Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

26 Sep 2018


janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, IanPouncey, JonnyJames, Chris_, JF, Becka11y
Leoni, Gottfried


<irfan> Irfan_Ali present+

<janina> scribe: chris_

Agenda Review & Announcements

Janina: standard agenda, action item review

Additions to the agenda?

Janina: News?

<JF> https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/Comparison-of-ways-to-use-vocabulary-in-content

Observation - personalization task force looking at mechanism to faciliate

JF: TF requires feedback and opinions
... comparisons will be provided from existing thread. John to provide
... provide feedback to John or TF mail list

Janina: can also copy the APA
... will cover personalization at TPAC

JF: want a11y SME to evaluate patterns to find common ground.

Janina: preparation important ahead of TPAC

TPAC 2018 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2018

Janina: Topic: TPAC

<JF> specifically to my issue/comment, please see here as well: https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/Comparison-of-ways-to-use-vocabulary-in-content#new-example-showing-aui-attributes-single-aui-attributemicrosyntax-and-3-aui-attributes

Janina: COmments or questions related to TPAC?

Ian: CSS - arrange for discussion with CSS WG

Janina: Posted rough draft of knowledge domain discussion
... 1 page summary for discussion. Please respond and provide comments. Will likely be expanded on

Draft Pronunciation Work Statement http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2018Sep/0018.html

Janina: Topic: Pronunication task force

Irfan: minimal comments so far
... some suggestions. Irfan to update and resend

Janina: concerns regarding comment to identify specific AT.

Irfan: Will add Janina's concern into discussion
... will try and update wiki directly

Janina: How is the demo coming?

Irfan: coming along - changes being incorporated

Janina: to create knowledge domain presentation
... Want time on APA agenda for Spoken presentation? How long?

CSS Update

Ian: Closed modules that did not require updates
... One open item left for review - Ian to follow up
... send request to talk to small group of CSS WG - not the entire group. New CSS WG Chair
... potential TF expansion

Janina: Need CSS involvement. Do we need ARIA, also?

Ian: not at this time based on need
... collaboration between CSS and AAM. Big effort. Lots of time needed
... Which TF would this work live?
... Effect of CSS on accessibility tree not documented properly. Looking to bring in appropriate groups to further discussion


Ian: if we could establish name or referable types to layout changes that would be helpful as it pertains to the accessibility tree

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

Becky: covered this list last week. May not be updates
... Page visibility level action item

John: Still in progress

Becky: Leonie - two WoT items
... scripting items due today
... Review CSS4 levels module. Ian addressed earlier

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<Becka11y> https://www.w3.org/TR/?status=wd

Becky: All Standards and Drafts page review
... some new items

<Becka11y> https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-css-text-4-20180920/

<Becka11y> CSS text module level 3 https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-css-text-3-20180920/

<Becka11y> CSS Text Module level 4 https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-css-fonts-4-20180920/

Ian to review CSS Text modeule level 3

<Becka11y> Payment Method: Basic Card https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-payment-method-basic-card-20180920/

<Becka11y> Using ARIA https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-using-aria-20180924/

<Becka11y> Reporting API https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-reporting-1-20180925/

Janina: not of interest to AMA?

<janina> We're OK on this -- no need for review

<Becka11y> CSS Scrollbars Module Level 1 https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-css-scrollbars-1-20180925/

<Becka11y> Network Error Logging https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-network-error-logging-1-20180925/

<janina> no need

<Becka11y> Device Memory https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-device-memory-1-20180925/

<janina> no need

<Becka11y> Server Timing https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-server-timing-20180926/

<janina> no need

<Becka11y> CSS Timing Functions Level 1 https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-css-timing-1-20180926/

<Becka11y> Navigation Timing Level 2 https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-navigation-timing-2-20180926/

<janina> We see potential for fingerprinting, and other privacy concerns. Need to look.

Becky: end of list

Other Business

Janiana: W3C workshop on permission concluding

Janina: Ted Drake representing AMA. Ted will report on discussion and two day workshop
... any other business?


Zakim: bye

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/09/26 16:46:08 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, IanPouncey, JonnyJames, Chris_, JF, Becka11y
Present: janina Joanmarie_Diggs IanPouncey JonnyJames Chris_ JF Becka11y
Regrets: Leoni Gottfried
Found Scribe: chris_
Inferring ScribeNick: Chris_
Found Date: 26 Sep 2018
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]