Silver Task Force Teleconference

28 Mar 2017

See also: IRC log


Sarah, jeanne, Shawn, Jemma, Sukil
Jan, Dave, Ruth
Jeanne, SarahHorton


Research project sheet review

Shawn: Let's look at the status of research projects.

<Lauriat> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bsqv595CnSzmUa2Tv53duudNvn_ExTW6xGx-6_ECM7c/edit#gid=55201506

Sarah: Stanley Lam - no new information. He is working on deciding his project.
... he is on track. He has decided on his project and he is deciding on the plan details
... Peter McNally. He is doing surveys. We are talking tomorrow.

Shawn: Which researchers have not yet been added to the project tracker.

Sarah: The researchers in the tracker have decided on their project are in the project tracker. The ones that have not are in the Intentions tab.

Shawn: What about Eleanor Loiacano?

Jemma: She has set up a flier for the students, and she is in the process of recruiting students.

Jeanne: I saw her brochure! I loved it. Please send it to the general Silver list. It might inspire other researchers with ideas for student outreach.

Jemma: Takayuki Watanabe - I need to call him.
... Satil is on the call

Sukil: I can share my experience in mobile accessibility and I try to give Korean opinion to WCAG 2.1.

Jemma: Did David originally contact you?

Sukil: Yes. If you have any special suggestions, please let me know. My experience is mobile app accessibility checking, and also web content accessibility checking. I have worked on the Korean standards.

Jeanne: We would welcome your experience in standards development especially with Korean standards, and mobile and web accessibility checking.

Sukil: I will share the Korean Mobile Accessibility Standards.

Jeanne: We are not working on WCAG 2.1 here, we are working on what will be an equivalent of WCAG 3.0.

Sukil: We have already developed Korean WCAG 2.1 that includes mobile touch sizes, for example.
... the Korean 2.1 is similar to WCAG, but includes small screen size issues. It will be translated to ENglish as soon as possible.

Jemma: Can you share any research behind the Korean Mobile Accessibility Guidelines?

Sukil: I will have to look into what is publicly available.

Jeanne: Jemma has also set up the means for research conclusions to be shared with the Silver project, and still protect copyrighted and private research.

Sarah: I think Jan has taken a lot of researchers to support, and let's discuss on Friday how I can help distribute that support so she doesn't have so many researchers to support.

Community Group onboarding materials

<SarahHorton> Jeanne: Met to review materials that would be helpful to put on Community Group website to help new people join group


<SarahHorton> https://www.w3.org/community/silver/

<SarahHorton> Jeanne: Pages to communicate current activities underway so people can get information they need

Sarah: I think it looks good. And I like the idea.
... I'm not sure what is the question that people would arrive with?
... I would be more inclined to separate it by project so the researchers could use it as a hub for their own activity.

Jemma: I like the idea of the hub. I have to finish my post on Literature Review.
... I shared by interview with Andrew Arch on writing my literature review, and he suggested posting one or two research questions each week.

Sarah: I'll post the first one.
... Does everyone in the Community Group have access to post blogs?

Jeanne: I believe so. The only restriction seems to be in making changes to the home page, and Michael Cooper has access to to that.
... I wanted to ask Ruth if she could manage some of the onboard process, because she has recent experience of being new and discovering what information is essential.

Sarah: Once we have it set up, I think we should post on WebAIM.
... I can talk with Pete tomorrow about posting to the CG page.
... many people are asking if they can talk aobut this work.

Shawn: Who can reach out to Ruth?

<scribe> ACTION: Jeanne to reach to Ruth and ask her to work on Onboarding [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/03/28-silver-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-79 - Reach to ruth and ask her to work on onboarding [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-04-04].

<scribe> scribe: Jeanne, SarahHorton

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to reach to Ruth and ask her to work on Onboarding [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/03/28-silver-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/03/28 15:06:08 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: Sarah jeanne Shawn Jemma Sukil
Regrets: Jan Dave Ruth
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: jeanne
Found Scribe: Jeanne, SarahHorton
Found Date: 28 Mar 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/03/28-silver-minutes.html
People with action items: jeanne

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]