02 Aug 2017


See also: IRC log


Michael_McCool, Niklas_Widell, Kaz_Ashimura, Dave_Raggett, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster, Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Uday_Davuluru, Daniel_Peintner, Darko_Anicic, Kazuo_Kajimoto, Matthias_Kovatsch, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Masato_Ohura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Keiichi_Tokuyama, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Kazuaki_Nimura, Achille_Zappa
Matthias, McCool, Kajimoto


<kaz> scribenick: dape

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#2_Aug_2017

Quick Updates & Agenda bashing

Matthias: any quick updates?



McCool: logistical problem... big concert

<kaz> TPAC page

McCool: hotels are very expensive (600USD)
... propose to make reservation soon
... need to figure out where the PlugFest gonna be
... PlugFest weekend before.. not sure where yet
... 2 day PlugFest

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_4-10_November_2017,_Burlingame,_CA,_USA

McCool: suggest staying down town.. and taking train..
... deadline for TPAC is October 6
... w.r.t. work with Amazon... still need to sort that out

<kaz> TPAC registration

McCool: if anyone (local organizer) can help ... any help is appreciated

Matthias: Koster, you could help out.. since your are local?

Koster: Yes... I am local

Matthias: not sure about down town... given that event is there

McCool: Koster, maybe you can make some proposals where to meet
... a possibility could be hotels nearby... but we do not have sponsor for the PlugFest
... Holiday Inn e.g., seems acceptable
... Amazon offering for free would be even better

Koster: Can make phone call (conference room for 20 people etc)

McCool: Web of Things has meetings on Monday/Tuesday
... Wednesday is plennary session and our demo

<kaz> TPAC schedule

McCool: Thursdays there are security meetings (3 different groups)
... I plan to stay on Thursday.. not on Friday

Matthias: We are also try to plan the trip as soon as possible

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_4-10_November_2017,_Burlingame,_CA,_USA

Matthias: I created wiki page
... any other questions?

Kaz: wanted to confirm that we would like to have demo session
... people need to bring devices to the meeting hotel

Matthias: Do we have got a confirmation for demo session

Kaz: not yet, ... will talk to meeting planner team including the need for preparation in Tuesday evening

Kaz: 2nd point. there are several cheep hotels nearby, e.g., Vagabond Inn, Red Roof Inn and La Quinta Inn & Suites

McCool: also those were quite expensive

Kaz: got good results from booking.com, so please try that kind of travel sites

Matthias: Just had editors call
... some discussion on content
... anything to share in the "big" round?
... No updates to share at the moment..
... WoT architecture document close to publication https://w3c.github.io/wot-architecture/

<mkovatsc> WG doc: https://w3c.github.io/wot-architecture/

<mkovatsc> IG doc: https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture

Matthias: please send in also minor issues
... be aware of "pre" drafts

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/

Matthias: will try to fix that

McCool: wiki page with link to the main documents?
... similarly with TD content in 2 places

SK: we will move over the content .. will inform the group once the version is ready for review

Draft Web page make-over

Matthias: can show some updates

<MK shows web UI draft>

scribe: I added community group (3 column design)
... CG, IG and WG on first row
... second row GettingStarted, Developer and Member(wiki)
... clean-up of wiki needs to follow

<Matthias shows details about IG group>

Matthias: renaming initial documents e.g, for Architecture ?

McCool: maybe add IG up-front
... comment. under member 2 things
... 1 information for members
... 2 how to become a member

Matthias: "member" of "what"... IG, /WG, CG , W3C etc cetera

McCool: I see, .. member only information

<discussions about wiki and reference material>

McCool: Wonder whether we need the "Members" page

Matthias: could rename it...

McCool: maybe name it "meetings"

Matthias: DP also reached out to original template designer
... HTML content and JS

Daniel: wonder whether we need permission

Kaz: will check with Francois
... btw, W3C team uses the term "Member" for W3C members
... so maybe we might want to rename "Members" here to "group participants"

<kaz> Participants = those who participate in the groups

<kaz> Members = W3C Members

<McCool> Participation

<McCool> {Calls and Meetings,Members} -> Participation

Kajimoto: about terminology - please provide advice/examples

Matthias: We still need to show that to the communication team
... maybe they can check terminology

Daniel: which team is that?

Matthias: Naomi and others
... marketing and communication team
... will check with here

Kaz: can make configuration on W3C server to link to this documents on github like the current WG page

<kaz> WoT WG page

Kaz: like W3C techical report page, would be better to mark obsolete documents by "obsolete" or "retired"

<kaz> https://www.w3.org/TR/#w3c_all

<Matthias shows https://w3c.github.io/media-web-roadmap/>

Kaz: template not yet standardized

Dave: we can still improve the default W3C template

Matthias: we might want to reference the implementations once we have more than 1

McCool: need to publicly available implementations

Matthias: 2, one of those must be publicly available

<discussions about how to link implementations>

Matthias: Kajimoto, how would you feel your company/implementation named on such a page

Kajimoto: acceptable by us

Dave: on the front page... there is getting started..
... i think we might need a link to a blog

Matthias: in the CG there is a blog/report system... maybe we can re-use that system

Dave: could check with the communication team

Matthias: Try to reduce the number of look and feel

Dave: correct, can try to look whether we can integrate the blog in the same look&feel

Matthias: Agree that having blog is good..just need to ensure that it is up-to-date

Dave: that is our due
... i can try to organize/help with that

Matthias: will check with communication team

Niklas: I prefer having spec material on the top of the page

Matthias: OK

Niklas: or shorten the table to see the material immediately

Matthias: Can play around with the design

Niklas: external people are most likely technical people looking for the specs first
... do you explain the difference of the various groups?

Matthias: In the beginning there is a short information... clicking on a group you get more detailed information
... Still need to define the role of the CG?

Koster: Have charter for iotschema... need to work on CG

Matthias: just some lines for the purpose of the group would be fine for now

<kaz> WoT CG Charter page

Kaz: CG has charter document page... we can update the page as well

Matthias: Quick start say "no charter required"

Kaz: Correct.. but CG can have charter

Koster: iotschema definition and other tasks belong there

Kajimoto: Question: we have top WoT page... who creates links to the page

<kaz> https://www.w3.org/WoT/ WoT Top Landing page

Matthias: We will replace old content with new page

Daniel: wonder about order of groups.. WG first?

<kaz> +1

Matthias: No strong opinion either

<kaz> "W3C Recommendations" instead of "deliverables"

>fine tuning of header texts<

Matthias: will put it online on github branch
... will contact Naomi also
... will wait for answers.. also from Francois

[ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/08/02 15:52:07 $