DXWG DCAT subgroup teleconference 07 November 2018 21:00 UTC

07 November 2018

Meeting minutes


should i fwd the invite?

details are here https://‌lists.w3.org/‌Archives/‌Public/‌public-dxwg-wg/‌2018Oct/‌0401.html

details are here https://‌lists.w3.org/‌Archives/‌Public/‌public-dxwg-wg/‌2018Oct/‌0401.html...

but I'm alone

<riccardoAlbertoni> alejandra the link is changed check the mail https://‌lists.w3.org/‌Archives/‌Public/‌public-dxwg-wg/‌2018Oct/‌0401.html...

Approve minutes from last meeting

<alejandra> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2018/‌10/‌31-dxwgdcat-minutes

<alejandra> +1

<riccardoAlbertoni> 0 ( i was not there)

<PWinstanley> 0


Resolved: Minutes approved

Outstanding actions

<alejandra> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌open

Public comments list

alejandra: Clemen's comment - do we let the discussion continue for now

<alejandra> https://‌lists.w3.org/‌Archives/‌Public/‌public-dxwg-comments/

alejandra: or formulate a response

<alejandra> DaveBrowning reply to Clemens: https://‌lists.w3.org/‌Archives/‌Public/‌public-dxwg-comments/‌2018Nov/‌0000.html

PWinstanley: Horses for courses - need to keep them in the dialog

<alejandra> Clemens' reply: https://‌lists.w3.org/‌Archives/‌Public/‌public-dxwg-comments/‌2018Nov/‌0001.html

PWinstanley: as long as we have identifier to tie back to comment

<alejandra> Luca Trani: https://‌lists.w3.org/‌Archives/‌Public/‌public-dxwg-comments/‌2018Oct/‌0003.html

alejandra: we should acknowledge to the other comment (Luca)


<riccardoAlbertoni> +1

<AndreaPerego> +1

alejandra: let the conversation around Clemens to continue
… On Luca's - generally positive feed back

<alejandra> "I assume that more might be added to extend the scope of a Catalogue when needed. Am I correct? Do you support composition of resources? Would that be covered by dct:relation?"

alejandra: there are more questions as well

<AndreaPerego> Composition of resources requires further explanation from Luca.

<DaveBrowning_> DaveBrowning: test

<alejandra_> https://‌www.w3.org/‌2018/‌11/‌07-dxwgdcat-minutes.html

<AndreaPerego_> zakim AndreaPerego_ is AndreaPerego

<alejandra_> if Luca was referring to dataset composition, we might will be covering it already

<alejandra_> but we need clarification on what resources compositions he was referring to

<AndreaPerego_> s/zakim AndreaPerego_ is AndreaPerego //

<alejandra_> we should probably add an example of a service providing multiple datasets (can't remember if we have one already)

<riccardoAlbertoni_> adding to my list of example

<riccardoAlbertoni_> even better

AndreaPerego: About roles - we could ask him what roles are more often used?
… but what other ones would be useful - and should they be defined in the DCAT case
… so getting them to put forward a use case would be great
… Also perhaps need to be more explicit around relationship with Hydra

alejandra: He does say that Hydra goes beyond swagger etc
… so we need to raise some more issues, and start a dialog

<riccardoAlbertoni_> +1 to AndreaPerego about tracking the comments also outside the github

AndreaPerego: I'll do it, but can we use issues to track to conclusion

Action: AndreaPerego to reply to Luca's mail at https://‌lists.w3.org/‌Archives/‌Public/‌public-dxwg-comments/‌2018Oct/‌0003.html

<trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this channel.

PWinstanley: What's the difference between swagger etc on one side and Hydra on the other?

AndreaPerego: They do more or less the same. All are machine actionable. OpenAPI has more descriptive aspects

PWinstanley: So are these more documents or a response to a RESTful call?

<alejandra> I created the action manually: https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌258

AndreaPerego: Complex area.... lots of overlap.

PWinstanley: This a dynamic area and new techologies arise quite quickly

<AndreaPerego> Another example is the SPARQL Service Description: https://‌www.w3.org/‌TR/‌sparql11-service-description/

<alejandra> DaveBrowning: to what extend does it influence what we do with DCAT?

<alejandra> ... we need to preserve modularity

<alejandra> ... we need to be looking for the sweet spot, we need to be clear that we cannot be that definite

<alejandra> ... we shouldn't get too much into the detail, and be quite modular

PWinstanley: Yes, there are multiple things referenced and we need to make the right 'boundary'

<Zakim> AndreaPerego, you wanted to suggest we ask Luca how they addressed the same issue

alejandra: Yes - that's a good idea

<alejandra> their solution is visible in the UML diagram here: https://‌github.com/‌epos-eu/‌EPOS-DCAT-AP

AndreaPerego: There was a discussion on github (can't find it at the moment)
… will look for it - it used RDF

<PWinstanley> https://‌github.com/‌w3c/‌dxwg/‌issues/‌411 ref to THREDDS etc


<AndreaPerego> The GH discussion I mentioned: https://‌github.com/‌w3c/‌dxwg/‌issues/‌56#issuecomment-375893228

<AndreaPerego> It was Stephane Fellah who posted it,

<alejandra> Dave's spreadsheet: https://‌docs.google.com/‌spreadsheets/‌d/‌1aQqV5Dl3blsjk-Htx5bWZbXghvVZhl1mKOix4aAfL0g/‌edit#gid=0

<Zakim> riccardoAlbertoni_, you wanted to try summarize a proposal for Identifies

riccardoAlbertoni_: Is there activity for identifiers
… have some ideas on how to progress, draft example?

<alejandra> I think the discussion was around choosing between adms:identifier and sdo:identifier

<AndreaPerego> About dereferenceable IDs, I just discovered (thanks to Raphael Troncy and Antoine) that ISSN now supports URIs - e.g., http://‌issn.org/‌resource/‌ISSN/‌2242-8496

<alejandra> yes, I saw that, great

Action: riccardoAlbertoni_ to summarise the issues about identifiers and propose a solution

<trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this channel.

DaveBrowning: That would be a great idea- it would help clarify some of the versioning identifiers

<riccardoAlbertoni_> thanks bye

<alejandra> thanks all, bye!

<alejandra> action created here: https://‌www.w3.org/‌2017/‌dxwg/‌track/‌actions/‌259

<trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this channel.

Summary of action items

  1. AndreaPerego to reply to Luca's mail at https://‌lists.w3.org/‌Archives/‌Public/‌public-dxwg-comments/‌2018Oct/‌0003.html
  2. riccardoAlbertoni_ to summarise the issues about identifiers and propose a solution

Summary of resolutions

  1. Minutes approved
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by Bert Bos's scribe.perl version 2.49 (2018/09/19 15:29:32), a reimplementation of David Booth's scribe.perl. See CVS log.


Succeeded: s/poistive/positive/

Failed: s/zakim AndreaPerego_ is AndreaPerego //

Succeeded: s/zakim DaveBrowning_ is DaveBrowning//

Succeeded: s/zakim DaveBrowning_ is DaveBrowning//

Succeeded: s/zakim riccardoAlbertoni_ is riccardoAlbertoni//

Succeeded: s/hime/him/

Succeeded: s/Anothe example/Another example/

Succeeded: s/discvoered/discovered/