasks

Kaz: we published CRs for TD and Architecture on May 16
... thanks a lot for your contribution, Editors and all!

Matthias: thank you very much!
... we could publish them officially

PR 709

McCool: updated test results to be confirmed
... there are still some errors
... please update your TDs

Kaz: where is the latest working area?

<McCool> https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/testing/tests/2019-05

McCool: updates from Fujitsu and Oracle there
... please make your updates as well
... really need updates

Lagally: tx for looking into the TDs
... will review it

McCool: still some errors and need updates
... need SmartThings, etc.

<McCool> https://cdn.statically.io/gh/mmccool/wot-thing-description/updated-test-results/testing/report.html#test_class

McCool: would emphasize that at-risk features are low priority
... non-at-risk items are the priority
... we need to update all of them
... looking through here...
... we need both clients and servers
... there is missing parts due to people have not done both
... here updated template for CSV

Template for CSV

McCool: strongly would suggest people update the info using this

Ege: question
... some assertions named "td-*-type"
... these are not really clear

McCool: should be validated based on JSON Schema
... if you don't have array at all, not to implement

Matthias: in section 6, there is a mapping rule
... and listed under 6.3

Section 6

Section 6.3

Matthias: you can check the definition

McCool: automatically testable?

Ege: yes
... also there is a new word, "signature of class"

Matthias: two terms input/output for example
... don't fully understand these type things here

(e.g., "td-map-type")

Ege: if we have any class for security, etc., that class is pass

(e.g., for "td-class-type")

McCool: also mention an error on "td-map-type"
... already fixed within my PR
... go back to the report.html
... most of them pretty easy
... multi languages, etc., here
... there are some additional "0 implementations" features

Ege: general consideration whether pass or not
... think there is some error

(e.g., "td-arrays-forms")

McCool: some errors around here
... caused by duplicated ID
... goes through the other assertions
... fancier options on data schema here
... these are not marked as at-risk but may be at-risk (not high priority, though)
... td-vocab-href--Form
... we have many red assertions for security here
... content negotiation and language things are priority

Kaz: tx
... we should update the timeline and clarify the schedule so that we can finalize this report by June 13
... maybe we need to assign people to remaining features like we did during the Princeton meeting

McCool: would get volunteers

Kaz: some more discussion during the testing call today?

McCool: can't make the testing call today...

Matthias: question to Daniel
... quickly cover some of the assertions?

<dape> thingweb.node-wot Issue 88

Daniel: e.g., the language part
... language thing, HTTP namespace, etc.

Matthias: @language could include Web UI?

Daniel: need to check

Matthias: good to have discussion during the testing call
... node-red implementation by Hitachi could be also a possibility
... we should have brainstorming about the plan

Lagally: we should have the call the call today for demo prep?

McCool: let's talk about testing offline

Matthias: please create an issue about the testing plan if there is any problem
... any update on TAG review?
... seems not

Kaz: postponed till May 21
... we should check with Daniel as the TAG Chair
... there are 2 approaches for security review, TAG and IIC/Intel internal

Matthias: can also send a message to IRTF T2T guys

McCool: would be helpful

Kaz: shall I send a reminder to Daniel Appelquist?

Matthias: yes, please

Kaz: will do

Test Cases and Report

proposed schedule

Matthias: how to deal with that?

Kaz: we can simply say "we're generating the implementation report"

McCool: right

Kaz: think we can explain where to put the TD data (on GitHub) and how to use the tools (manually or automatically) within the implementation report itself

Workshop and Demos

<mlagally> Workshop agenda page

Lagally: the draft agenda has been settled as above
... will have discussion with W3M tomorrow
... keynote speech on Wednesday also settled
... if you submitted a position paper, please see where your talk is assigned
... the whole things should be done smoothly, so please check pc connectivity, etc., beforehand

Ege: question about OpenDay

Kaz: we need some more discussion with Sebastian about that part


Matthias: if you've not registered, please get registered asap
... there is a registration site and a f2f wiki

Ege: any possible sponsor for catering?
... for coffee break; not lunch

Kaz: let's try some coffee ourselves like we did in Korea :)

Ege: ok

Kaz: tx a lot for your help, Ege!


Matthias: put several resources

https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/ WG page is up-to-date

https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/ IG page need updates

https://www.w3.org/WoT/ wot entry page also need updates

Matthias: need some more discussion about how to proceed

Demo discussion

Lagally: will start the demo prep discussion in 5mins

<mlagally> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf

Lagally: on plugfest webex and #wot-pf IRC channels


Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/05/22 16:01:20 $