Silver Task Force Teleconference

24 Feb 2017

See also: IRC log


Sarah, jeanne, shawn, Andrew, Jemma, Jan
Shawn, jeanne


<AWK> will be joining in a few

Sarah: I have reached out to all my partners and am in the process of scheduling meetings for next week

Jemma: I have reached out to my partners and one is scheduled for next week. What are we going to say to them? 4

Sarah: I have said that I want to brainstorm with them about topics and the schedule.

Jeanne: I have reached out to one of mine, and will be meeting them at CSUN

<Lauriat> Update from Dave, part 1: all TF contacts should have been copied in on emails sent to their partner researchers

<Lauriat> Update from Dave, part 2: I’ve arranged calls with a couple of my researchers for next week, and will work with them to sketch out a plan of activities aimed at addressing research questions, and a proposed schedule. Then I’ll bring these proposals back to the TF for review. Does that sounds like a good model for each of us to follow?

Shawn: I will be contacting my research partners today.

update on research partner contacts

[previous converation]

check in with research leads

Jemma: I have set the admins for Zotaro
... I have reached out to reseaerchers who are intereseted in literature review and have invited them to Zotaro
... I am waiting for Jeanne to introduce me to Andrew Arch
... I talked with my copyright librarian and she confirmed that we can put "fair use" excerpts in Zotaro, but not full documents unless they are public.

Jeanne: I will email Andrew A right after this call.

Schedule for next week (CSUN)

Shawn: We will meet on Tuesday but not on Friday

check in with research leads

Jemma, would AWK like to be part of the Zotaro editors or Admins?

AWK: I would like to know what is happening about it, but I don't need to be an editor or admin.

update on research partner contacts

comments on Silver presentations for CSUN?

Presentation deck <- https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1YjaxD3qNAUV0dcx485AyEpq5RY_WpXgFk27TozDbPM8/edit#slide=id.p

<Lauriat> Q&A deck: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1OZKp7GDZqLuQz2vEHAvfV14bWeqZQMzmU5SlZ1_NtcM/edit#slide=id.p

[comments and changes to slide decks]

CSUN networking topics

Jeanne: What works for me at CSUN is to have a list ofthings that we are looking for, so that I can enroll them as I am talking to people.

Shawn: Anyone who isn't a stakeholder should sign up as one.
... I also want to get ideas and opinions of people about WCAG.
... this could add to the research questions "we forgot this whole area"
... I think people will have differing opinions "why" and "where" of WCAG.

Jeanne: I think that is really good.
... I also want to enroll more people in the Task Force

Shawn: there is a lot of work needed on 2.1, and I don't want to take people away from that

Jeanne: I don't want to take anyone away from 2.1 work, I want to find people who aren't involved in 2.1 that want to help us with Silver.
... truthfully, I don't want to be doing the detail work on Silver. I want to focus on project management, but I can't because of all the work that needs to be done getting the research going.

Jemma: One of the research partners wants to join the Task Force

Jeanne: Please give him my email and I'll see what I can do
... I will also explore again creating a group for people who want to contribute but not join the task force

<scribe> ACTION: jemma to enter the copyright policy at the top of the wiki page for the literature review. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/02/24-silver-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-67 - Enter the copyright policy at the top of the wiki page for the literature review. [on JaEun Ku - due 2017-03-03].

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: jemma to enter the copyright policy at the top of the wiki page for the literature review. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/02/24-silver-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/02/24 16:03:00 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/zakim close item 2//
Succeeded: s/away form/away from/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: jeanne
Inferring Scribes: jeanne
Present: Sarah jeanne shawn Andrew Jemma Jan
Regrets: David
Found Date: 24 Feb 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/02/24-silver-minutes.html
People with action items: jemma

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]