17 Aug 2017

See also: IRC log


JohnRochford, lisa, silver, neilmilliken, Jan, Pietro, janina, kirkwood, AndyHeath


<lisa> https://docs.google.com/document/d/13hmoaVU563kTio1EZD5mbNxcc0k924qVdZZwWckcbu0/edit?usp=sharing

Voting and calls for CFC's - The last week for SC into WCAG 2.1

<lisa> scribe: silver

1 week left to get a draft into WCAG. First step is to vote on the survey on things that are likely to get in

<lisa> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/Final_prelockdown_set/

<lisa> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/extra_sc/

Step 2- they get discussed in the WCAG calls so voting now is very important. if anyone needs help with the voting process please let Lisa know so that she can help.

WCAG calls are every T/TR. If it gets through, it goes to call for consensus.

<lisa> https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/text-equiv-all.html

hit reply all and +1 to vote, when it is thru into the draft then we will write the understanding section, sell link above.

<lisa> Timeouts (AAA) 14 (Going to CFC)

<lisa> * Personalization (AA) and (AAA) 6 (going to CFC and already passed CFC, respectively)

<lisa> ​

<lisa> The parenthetical that follows each is the “ready to go”/might approve with minor changes or a note/not ready ratio from surveys:

<lisa> * Pointer Inputs​ (A) 61 (10/2/1)

<lisa> * Metadata (in optional conformance section) (10/0/2)

<lisa> * Animation (AAA) 18 (4/3/0)

<lisa> * Undo (A) 38 (9/9/2)

<lisa> * Plain Language (AAA) 30 (7/7/3)

<lisa> * Linearization (9/3/1)

<lisa> * Pointer inputs with additional sensors (8/2/1)

<lisa> * Device sensors (6/0/1)

<lisa> currant stuitis

John asked if we will need to vote again and yes, we will have to vote once they go back.

there were strong concerns on the personalization one; nothing will go in after the 22nd

<lisa> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/extra_sc/

Even if it is in the draft it does not mean it will get in the final version. for example, personalization there are concerns that can be addressed after the 22nd.

John asked about successful authentication - Lisa responded that it is in and we are talking about what we can get in

SC can be removed once there is public comment

wording for understanding sections

<lisa> https://docs.google.com/document/d/13hmoaVU563kTio1EZD5mbNxcc0k924qVdZZwWckcbu0/edit?usp=sharing

link to google doc is above

we need everyone to review these as we create them

were to put our other advice. Issue papers or a section in the road map?

<neilmilliken> OK I have voted on both surveys

<lisa> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit#heading=h.g8tca049lx3d

Lisa presented some ideas for getting other info out there - issue papers or it could be a section in the road map. Lisa created a google doc (link above), and we could put a section of what our recommendations are such as user testing, etc..

<lisa> https://w3c.github.io/coga/gap-analysis/#introduction

<lisa> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html

John - i've been looking at the authentic sc and i can not tell if edits are being recorded anywhere

lisa confirmed that the edits are being made; John K suggested being in suggestion mode rather than editing mode

<lisa> https://w3c.github.io/coga/extension/

start thinking about how to structure this document - be prepared to make suggstions on next week's call


lisa assigned an action item to andy, neil and shari -

action item is to think about the structure of the document

<trackbot> Error finding 'item'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.

<lisa> zakim ACTION: neil, shari , andy think about structure of

<lisa> ACTION: Neil Milliken, shari , andy think about structure of [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/08/17-coga-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-227 - Milliken, shari , andy think about structure of [on Neil Milliken - due 2017-08-24].

<JohnRochford> I now have to join the low-vision task force conference call. Ciao everyone.

<Jan> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit#heading=h.g8tca049lx3d

<lisa> https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues

<lisa> https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/labels/COGA

Jan - suggested that we ask LDA to partner with us

andy asked if the gap analysis doc was in a version other than html

it is not

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Neil Milliken, shari , andy think about structure of [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/08/17-coga-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/08/17 16:04:10 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: JohnRochford lisa silver neilmilliken Jan Pietro janina kirkwood AndyHeath
Found Scribe: silver
Inferring ScribeNick: silver

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 17 Aug 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/08/17-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: neil

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]