IRC log of coga on 2017-08-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:30:00 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
13:30:00 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2017/08/17-coga-irc
13:31:17 [lisa]
agenda+ Voting and calls for CFC's - The last week for SC into WCAG 2.1
13:31:20 [lisa]
agenda+ wording for understanding sections
13:31:20 [lisa]
agenda+ were to put our other advice. Issue papers or a section in the road map?
13:31:21 [lisa]
agenda+ TPAC?
13:31:44 [lisa]
agenda+ personlizations... urgent actions
13:33:09 [lisa]
agenda+ timescales/schedules for extra matirials
13:37:58 [lisa]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13hmoaVU563kTio1EZD5mbNxcc0k924qVdZZwWckcbu0/edit?usp=sharing
13:55:04 [JohnRochford]
JohnRochford has joined #coga
14:06:45 [JohnRochford]
present+ JohnRochford
14:06:57 [silver]
silver has joined #coga
14:07:02 [lisa]
zakim, next item
14:07:02 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Voting and calls for CFC's - The last week for SC into WCAG 2.1" taken up [from lisa]
14:07:12 [lisa]
agenda?
14:08:08 [neilmilliken]
neilmilliken has joined #COGA
14:08:50 [lisa]
scribe: silver
14:08:56 [Jan]
Jan has joined #coga
14:09:11 [lisa]
present+
14:09:22 [silver]
present+
14:09:46 [neilmilliken]
present+
14:09:56 [Jan]
present+ Jan
14:10:58 [silver]
1 week left to get a draft into WCAG. First step is to vote on the survey on things that are likely to get in
14:11:19 [lisa]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/Final_prelockdown_set/
14:11:21 [lisa]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/extra_sc/
14:12:14 [EA]
EA has joined #coga
14:12:50 [silver]
Step 2- they get discussed in the WCAG calls so voting now is very important. if anyone needs help with the voting process please let Lisa know so that she can help.
14:13:45 [silver]
WCAG calls are every T/TR. If it gets through, it goes to call for consensus.
14:14:51 [lisa]
https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/text-equiv-all.html
14:14:57 [silver]
hit reply all and +1 to vote, when it is thru into the draft then we will write the understanding section, sell link above.
14:16:17 [Andy_Heath]
Andy_Heath has joined #coga
14:16:24 [lisa]
Timeouts (AAA) 14 (Going to CFC)
14:16:26 [lisa]
* Personalization (AA) and (AAA) 6 (going to CFC and already passed CFC, respectively)
14:16:27 [lisa]
14:16:29 [lisa]
The parenthetical that follows each is the “ready to go”/might approve with minor changes or a note/not ready ratio from surveys:
14:16:31 [lisa]
* Pointer Inputs​ (A) 61 (10/2/1)
14:16:34 [lisa]
* Metadata (in optional conformance section) (10/0/2)
14:16:34 [lisa]
* Animation (AAA) 18 (4/3/0)
14:16:35 [lisa]
* Undo (A) 38 (9/9/2)
14:16:37 [lisa]
* Plain Language (AAA) 30 (7/7/3)
14:16:38 [lisa]
* Linearization (9/3/1)
14:16:40 [lisa]
* Pointer inputs with additional sensors (8/2/1)
14:16:41 [lisa]
* Device sensors (6/0/1)
14:16:44 [lisa]
currant stuitis
14:17:13 [JohnRochford]
q+
14:18:08 [silver]
John asked if we will need to vote again and yes, we will have to vote once they go back.
14:18:16 [JohnRochford]
q-
14:18:45 [JohnRochford]
q+
14:18:47 [silver]
there were strong concerns on the personalization one; nothing will go in after the 22nd
14:19:08 [lisa]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/extra_sc/
14:20:50 [silver]
Even if it is in the draft it does not mean it will get in the final version. for example, personalization there are concerns that can be addressed after the 22nd.
14:20:54 [lisa]
ack j
14:21:44 [silver]
John asked about successful authentication - Lisa responded that it is in and we are talking about what we can get in
14:21:57 [Pietro]
Pietro has joined #coga
14:22:37 [silver]
SC can be removed once there is public comment
14:23:07 [JohnRochford]
q-
14:23:15 [lisa]
zakim, next item
14:23:15 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "wording for understanding sections" taken up [from lisa]
14:23:23 [lisa]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13hmoaVU563kTio1EZD5mbNxcc0k924qVdZZwWckcbu0/edit?usp=sharing
14:24:31 [Pietro]
Present+
14:24:40 [silver]
link to google doc is above
14:25:22 [silver]
we need everyone to review these as we create them
14:25:35 [andy]
andy has joined #coga
14:28:06 [lisa]
zakim, next item
14:28:06 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "were to put our other advice. Issue papers or a section in the road map?" taken up [from lisa]
14:29:22 [neilmilliken]
OK I have voted on both surveys
14:29:43 [andy]
andy has joined #coga
14:30:52 [lisa]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit#heading=h.g8tca049lx3d
14:31:34 [andy]
andy has left #coga
14:31:52 [silver]
Lisa presented some ideas for getting other info out there - issue papers or it could be a section in the road map. Lisa created a google doc (link above), and we could put a section of what our recommendations are such as user testing, etc..
14:33:36 [lisa]
https://w3c.github.io/coga/gap-analysis/#introduction
14:33:42 [janina]
present+
14:33:52 [kirkwood]
present+
14:33:59 [andyheath]
andyheath has joined #coga
14:34:15 [lisa]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html
14:36:33 [JohnRochford]
q+
14:43:16 [lisa]
ack j
14:44:25 [silver]
John - i've been looking at the authentic sc and i can not tell if edits are being recorded anywhere
14:45:51 [silver]
lisa confirmed that the edits are being made; John K suggested being in suggestion mode rather than editing mode
14:46:43 [lisa]
q?
14:46:57 [AndyHeath]
present+
14:48:44 [lisa]
https://w3c.github.io/coga/extension/
14:50:06 [silver]
start thinking about how to structure this document - be prepared to make suggstions on next week's call
14:50:24 [lisa]
zakim, next item
14:50:24 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "TPAC?" taken up [from lisa]
14:51:36 [silver]
lisa assigned an action item to andy, neil and shari -
14:52:49 [silver]
action item is to think about the structure of the document
14:52:49 [trackbot]
Error finding 'item'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.
14:53:25 [lisa]
zakim action: neil, shari , andy think about structure of
14:53:58 [lisa]
action: Neil Milliken, shari , andy think about structure of
14:53:59 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-227 - Milliken, shari , andy think about structure of [on Neil Milliken - due 2017-08-24].
14:55:13 [JohnRochford]
I now have to join the low-vision task force conference call. Ciao everyone.
14:55:46 [lisa]
agenda +
14:55:54 [lisa]
agenda?
14:56:22 [Jan]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WcfVALVq8PS9CLXUuAfV9Op0wXvI2yJYedj5jO23GTk/edit#heading=h.g8tca049lx3d
14:56:39 [lisa]
https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues
14:57:01 [lisa]
https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/labels/COGA
14:58:37 [silver]
Jan - suggested that we ask LDA to partner with us
14:59:20 [silver]
andy asked if the gap analysis doc was in a version other than html
14:59:39 [silver]
it is not
14:59:59 [alastairc]
alastairc has joined #coga
16:01:40 [lisa]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:04:05 [lisa]
rrsagent, create minutes
16:04:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2017/08/17-coga-minutes.html lisa
16:04:38 [lisa]
zakim, please part
16:04:38 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been JohnRochford, lisa, silver, neilmilliken, Jan, Pietro, janina, kirkwood, AndyHeath
16:04:38 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
16:05:06 [lisa]
rrsagent, please part
16:05:06 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2017/08/17-coga-actions.rdf :
16:05:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Neil Milliken, shari , andy think about structure of [1]
16:05:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/08/17-coga-irc#T14-53-58