04 Oct 2017


See also: IRC log


Kaz_Ashimura, Dave_Raggett, Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Takeshi_Yamada, Uday_Davuluru, Zoltan_Kis, Daniel_Peintner, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Taki_Kamiya, Soumya_Kanti_Datta, Tomoaki_Mizushima
Matthias, Kajimooto


<scribe> scribenick: kaz_

TPAC/PlugFest registration

kaz:Please get registered for TPAC and PlugFest asap!

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2017/ TPAC

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTPlugFest201711/ PlugFest

node-wot update

dape: cleaning node-wot
... still working with Eclipse

mccool: changing the license is good starting point

kaz: talking with plh and we can move node-wot from external repo to the W3C repo if I can get admin permisison for the external one
... still need to check with wendy if we really want to have 2 licenses at once

dape: more complex to have multiple licenses
... so having only one license would be easier

mccool: meaning only W3C license?

dape: yes, and will check again
... would like to move node-wot repo to eclipse repo

<dape> see https://github.com/eclipse/

kaz: not the w3c repo?

mccool: let's talk about the detail separately during the Chairs call

kaz: ok

IoT dev fest talk

mccool: submitted


mccool: me and koster invited to give talks

security workshop

mccool: IEEE S&P proposal rejected
... so we'll focus on the NDSS one

editor training

mccool: deferred

kaz: schedule part could be done during the TF calls
... e.g., TD

mccool: ok

TPAC logistics

mccool: 2 registrations
... please get registered asap

TPAC registration: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2017/

Plugfest registration: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTPlugFest201711/

mccool: monday, kind of open day
... meetings with related groups
... listed on the wiki
... plugfest preparation
... weekly call 1 hour before this main call
... btw, is there any information on the possible dinner?

kaz: 2 possibilities
... plugfest dinner or tpac dinner


kaz: meetup on Mon, AC dinner on Tue, reception on Wed

mccool: anybody going to the meetup?


kaz: possible light reception

mccool: maybe we can have a doodle poll?

kaz: ok
... also please get registered with TPAC and PlugFest asap

mccool: plugfest logistics?

taki: booked a room at Fujitsu facility
... will ask the security people to accept you in the morning
... note I'll have the EXI meeting in the evening on Sunday
... so some people would have difficulty with dinner on Sunday



TF reports


sebastian: last week we had brainstorming on major changes for TD
... going to apply in the plugfest
... went through to see what would be reasonable
... 2 problems need clarifications this week
... to be applied to TPAC
... will continue the discussion this Friday


zoltan: mainly discussed Dave's proposal
... relevant to this main call as well
... creating remote Things

mccool: create issues (one for Scripting API and another for Security) on GitHub?

zoltan: this is a big topic recently introduced by Dave
... would invite you all for comments
... McCool, you also can put the issue for the security side
... Dave, maybe you can give some comments?

<kaz> https://github.com/w3c/wot-scripting-api/issues/64 Issue on Scripting API

<dsr> https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/352 Issue on Security

zoltan: files as an issue for wot
... should be moved to wot-security
... btw, wot-security should be linked from the wotwg repo as well

mccool: will add that

zoltan: and then move wot/issues/352 to wot-security

mccool: just added the link to wot-security on wotwg/REAME.md

dsr: will move the issue to wot-security


koster: payload structure instead of having separate templates for the whole JSON things
... I need to generate a new section for the document
... quite a bit of discussions during the last 2 calls
... ongoing discussion
... got some good ideas
... go forward with the protocols
... including websocket proposal by Mozilla
... also how to handle Eventing
... can listen on websocket but how to handle Events
... also need to create subscription
... high level interaction
... right now just subscribed and get events
... also push pattern
... how Events go out
... and what protocol binding looks like at proxy
... automatically subscribed to some Thing
... need to figure out the schedule


mccool: Elena was not available
... so cleaned up the existing issues
... e.g., the threat model

<McCool> https://rawgit.com/w3c/wot-security/working/index.html

mccool: rendered version above
... lot of Editors notes to fill in missing pieces
... entire threat model has been included here
... also some scenario
... still missing industry scenario, etc.
... also still working with the working branch
... Elena working on use cases
... cleaned up references
... please file issues if any problems
... all the stuff of the threat model has definition


mccool: anything?

kaz: please get registered asap!
... the deadline for early registration is Oct 6

Editor's training on the Repository Manager

<Zakim> dape, you wanted to editor traning now

Kaz's slides on Repository Manager

kaz: (goes through the slides)

sebastian: how does that work?

kaz: Kaz gives some more explanation and mentions Team Contact will help you all :)

mccool: what about wot-security?

kaz: wot-security is WG note, so we don't need this


<dsr> Just to say that I have been invited to give a presentation on behalf of W3C to a European Commission workshop on October 17, see https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/events/cf/workshop-on-ict-standardisation-in-support-of-digitising-and-transforming-european-industry/register.cfm

mccool: when?

dsr: oct. 17

mccool: Yongjing also will give some talk at ETSI Workshop
... we could share information
... can review your slides as well

dsr: not too much technical

mccool: we need to work together

kaz: there was a specific area for presentation

mccool: we should collaborate to generate some standard slides
... maybe we can check with Yongjing as well

dsr: Yongjing will be back next week
... can talk with you, Michael McCool, this week

Banner poster for PlugFest

sebastian: role-up poster on WoT core ideas?
... for Wednesday demo during TPAC?

mccool: let's discuss it next week

kaz: meaning the banner posters?

sebastian: yes

mccool: will add that to the next agenda

sebastian: we can find the previous one as the starting point

dape: yes

<dape> see https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2016-lisbon

mccool: added that to the agenda for Oct 11


Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.147 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/10/06 05:21:32 $