Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

05 Apr 2017


See also: IRC log


MichielBijl, jasonjgw, MichaelC, Michiel, Gottfried, Léonie
Joanie, Janina
MichielBijl, MichaelC


preview agenda with items from two minutes

<MichaelC> lw: update of HTML 5.2 coming tomorrow

<MichaelC> will sent to APA

<MichaelC> there are things to interest us

<MichaelC> plan to go to CR in June

<MichaelC> HTML-AAM on same timeline

<MichaelC> if can resolve dependency on CORE-AAM

APA Task Forces: RQTF, Dr. Jason White

<MichaelC> jw: RQTF operating since 2016

<MichaelC> taking over work on CAPTCHA

<MichaelC> which is an APA deliverable

<MichaelC> preparing a report in the upcoming weeks

<MichaelC> which will conclude that topic

<MichaelC> then moving on to authentication

<MichaelC> relates to WebAuthn and AG WGs

<MichaelC> anticipating research questions related to personalization

<MichaelC> starting to see other research questions as well

<MichaelC> beyond this, want to start asking questions re spec reviews

<MichaelC> know Janina has been considering API a11y issues

<MichaelC> so, thoughts on current and new research topics?

<MichaelC> mc: personalization semantics is part of ARIA

<MichaelC> AG WG has potential SC but they may need to be recast

<MichaelC> jw: AG work also impacts authentication

<MichaelC> mc: what is next step on CAPTCHA?

<MichaelC> jw: APA should review the report and plan how it wants to update the CAPTCHA doc

<MichaelC> likely there will be some interaction between RQTF and whoever takes that up

<Zakim> MichaelC, you wanted to clarify personalization and to ask next steps on CAPTCHA and to mention https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:RQTF

<MichaelC> mc: APA specs that might need RQTF attention https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:RQTF

<MichaelC> jw: how should we use this?

<MichaelC> mc: let´s ask Janina, maybe spoon-feed issues, maybe RQTF takes up what it seems interesting

<MichaelC> jf: who updates CAPTCHA doc?

<MichaelC> not RQTF?

<MichaelC> jw: right, it´s out of scope for RQTF

<MichaelC> mc: it´s APA, though RQTF is also APA

<MichaelC> it´s Note track but we´d publish review drafts

<MichaelC> jf: tentative hand up for being involved, considering other tasks

<MichaelC> jf: what about EME research?

<MichaelC> mc: hasn´t yet been a research priority

<MichaelC> based on initial stuff we did that didn´t suggest major concerns for us

<MichaelC> notwithstanding discussion that continues

<MichaelC> jw: RQTF still has room for more participants

<MichaelC> which would help in some of the research priorities

<MichaelC> jf: how many regular?

<MichaelC> jw: not many, though some because of an influx of regrets

<MichaelC> there are a few W3C wonks and a few external contributor types involved

<MichaelC> jf: maybe I can scare someone up

<MichaelC> jw: with research backgrounds?

<MichaelC> jf: they´re subject matter experts, not researchers; does that matter?

<MichaelC> jw: published research not a requirement, we take a broad view of research experience

Community Groups Review https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

<MichielBijl> scribe: MichielBijl

MC: There’re CG for WebVR

Also a WG being formed I believe

Do think we need to follow this.

Do we want to track WebVR?

Will move it to the track list page.

Think we triaged most of them.

There’s a CG for ePUB 3

There’s a WG being formed for it.

They propose to liase with ARIA

Not necessarily with APA

GZ: It’s probably more than just ARIA that’s involved

Like multimedia embedding

Think we should keep an eye on it

MC: Okay, will put on the list

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8


<trackbot> action-2121 -- Léonie Watson to Review css basic user interface module level 3 (css3 ui) https://www.w3.org/tr/css-ui-3/ -- due 2017-03-22 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2121

LW: Can you give me another week?

<MichaelC> action-2121 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2121 Review css basic user interface module level 3 (css3 ui) https://www.w3.org/tr/css-ui-3/ due date to 2017-04-12.

MC: Sure.


<trackbot> action-2120 -- John Foliot to Review web publications use cases and requirements https://www.w3.org/tr/pwp-ucr/ -- due 2017-03-29 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2120

JF: Still open

MC: That’s all of the pingable actions.

new on TR https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Not_Checked

MC: There’re no new publications that we haven’t discussed already

No other items on the agenda.

<scribe> scribe: MichaelC

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/04/05 16:40:58 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/RQTF?]/RQTF?/
Succeeded: s/There/MC: There/
Found embedded ScribeOptions:  -final


Present: MichielBijl jasonjgw MichaelC Michiel Gottfried Léonie
Regrets: Joanie Janina
Found Scribe: MichielBijl
Inferring ScribeNick: MichielBijl
Found Scribe: MichaelC
Scribes: MichielBijl, MichaelC
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Apr/0000.html
Found Date: 05 Apr 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/04/05-apa-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]