Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

27 Mar 2017

See also: IRC log


Pietro, kirkwood, janina
Mary_Jo, thadd


<Lisa_Seeman> trackbot, start meeting

<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<Lisa_Seeman> issues: https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3ACOGA

next high priority SC's

<AndyHeath> what is the meeting room password for webex please?

<AndyHeath> what is the meeting room password please ?

be done

<Lisa_Seeman> sent to andy

<Pietro> I'm not ready to scribe

actions review SC, and timelines show status table.sc status: https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html,

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: kirkwood

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/March14SCReviews/

<Lisa_Seeman> please fill it in

LS: WCAG survey that is important link above
... review current action items to see where we are

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open

LS: finding out the process from new wording and comments
... where does the new wording go WG that is published and the new wording for the SC goes into the github subdirectory as per instructions
... ther a branshes on the github for each success criteria current working is meant to go there
... don’t make a new pull reuest keep the working and the discussion supposed to be in original issue
... setting it up if we run into problems we can ask Andrew Josh or Michael to assist
... understanding where to stup links, we will press latest wording to edit, that’s where they are meant to be. We need to know where they are sitting in the github
... two questions, where are we menat to put new working
... second questikon how are we supposed to track it
... where do they sit, where do we putit. In the github therre is a bransh for wach separte success criteria which has a subdirectory where latest text is
... getting that setup, there will be a link at the top of the SC

<Lisa_Seeman> https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/2

LS: good news is there is a link to it for example issue 2
... this is an example of what it looks like
... click on first one goes to a lttle file with text of SC. If you look at the URL its in rawgit
... if you press on the SC for editing and can see the text for editing. If you need to change the wording you need to change it in URL
... if you are ready to change the SC and editing the HTML is hard feel free to ask Josh or myself lisa
... you can either view or edit
... that is where the change content will sit
... don’t feel bad about asking for help
... next to address is, what is the process for setting up

<Lisa_Seeman> instuctions to set it up https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/wiki/Tending-to-SC-Proposals

LS: how to set it up instructions

each SC manager should follow these to setup links at top of page. Don’t worry to much

SC: if you are stuck and hard to follow, Josh Andrew and Michael have offered to assist do it for you

LS: you are supposed to know where it is as a SC manager

Mike: I must admeit looking at example and instructions not sure betweeen SC for viewing and SC for editing, unsure what these links are pointing to

LS: sc for viewing is and are that cant edit
... if yo need to edit acess c
... change of content is adefinted term

Mike: confused but now understand
... name of defintion and the SC are the same so it was confusing to me
... so i have it clear the links piint to the revise3d versions

LS: to setup these links if you get stuck ask Andrew Josh or Michael don’t feel bad about it
... error in instructions that should hopefully be fixed
... how are we meant to track the feedback? is the next question
... someon is supposed do go through all the feedback, should crop up as a reference
... open new issues but should be references and the links are making sense

Jan: when somebody makes a comment the issues will be teracked into the comment stream on the SC. But yes I und3erstaned the links

LS: if people have tried if nowhere clse ask, EA has done it


LS: if you get stuck send to Andrew Josh or Michael
... next, how are we tracking comments
... comments in issue makes difficult to manage
... if others are finding cant follow comment stream we should report that
... think people in WCAG just going to put comments in issue itself
... and in the survey itself
... opeple outsede WAG they are also giving feedback and there they are adding addtional issues
... by opening a ne3w issue thay are menat to reference a SC, it will crop up as a reference in the main SC
... you can click on those and you can see the comments. Scroll to the bottom and you go up like four comeents this was referenced from
... those are refenences and they are actually clickable and you can go to place that references it
... where we have feedback do we put it in the main one or in the issue that references it
... hoping Michael could answer that
... does that make sense


Michael: yes

LS: its very time consuming often need extra phone calls and setting up calls. I would like to setup a time for an extra call, a regular time
... maybe Tuesday after WCAG call

<Jan> +1 to extra meeting an hour after the WCAG call

<Lisa_Seeman> 1.30 east cost

fine for me

<Pietro> +1 after WCAG call

LS: it would generally managable not ideal

<Jim_S> I can try but can't guarentee attendance


Michael: half hour break

LS: we could do an hour before

<Jan> +1 to half-hour break between AG meeting and extra COGA call

<Jim_S> +1 to 30 minute break

LS: we’ll set with a time an hour affter WCAG call
... so its a set time don’t need to do doodle for a sub topic, can use for subgroups or other topics

Andy: can’t make that time

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/March14SCReviews/

LS: if there are two people want this that’s going to be extremely negative, even if you want it in with changes, its important to respond to survy


Andy: what wanted to bring to attention was, SE35 which began rather strangely as a WCAG success criteria
... POUR described in terms of user needs, since that time moved from suecial has moved to ISO 35
... i’;m an editor of that standard
... I am in two groups doing very simalar stuff but doing the same thing relatively
... diffenet structures and different political constraings
... given doing same stuff differently braing attention of each groups work to each other
... the system in ISO goes to antional bodies that participate its with them for three months. When I look at the stuff that you are doing. It just hits you in the fgace that ists the same stuff. There should be some mapping between user needs. not propo9sing any big political action.
... any comments in the ISO work would be exteremely useful
... ther are tow ways that this could be done
... you can participate through national bocies in country not sure about US status they used to participate

Any: Janina is the WCAG liason and has acccess the es documents and is part of SC35 but is not anymore a liason


Andy: maybe we can find away , happy to receive UK comments and only can be use
... liason bodies can comment but don’t get a vote

Ancy: we tried to describe each need, it would be incredibly useful to review work

<AndyHeath> 29138-1

<AndyHeath> Information technology — User interface accessibility — Part 1: User accessibility needs

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html

list of user need

Andy: amount of work to tie together would be difficult
... If its user needs, this vote is due by May 21

<AndyHeath> andyheath@axelafa.com

LA: does anyone need a call? sucessful with authentification last week


LS: Tuesday extra call for COGA will be addressing more concerns in wording
... does anyone object to changing in two weeks due to passover?
... I’ll coordinate with Michael and Janina if no striong feelings, speak to next week

<MichaelC> https://rawgit.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/master/semantics.html

<Lisa_Seeman> lost audio

<Lisa_Seeman> trying to rejion

<MichaelC> I can have it call you, #?

<MichaelC> https://rawgit.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/master/semantics.html#prop_def

<MichaelC> https://rawgit.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/master/semantics.html#semantic_prop_taxonomy

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/03/27 17:42:52 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: Pietro kirkwood janina

WARNING: Replacing previous Regrets list. (Old list: Mary, Jo)
Use 'Regrets+ ... ' if you meant to add people without replacing the list,
such as: <dbooth> Regrets+ Mary_Jo, thadd

Regrets: Mary_Jo thadd
Found Scribe: kirkwood
Inferring ScribeNick: kirkwood

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 27 Mar 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/03/27-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]