Linked Data and Semantic Processing Task Force

28 Apr 2017

See also: IRC log


Dave_Raggett, Achille, Zappa


<DarkoAnicic> scribe: victor

two topics: 1. charter, 2. break-outs in Osaka

Charter review

Dave: Yongjing asked to change the time of LD WebConfs (which would be easier for Asians to join)

<DarkoAnicic> https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/TF-LD_charter.md

Darko: 2 PR on Github. Both merged

changes made in Scope section

TD Recipes (Darko) and other changes from Maria and Danh

Thing Description Recipes section: TD Recipes are not only TD modularization but also the spec of links between Things

see "Creating compositions of resources from...on reusable syntactic and semantic modules"

Dave: from multiple "devices" or multiple Things?

Michael: agree. More general concept

<achille_z> explicitly saying "devices" could sound more specific than general..

Darko: true. We can change that.

Semantic Processing for Web of Things: separation between inference and validation

also added "identify and evaluate applicability of ..."

Danh: fine.

Maria: fine.

Darko: something to add wrt semantic processing?
... (none)

Semantic/Linked Data Tool chains for WoT section: added "Propose...processing features."

as Danh requested.

Danh: fine.

Break-out in Osaka

Darko: what topics should we discuss?

should we organize the break-out acording to the charter? For each section, one person can prepare a presentation.

<achille_z> ..unfortunately, sadly I won't be able to attend the F2F meeting in Osaka in person too

many won't attend physically.

Dave: shoulde use IRC for questions/minutes. Attention: time of the meeting

Darko: see also who will attend (phyically or not).

Danh: I'll invite the chair of the SDW group

Dave: could set up an Etherpad, hosted by W3C, for collaboration

Or should work on Github.

Darko: I'll ask Kaz to set this up

Make sense to have it before the F2F?

Danh: prepare a few slides only.

Darko: those slides could be the starting point of a working document (W3C note), one per section in the charter

Danh: single note document? To discuss at the F2F

single document as an entry point. Then pointers to the various contributions

Dave: provide a skeleton for this note doc for the F2F?

(asking Darko)

Darko: sure.

Danh: I'll help.

Darko: next WebConf only a few days before the F2F.

It should be ready sooner. E.g. next week.

To be presented to the next general WebConf (next Wednesday)


Darko: other questions?

Maria: time of the break-out?

Darko: not fixed yet. I'll tell as soon as I know.

Wil probably be decided next Wednesday

<DanhLePhuoc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf

<DarkoAnicic> General WoT web meeting: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf

Darko: about the time of this WebConf, what time would suit better?

Dave: the time is not a problem, rather the date (end of the week)

Michael: other days would be fine for me. We could have it a little earlier as well.

Darko: any other question?

Dave: e-mail exchanges about the relation between JSON (Schema?)/ontologies. Maybe more a TD-TF topic but we could discuss that in Osaka.

Michael: topic at the intersection between TD/LD is alos the manipulation of links in TDs

Darko: end of the meeting. Bon wekend.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/04/28 15:00:45 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/scribe victor/scribe: victor/
Succeeded: s/TD Recipes are/Thing Description Recipes section: TD Recipes are/
Succeeded: s/SSN group/SDW group/
Succeeded: s/probably decided/probably be decided/
Succeeded: s/We could also have/We could have/
Present: Dave_Raggett Achille Zappa
Found Scribe: victor
Inferring ScribeNick: victor
Got date from IRC log name: 28 Apr 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/04/28-wot-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]