01 Mar 2017

See also: IRC log


Dave_Raggett, Kaz, Feng_Zhang, Johannes, Toumura, Ohura, Matthias, Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Matsukura, Yamada, Taki, Tony, Yongjing, Yingying_Chen, Achille, Daniel, Nimura, Tokuyama
Matthias, McCool, Yongjing


<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Agenda

<scribe> scribenick: dsr

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#01_Mar_2017

Quick Updates

Kaz summarises the WoT WG editor’s call. The editor’s were assigned in Santa Clara.

We’ve created a separate repository for each deliverable along with a template.

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/

Matthias: we need some work on the dashboard.

<mkovatsc> https://github.com/w3c/wotwg

Dave: the /WoT/ page already links to the /WG/ page.

<inserted> kaz: will add links to the WG deliverable repos to the WG page

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/

Karen and Dave worked on a Media Advisory and plan for a Press Release with testimonials from WG members.

this would be around the time of the FPWD. Dave to circulate the details after talking with Karen.

Matthias: last update from oneM2M

Yongjing: new oneM2M study work item on WoT IG current best practice document.

Huawei, LGE and Hitachi will work on it.

We will have more to discuss at the next F2F

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/2017/02/wot-f2f/slides/2017_F2F-Next.pdf

<kaz> oneM2M liaison on p18

Matthias: in Santa Clara we collected bullet points for the roadmap, we still need a status update on the oneM2M liaison

Yongjing offers to update the slides and send them back to Mathias

Osaka F2F

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201705/

The registration is now open …

<kaz> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan

Kaz: Panasonic have updated the meeting wiki page

Please register as soon as you can

Two social events: visit to demonstration room followed by dinner

Plugfest set up on Monday.

<kaz> F2F agenda

Matthias: this time we want to focus on testing

We expect to also show demos on the open day

<kaz> [current proposal on the wiki]

<kaz> Monday morning: PlugFest preparation

<kaz> Monday afternoon: PlugFest

<kaz> Tuesday: Openday

<kaz> Wednesday/Thursday: Tech discussions

<kaz> Friday: Admin

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_May_2017,_Osaka,_Japan#Input

Matthias encourages us to edit the wiki page to provide our input

Michael asks for some improvements to the registration form.

Kaz: people should use the comment field to indicate which days you’re not attending the whole day.

Invited talks will be on Tuesday as part of the Open Day

Michael: I was thinking of inviting people from Open Fog consortium which is pretty active in Japan

WG status report

Any updates from the WG task forces?

Johannes: Zoltan showed. us a first outline for the scripting deliverable on Monday’s call

<kaz> scripting ed

Matthias asks Taki who can do a first outline of the TD deliverable (Sebastian is busy with a Siemens internal project)

Taki: we are discussing the weekday/time for the TD calls

Taki to contact Sebastian to resolve the call slot.

<kaz> TD ed

Matthias asks Taki to copy content from the Best Practices for an initial draft

<kaz> architecture ed

Matthias: Kajimoto-san has set up the architecture draft

<Zakim> kaz, you wanted to mention the ed repo for architecture draft

Kaz: I copied his draft to the new repository and added Frank as a co-editor

Matthias: I will work on the binding deliverable when I have time and list the liaisons and expectations

<kaz> binding-template ed

Matthias: I saw some progress on the Linked Data TF

Dave: yes and Darko has created a poll for the call which will be every 2 weeks

Likewise for people interested for the synchronisation task ince.

Matthias talks about his plans for testing

Another other input?

Michael: yes, we had a short OCF liaison meeting, and OCF seem happy with our proposal

I will attend the next OCF meeting.

Mathias: the next OCF meeting is next week in Amsterdam followed by the IRTF Thing to Thing Research Group meeting.

Matthias will attend

also University of Bremen and Ericsson …

Yinying: no update from communication task force for this week

Matthias reviews the “stash” of potential items for future IG/WG telecons

Oliver is still busy but looks forward to a future slot on security catch up

Johannes will reach out for a Web Assembly talk, but is not sure it that related to our work

Matthias asks. for a show of interest (no one speaks up)

Dave to cover the survey of IoT platforms in next week’s call. The stash items on RDF model and valdiation to be passed to the Linked Data TF.

Michael: we should seek speakers on security, including on the IIC with their security report.

Dave: I could likewise reach out to the IoT-SF

Michael: would be good to have both talks in same call

Kaz: ditto for expected Invited Experts (and Automotive guys)

[ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/03/01 14:01:27 $