Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

21 Sep 2017

See also: IRC log


Joshue108, Pietro, Melanie_Philipp, steverep, Detlev, Roy, Brooks, jasonjgw, KimD, MikeGower, chriscm, Kim, kirkwood
AlastairC, JF, LauraC, KathyW, GregLowney, MikePluke, GlendaSims
Alex, Detlev


<steverep> WebEx password is not working for me

<Joshue108> Resolving comments: https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/labels/AGWG%20Work%20item

<Joshue108> Scribenick: Alex

<Alex_> scribe:Alex

<Alex_> Zakim:, take up item 1

Understanding document tracking sheet and signups: https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL

<Alex_> Josh: Brooks signed up for scribe

<KimD> *finally got into IRC!

<KimD> *First week of Oct is out for me

<Alex_> Josh: signing people up for scribe list

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Accepted_WCAG_2.1_SC

<Alex_> josh: Andrew put together a table of accepted SC

<Alex_> josh: please look at it

<Alex_> michael: we need people to do understanding docs

<Alex_> josh: any volunteer for understanding docs?

<Alex_> jason: how do you want to accept comments?

<Alex_> michael: let's do that in the next agenda item

<Alex_> josh: do you want to work on understanding docs?

<Alex_> joason: willing to review

<Detlev> I have signed up for Guideline 2.5 Pointer Accessible

<Alex_> josh: mike gower isgned up for interruptions

<gowerm> 2.2.7

<Alex_> josh: signing jake up for purpose of control

<Joshue108> Scribenick: Joshue108

<Alex_> josh: Alex signed up for timeout

<Alex_> @alexswli

Chris would you be up for Contextual Information?

<Alex_> detlev: perhaps people not on the call can sign up for the rest

Resolving comments: https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/labels/AGWG%20Work%20item

<Alex_> josh: give a heads up about comment processing process

<Alex_> josh: assign a ready to close label

<Alex_> josh: give people a chance to see if the comment is ready to close

<Alex_> josh: are we ok without cfc?

<Alex_> josh: will send an email

<gowerm> I think a Ready to Close label makes sense

Yes, Steve, I've created a 'Changes needed' label.

Will ping the list with an overview.

<Alex_> michael: best to split comments out

<Alex_> michael: best to split commnets out

<Alex_> michael: advise to keep issues focus on specific topic

<Alex_> michael: create new issue as needed

<Alex_> josh: need another label for "change is needed"

<chriscm> Sorry all, got distracted on a phone call. Was there an ask sent my way???


<Alex_> josh: explained previous agenda item

<Alex_> chris: will look to see if he can take up an understanding doc


<Alex_> josh: people seem to be ok with process as described

<chriscm> I will take the Contextual Information Understanding Document action item.

<chriscm> chriscm2006

<Alex_> josh: please let us know if anybody want to take comments

<Alex_> chris: sign me up for purpose of control

<Alex_> steve: does it matter if a wg member to handle his/her own comments

<Alex_> Michael: if change results in sc change, it has to go through the wg. But member can handle his/her own comments

<Alex_> josh: who is taking up easily available definition?

<Alex_> detlev: can see how current definition will stick

<Alex_> detlev: can't see how current definition will stick

<Alex_> detlev: will take up the definition

<Alex_> michael: will take 3.4.7

<Alex_> josh: detlev can you tak machanism is easily available?

<Alex_> josh: confirm detlev will take this up

<Alex_> steve: will take up "essential"

<Alex_> Michael: will join steve

<Alex_> steve: will have accessible name

<Alex_> Michael: will need to change design later anyway

<Alex_> josh: helps to have a better look

<Alex_> josh: who is going to take up "metadata needs to be consistent"

<Alex_> david: will take that

<Alex_> josh: signing up katie too

<gowerm> mbgower

<Alex_> mike gower: will take up "Definition of abbreviation"

<Detlev> scribe: Detlev

<steverep> Need to duck out as well

Josh: Issue 310 filed by David

David: I can take it

<Joshue108> trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/09/21 16:34:10 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/slit/split/
Default Present: Joshue108, Pietro, Melanie_Philipp, steverep, Detlev, Roy, Brooks, jasonjgw, KimD, MikeGower, chriscm, Kim, kirkwood
Present: Joshue108 Pietro Melanie_Philipp steverep Detlev Roy Brooks jasonjgw KimD MikeGower chriscm Kim kirkwood
Regrets: AlastairC JF LauraC KathyW GregLowney MikePluke GlendaSims
Found ScribeNick: Alex
Found Scribe: Alex
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching ScribeNick pattern: <Alex> ...
Found ScribeNick: Joshue108
Found Scribe: Detlev
Inferring ScribeNick: Detlev
Scribes: Alex, Detlev
ScribeNicks: Alex, Joshue108, Detlev
Found Date: 21 Sep 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/09/21-ag-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]