DXWG CNEG Subgroup telecon

27 March 2019

Meeting minutes

*apologies for latness - PC updates

confirm agenda

<LarsG> +1


<roba> +1

Approve minutes from last meeting

propose: Approve last meeting's minutes

<LarsG> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌wiki/‌Meetings:CNEG-Telecon2019.03.27

<LarsG> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2019/‌03/‌13-dxwgcneg-minutes

+0 (not there)

<LarsG> +1

<roba> +1

<LarsG> s/https:\/\/www.w3.org\/2017\/dxwg\/wiki\/Meetings:CNEG-Telecon2019.03.27//

Resolved: Approve last meeting's minutes

Check list of open action items

<LarsG> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌products/‌4

<LarsG> action-193?

<trackbot> action-193 -- Rob Atkinson to Move jmeter test suite to within w3c systems -- due 2018-09-05 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌193

topi: discussion about open action items

<LarsG> action-291?

<trackbot> action-291 -- Nicholas Car to Review initial "no overlap" determination and propose explanatory note -- due 2019-02-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌291

<LarsG> ncar: can probably be closed due to the development

<LarsG> ... of the various documents

<LarsG> ... there doesn't seem to be an overlap any more

<LarsG> ... can be closed

<LarsG> close action-291

<trackbot> Closed action-291.

<LarsG> action-312?

<trackbot> action-312 -- Rob Atkinson to Create an issue for sequence diagram -- due 2019-03-20 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌312

<LarsG> roba: fixed as #852, can be closed

<LarsG> close action-312

<trackbot> Closed action-312.

<LarsG> action-313?

<trackbot> action-313 -- Lars G. Svensson to Ping nick about action-291 -- due 2019-03-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌313

<LarsG> LarsG: can be closed since acted on and 291 is closed

<LarsG> close action-313

<trackbot> Closed action-313.

<LarsG> action-315?

<trackbot> action-315 -- Lars G. Svensson to Add a proposal for url length into #592 -- due 2019-03-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌315

<LarsG> LarsG: acted https://‌lists.w3.org/‌Archives/‌Public/‌public-dxwg-wg/‌2019Mar/‌0409.html

<LarsG> close action-315

<trackbot> Closed action-315.

<LarsG> action-316?

<trackbot> action-316 -- Lars G. Svensson to Review the implications of profile transitivity wrt to ietf document -- due 2019-03-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌316

roba: you could say this is a client problem

LarsG: the IETF document will likely not say anything about this

LarsG: the IETF doc may refer to the W3C doc for details about this

roba: most common UC, server supports a more specific profile than the client wants

roba: want to allow clients to ask for most general, server to give most specific

roba: want to make sure IETF doc doesn't prevent this

LarsG: perhaps IETF doc will suggest servers might want to support transitivity (of profiles) but that the IETF doc won't describe how

roba: we have to say what a valid response is - the requested URI or another (more specific?)

LarsG: client won't know that it's a narrower profile

roba: unless the rule is you either get what you asked for or a narrower

LarsG: from mediatype world, you ask for text/xml but you get back some other ...+xml, the client might not know that this is XML but this is legal

roba: this is what we want

roba: tricky if client asked for a weighted set of profiles

LarsG: this all makes it hard to make clients

roba: might not make the client harder to make

LarsG: client might not know how to relate profile URLs

LarsG: mediatypes not opaque - has +xml for XML subtypes

<LarsG> ncar: there is knowledge in the structure (+xml)

<LarsG> ... not sensible to ask for "nothing but this profile"

<LarsG> roba: the server has a specific version

<LarsG> ncar: If I get back a narrower profile everything is OK

<LarsG> roba: problem is when you ask for two profiles

<LarsG> ncar: is it possible to have the case when you get a resource according

<LarsG> ... to two profiles?

<LarsG> ncar: thought we decided to return the profile URI the client

<LarsG> ... asked for even if it returns a narrower profile

<LarsG> roba: then the client doesn't know what profile it really got

<LarsG> [...] discussion on how to split what the client asked for and which profile it actually is (a broader one)

<LarsG> ncar: will make a branch and a PR with proposal text

<LarsG> action-317?

<trackbot> action-317 -- Rob Atkinson to Remove the "list tokens" part from the ed since that's not necessary any more -- due 2019-03-20 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌317

<LarsG> roba: PR has been approved and merged

<LarsG> close action-317

<trackbot> Closed action-317.

<LarsG> action-318?

<trackbot> action-318 -- Lars G. Svensson to Remove closed issues from the connec ed document -- due 2019-03-20 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌318

LarsG: I went to remove closed isseus but didn't find any

<LarsG> close action-318

<trackbot> Closed action-318.

LarsG: was I meant to remove Requirements?

roba: no, looks like job done

General Business

<LarsG> ncar: want to put forward to publish ED as PWD in next plenary

ncar: are we ready for 2PWD

<LarsG> +1

<roba> +1


Resolved: want to put forward to publish ED as PWD in next plenary

Anette's issue regarding the QSA approach is Issue 544 in Sec 7.2 in the doc

roba: our main respondent, Kam Hay Fung, has heighed in about it

ncar: I will prepare the doc for 2PWD and prepare a PR for returning narrower profiles

Daylight savings time changes

LarsG: we used to meet at other times, should we change?

LarsG: we haven't had any USA participation for 4 months, can we go back to previous time?

roba: I can make the previous timeslot

ncar: I can make the previous, prefer this timeslot

LarsG: I will prepare a poll for a new time

Action: LarsG to propose new meeting times

<trackbot> Created ACTION-320 - Propose new meeting times [on Lars G. Svensson - due 2019-04-03].

Summary of action items

  1. LarsG to propose new meeting times

Summary of resolutions

  1. Approve last meeting's minutes
  2. want to put forward to publish ED as PWD in next plenary
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by Bert Bos's scribe.perl version 2.49 (2018/09/19 15:29:32), a reimplementation of David Booth's scribe.perl. See CVS log.


Failed: s/https:\/\/www.w3.org\/2017\/dxwg\/wiki\/Meetings:CNEG-Telecon2019.03.27//

Succeeded: s/Topi: General Business//