IRC log of silver on 2017-02-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:32:39 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #silver
14:32:39 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:32:41 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:32:44 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
14:32:44 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
14:32:44 [trackbot]
Meeting: Silver Task Force Teleconference
14:32:44 [trackbot]
Date: 24 February 2017
14:32:46 [Lauriat]
14:32:54 [Lauriat]
Zakim, clear agenda
14:32:54 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
14:33:13 [Lauriat]
agenda+ check in with research leads
14:33:19 [Lauriat]
agenda+ update on research partner contacts
14:33:27 [Lauriat]
agenda+ comments on Silver presentations for CSUN?
14:33:43 [Lauriat]
agenda+ CSUN networking topics
14:33:45 [Lauriat]
agenda+ open action items
14:34:54 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #silver
14:35:34 [AWK]
AWK has joined #silver
14:35:48 [AWK]
will be joining in a few
14:42:11 [SarahHorton]
SarahHorton has joined #silver
14:42:24 [jemma]
jemma has joined #silver
14:45:11 [SarahHorton]
present+ Sarah
14:45:39 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:45:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate jeanne
14:46:10 [jeanne]
Sarah: I have reached out to all my partners and am in the process of scheduling meetings for next week
14:46:57 [jeanne]
Jemma: I have reached out to my partners and one is scheduled for next week. What are we going to say to them? 4
14:47:09 [Jan]
Jan has joined #silver
14:47:36 [jeanne]
Sarah: I have said that I want to brainstorm with them about topics and the schedule.
14:48:00 [jeanne]
Jeanne: I have reached out to one of mine, and will be meeting them at CSUN
14:48:21 [Lauriat]
Update from Dave, part 1: all TF contacts should have been copied in on emails sent to their partner researchers
14:48:37 [Lauriat]
Update from Dave, part 2: I’ve arranged calls with a couple of my researchers for next week, and will work with them to sketch out a plan of activities aimed at addressing research questions, and a proposed schedule. Then I’ll bring these proposals back to the TF for review. Does that sounds like a good model for each of us to follow?
14:49:36 [jeanne]
Shawn: I will be contacting my research partners today.
14:50:02 [jeanne]
14:50:19 [jeanne]
zakim, take up item 2
14:50:19 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "update on research partner contacts" taken up [from Lauriat]
14:50:38 [jeanne]
[previous converation]
14:50:42 [jeanne]
zakim close item 2
14:50:57 [jeanne]
zakim, take up item 1
14:50:57 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "check in with research leads" taken up [from Lauriat]
14:51:16 [jeanne]
Jemma: I have set the admins for Zotaro
14:52:00 [jeanne]
... I have reached out to reseaerchers who are intereseted in literature review and have invited them to Zotaro
14:52:12 [jeanne]
... I am waiting for Jeanne to introduce me to Andrew Arch
14:54:01 [jeanne]
... I talked with my copyright librarian and she confirmed that we can put "fair use" excerpts in Zotaro, but not full documents unless they are public.
14:54:45 [jeanne]
Jeanne: I will email Andrew A right after this call.
14:55:36 [jeanne]
Topic: Schedule for next week (CSUN)
14:55:48 [jeanne]
Shawn: We will meet on Tuesday but not on Friday
14:56:13 [jeanne]
zakim, take up item 1
14:56:13 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "check in with research leads" taken up [from Lauriat]
14:56:31 [jeanne]
Jemma, would AWK like to be part of the Zotaro editors or Admins?
14:57:17 [jeanne]
AWK: I would like to know what is happening about it, but I don't need to be an editor or admin.
14:57:49 [jeanne]
present+ jeanne, shawn, Andrew, Jemma
14:58:07 [jeanne]
zakim, take up next
14:58:07 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "update on research partner contacts" taken up [from Lauriat]
14:58:17 [jeanne]
zakim, close item 2
14:58:17 [Zakim]
agendum 2, update on research partner contacts, closed
14:58:18 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:58:18 [Zakim]
3. comments on Silver presentations for CSUN? [from Lauriat]
14:58:22 [jeanne]
zakim, take up next
14:58:22 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "comments on Silver presentations for CSUN?" taken up [from Lauriat]
14:59:22 [jeanne]
Presentation deck <-
15:33:19 [Lauriat]
Q&A deck:
15:47:07 [jeanne]
[comments and changes to slide decks]
15:47:13 [jeanne]
zakim, take up next
15:47:13 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "CSUN networking topics" taken up [from Lauriat]
15:47:57 [jeanne]
Jeanne: What works for me at CSUN is to have a list ofthings that we are looking for, so that I can enroll them as I am talking to people.
15:48:13 [jeanne]
Shawn: Anyone who isn't a stakeholder should sign up as one.
15:48:31 [jeanne]
... I also want to get ideas and opinions of people about WCAG.
15:48:48 [jeanne]
... this could add to the research questions "we forgot this whole area"
15:49:13 [jeanne]
... I think people will have differing opinions "why" and "where" of WCAG.
15:49:34 [jeanne]
Jeanne: I think that is really good.
15:49:49 [jeanne]
... I also want to enroll more people in the Task Force
15:50:40 [jeanne]
Shawn: there is a lot of work needed on 2.1, and I don't want to take people away form that
15:51:36 [jeanne]
Jeanne: I don't want to take anyone away from 2.1 work, I want to find people who aren't involved in 2.1 that want to help us with Silver.
15:52:52 [jeanne]
... truthfully, I don't want to be doing the detail work on Silver. I want to focus on project management, but I can't because of all the work that needs to be done getting the research going.
15:54:07 [jeanne]
Jemma: One of the research partners wants to join the Task Force
15:54:26 [jeanne]
Jeanne: Please give him my email and I'll see what I can do
15:55:30 [jeanne]
Jeanne: I will also explore again creating a group for people who want to contribute but not join the task force
15:56:06 [jeanne]
action: jemma to enter the copyright policy at the top of the wiki page for the literature review.
15:56:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-67 - Enter the copyright policy at the top of the wiki page for the literature review. [on JaEun Ku - due 2017-03-03].
15:59:46 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:59:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate jeanne
16:00:30 [jeanne]
present+ Jan
16:00:43 [jeanne]
regrets+ David
16:00:56 [jeanne]
chair: Shawn, jeanne
16:01:39 [jeanne]
s/zakim close item 2//
16:01:48 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:01:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate jeanne
16:02:40 [jeanne]
s/away form/away from
16:02:54 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:02:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate jeanne