18 Oct 2018


Jennie, LisaSeemanKestenbaum, alastairc, kirkwood, Jan, Glenda, Roy
john_rochford, EA
kirkwood, alastairc


<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> best place to add comments is https://github.com/w3c/coga/issues/new

<kirkwood> sorry my mic isn’t wrk

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> oh no...

<kirkwood> present

<kirkwood> +

<kirkwood> i can scribe

<kirkwood> i can hear

<kirkwood> yes

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> yeah

<kirkwood> thanks!

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> scribe: kirkwood

AC: will interrupt for JK

do we have a meeting next week

LS: its a TPAC meeting next week


LS: asking about next week if can make call

Jennie can make it

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> close item 1

LS: next issue that wanted EA to look at as well as me and Jennie
... perosnalizaition task force add semantics that enables new technology to support people with cognitive disabilities
... examples you can say this is my contact information you can load a symbol familiar to user
... doesn’t show things that not critical so can have less content
... for an email all you absolutely you need is the send button on some days
... as an example
... like having alt text for COGA some people might need easier language or dycalcula for numbers
... two things in links that we need to look at, one is the vocabulary the other is how to use it in the content

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/Comparison-of-ways-to-use-vocabulary-in-content

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/Comparison-of-ways-to-use-vocabulary-in-content#new-example-showing-aui-attributes-single-aui-attributemicrosyntax-and-3-aui-attributes

LS: there are some examples as well of three most important conenders
... we can use it when making code as a programmer to make more errors or less

<alastairc> scribe:alastairc

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> aui="symbol:url('http://blisssymbolics.org/refnumber/18043'); action=undo"

LS: Interested in John's thoughts

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> aui-easylang="Clear Information" aui-symbol="http://blisssymbolics.org/refnumber/18043" aui-action="undo"

LS: one is to have one attribute with a url, or multiple attributes.
... I wonder which is harder?

<kirkwood> thinking could you rephrase question with these links

LS: for myself I know I'll make mistakes on one of them. Also, if people have friends who are programmers / can write an HTML page, which would be less error prone?

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> whole discuion is at https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/Comparison-of-ways-to-use-vocabulary-in-content

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> worked examples of pouler options are https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/Comparison-of-ways-to-use-vocabulary-in-content#new-example-showing-aui-attributes-single-aui-attributemicrosyntax-and-3-aui-attributes

<kirkwood> thank you

<kirkwood> yes the exact question is

LS: have a think about that, and have a look at it next week.

<kirkwood> i will look at it

<kirkwood> LS: which ones of these more popular options making code with it, not just use the content

LS: Question is: which one(s) of these different options (with worked examples) would be easist for programmers with cognitive issues to use.

<kirkwood> LS: important don’t make standards the preclude programmers with cognitive disabilities

<scribe> scribe:kirkwood

thats how im interpreting it

LS: are ther synaxes that are just tricky

The Personalization documents: https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2018/SessionIdeas#Personalization_-_How_Should_We_Implement.3F

LS: important don’t make standards the preclude programmers with cognitive disabilities

Steve: is there a problem with label four is first, is there a typo?

LS: yes
... steve also if you have any opinions if you could show it to them

Jennie: I’m drafting a message to put on internal poster board

Jennie could you share the message you are sending and I’ll try and send to others as well

LS: don’t want syntax to make life harder

Do we want a wcag 2.2 or focus on silver

<scribe> ACTION: share to get feedback

<trackbot> Error finding 'share'. You can review and register nicknames at <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.

AC: if discussion at TPAC for whole group is whats next, suplemental guidance can run in parallel. The question to inform discussion aroun 2.2 wether there was succcess criter that were close but didn’t get in
... for example authentification one
... trying to get a feel how much could go into 2.2 lets see if we can inform discussion

I think some could have timeouts maybe?

I think 2.2 … silver seems to long to me

what are the others that were close?

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#timeouts


<steve> where do we look for the status of those we originally wanted to be SCs? Git hub issues?

<alastairc> The list of 'defered' is here: https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+label%3ACOGA+label%3Adefer

LS: timouts was watered down

OK the ability to take breaks and self time/pace seems to be an issue potentially not properly addressed all good

AC: are there ones that were close?

LS: don’t really understand why all rejected
... yes plain language minimum and so testable
... can you make testable and not reading age algorythm

AC: that would be possible not just the need
... how do we do this is worth putting time into

LS: lets do a day hasing out how we could do something useful in the space
... take user need and do a workshop to see what objecting to and why
... if we could do that then 2.2 would be fantasitc

AC: thats a good idea

<Jan> I think that it's worth focusing on a couple of high-priority SCs for 2.2

AC: if other groups were positive 2.2 should arrange workshop, if there is needs from other groups

yes i agree

Jan: think we should discuss put focus on ones didn’t get in and close keeping it tight and focused
... might have derailed might have been the high number of SC

LS: the consensus to change was difficult if we have a face to face maybe could focus on just a few things

<alastairc> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/WCAG_2.1_Success_Criteria

AC: that will be the same with other task forces
... link to criteria for SC

LS: but it changed half way through

AC: anyone think of others that are high priority please respond to list


one yes ;)

LS: need to have a process to focus just on 2 or 3

AC: if we can persuade the group we can persuade the world
... get people involved in feasablity and user need side
... both sides

I agree

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> next item

LS: regarding a face to face in the second half of January, somewhere in England

an English accent says yes :)

England is fine with me

AC: could host

<Jennie> I work for government, so travel can be difficult. Is there going to be an option to participate remotely?

LS: any suggesions for venue in same country
... focus on date
... if more likely to come if near where you live?
... if so, do you have a venue

<Jennie> I can host, but I think the weather in January is not reasonable in St. Paul Minnesota!

<Glenda> just joined late via phone

LS: if anyone wants to ask company to host in UK ler us know, or in America to put out an invitation

<Jan> We can host in Austin, TX if America is easier

If come to NYC we can find venues

LS: i will make a wiki to see which ones can come to

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> next item

<Jan> I have to drop for another meeting.

LS: next item is publications which will take some time with TPAC coming
... do in steps to educate parent groups about whet we are doing

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> next item

LS: therefore design requirments will be a bit slower

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> close item 5

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> next item

LS: the next one is design requirements which we wanted to work with gap analysis and usable simoltaneously
... realistically not everyone wanted to write design requirments Jennie, Glenda alistari and steve
... thing we could do is have document in githube and move to google doc and copy over one by one in google so easier for people who have difficulties with HTML github

I agree with adding comments in Google docs!


yes typing i meant

That would be great

<Jennie> I can be flexible - whatever works for everyone else is fine.

Steve: comfortable in github but can understand but think back and forth to html if its worth more people being involved
... can take rendered version put in
... don’t want to get away from making it easier to edit

LS: copy back and forth need someone to do that would that be too much

sorry yes

LS: EA does as well


LS: therefore we will know which ones we are working on and sort of creates a workflow
... ask for volunteer

What are the choices of the ones to work on? could we put it in IRC?

LS: the Design Requirments Document ...

<Jennie> The next 2 weeks are busy for me, but I can volunteer after that as need be.

LS: link to usable an gap analyis

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/separate-usable-doc/content-usable/usable.html

LS: this is not the right link
... i’ll try and find the right link

<Roy> https://w3c.github.io/coga/content-usable/

LS: its in the Wiki

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> https://w3c.github.io/coga/requirements/index.html#theme1

LS: thats the usable and at bottom is design requirements
... one’s with editor notes saying more work need can copy into google docs

Which ones say work needed

Which ones say work needed? they are in the link correct?

Jennie: after the next two weeks can help

Jennis: I’m fine if you assign something to me

Steve: pick one for now

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> next item

LS: need to change name for design requirements its a loaded name

Design Parameters?

Design Guide is good

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> desine guide

<steve> I'll do "2.3.5 Chunk Media"

<steve> +1


<Jennie> +1

Jennie: someone spoke on topic ID24

<Jennie> That was Glenda :)


<Glenda> +1 to guide


LS: if you want to volunteer for one or two more
... and John if you want to volunteer that would be lovely ;)_
... once we got in shape we want could have subgroup coming out with a testable statement

<Jennie> +1

I think I lost audio

<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> i do minuets


<LisaSeemanKestenbaum> no problem\thank you John!!!

no prob can u make minutes, apologize

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: share to get feedback

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/10/18 15:11:11 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/AC: these are the onex that are close/AC: are there ones that were close?/
Present: Jennie LisaSeemanKestenbaum alastairc kirkwood Jan Glenda Roy
Regrets: john_rochford EA
Found Scribe: kirkwood
Inferring ScribeNick: kirkwood
Found Scribe: alastairc
Inferring ScribeNick: alastairc
Found Scribe: kirkwood
Inferring ScribeNick: kirkwood
Scribes: kirkwood, alastairc
ScribeNicks: kirkwood, alastairc

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: share

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]