Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

12 Dec 2018


Joanmarie_Diggs, irfan, janina, Becka11y, MichaelC, Gottfried, Léonie, (tink), JonnyJames
John, Becky


<scribe> scribe: Gottfried

Agenda Review & Announcements

Gottfried: Stepping down from being a liaison, reporting from SC35 to W3C. But staying in W3C APA.

Janina: We will have one more call this year - next week. Then resume on Jan. 9.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html


Michael: I assume we don't need to track our own work?

Janina: Yes

<MichaelC> CSS Fragmentation Module Level 3

Janina: We get a lot of navigation scenarios, from RQTF.
... Math-related, chemistry, ...
... Requirements for different kinds of navigation are becoming obvious. How can we facilitate accessible access?

Michael: Navigation issue in knowledge domains different from navigation issues in CSS?

Janina: Yes, we need to find out.

Michael: CSS navigation issue has been dangling in CSS wg for a while - with no progress. What can we give them?

<MichaelC> WebRTC Next Version Use Cases

Michael: Shadi wants to submit use cases
... We do not have issues with this.

Janina: I can submit use cases.

<MichaelC> ACTION: janina to review WebRTC Next Version Use Cases

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2187 - Review webrtc next version use cases [on Janina Sajka - due 2018-12-19].

<MichaelC> action-2187: https://www.w3.org/TR/webrtc-nv-use-cases/

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2187 Review webrtc next version use cases.

<MichaelC> action-2187: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/WebRTC_Next_Version_Use_Cases

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2187 Review webrtc next version use cases.

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8


<trackbot> action-2185 -- Janina Sajka to Return to drafting comments on poe use cases and requirements -- due 2018-12-05 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2185

POE = Permission, Obligation, Expression


<trackbot> action-2184 -- Michael Cooper to Draft accessibility considerations section for https://www.w3.org/tr/filter-effects-1/ -- due 2018-12-05 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2184

Janina: Becky has done this.
... Separate on our agenda today.

<MichaelC> close action-2183

<trackbot> Closed action-2183.

<MichaelC> close action-2184

<trackbot> Closed action-2184.

<MichaelC> reopen action 2183


<trackbot> action-2183 -- Janina Sajka to Draft a message to the trace context spec authors - and run by joanie. https://www.w3.org/tr/2018/wd-distributed-tracing-20181106/ -- due 2018-11-14 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2183


<trackbot> action-2182 -- Janina Sajka to Draft a paper for the strong authentication & identity workshop -- due 2018-11-14 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2182

Janina: OBE

<MichaelC> close action-2182

<trackbot> Closed action-2182.


<trackbot> action-2181 -- Janina Sajka to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/navigation-timing-2/ navigation timing level 2 -- due 2018-10-31 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2181

Janina: Fingerprinting considerations?

Michael: yes


<trackbot> action-2169 -- Janina Sajka to Ask web assembly wg about web assembly core, what are use cases, does it impact ui and need a11y advice about using a11y api -- due 2018-02-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2169


<trackbot> action-2131 -- Michael Cooper to Ask webappsec if csp is meant to block bookmarklets, and raise issue of a11y scripts that users explicitly request (not xss) -- due 2018-09-26 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2131

Janina: Still relevant?

Michael: Still in wd mode


<trackbot> action-618 -- Janina Sajka to relay conclusions to the IETF HTTP group -- due 2013-12-31 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/618

Considerations Draft http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2018Dec/0010.html

Janina: Becky posted this a few days ago.
... Should we run a formal CfC on it?

Michael: Minor word-smithing, but otherwise okay

Janina: Let's put forward a CfC expiring on Monday.

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

Specification Matrix Review https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review

Michael: Last time, we went through the "active" category.
... There is CSS
... There is only 4 specs where spec review is requested from us.

<MichaelC> close action-2161

<trackbot> Closed action-2161.

Michael: Still have Page Visibility Level 2, https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Page_Visibility_Level_2

Janina: I thought we made some progress on this this year.
... I will try to follow up.

Michael: Category Spec Review Needed, https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Needed

Janina: Let's take this list of specs to the WAI Coordination
... Can we propose it for Judy's agenda next Wed?

<MichaelC> Confinement with Origin Web Labels

Michael: FPWD from 3 years ago. We need an AT expert to review it.

Janina: Not sure this is going anywhere.

Michael: Web app sec wg.
... We can either discard or take it to WAI Coord.

Janina: Let's keep it on the list.

<MichaelC> HTML Imports

Michael: Looking at their draft charter, not listed as new deliverable. Most likely dead.

Janina: Let's drop.

<MichaelC> Web Publications for the Open Web Platform: Vision And Technical Challenges

Michael: This is an interest group note. Looks like they renamed it since we looked at it.

Janina: Publishing should be interested.

Michael: It comes from the digital publishing wg.
... Shall we trust Tzviya?
... No need to review?

Janina: Yes

<MichaelC> System Keyboard Lock

Janina: Sounds like an AT thing

Michael: Somehow this hit our radar, but not a TR doc.
... Has not been updated for a while.
... They don't have a doc in their charter like this.

Janina: Abandon.

Community Group Redux https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

Janina: How can we be more useful, and associate a person with every CG that might have meaningful work for us to track.
... And we need to list these associated persons.

Gottfried: I am in Accessible Online Learning Community Group.
... I can track that work - but not very active now.

Janina: We need to update this page, and add new names.

Other Business

Irfan: Recruiting right now. Will start calls in Jan, bi-weekly first.
... A lot of people have shown interest.

Michael: Many people were interested, but only a couple of them have taken the next step.

Irfan: Not unusual.

Janina: I want to be in the loop.

Irfan: How long is the recruiting phase usually?

Janina: It helps to have use cases specified, and done the gap analysis.

Irfan: We have been talking about this a couple of years.

Janina: Maybe pull this together in a doc?
... Then FPWD, and advise the wider W3C community.
... After that time look at responses and edit accordingly. We should use GitHub this time.
... You need two independent implementations before publication.
... We may need to start as a note, and get an amendment to our charter to make it a spec.

Michael: Good to do this in a Wiki, i will help putting forward.

Janina: We are done!

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: janina to review WebRTC Next Version Use Cases

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/12/12 17:55:29 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Web Coordination/WAI Coordination/
Default Present: Joanmarie_Diggs, irfan, janina, Becka11y, MichaelC, Gottfried, Léonie, (tink)
Present: Joanmarie_Diggs irfan janina Becka11y MichaelC Gottfried Léonie (tink) JonnyJames
Regrets: John Becky
Found Scribe: Gottfried
Inferring ScribeNick: Gottfried
Found Date: 12 Dec 2018
People with action items: janina

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]