25 Jan 2017


See also: IRC log


DarkoAnicic, Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Koster, Daniel_Peintner, Darko_Anicic, Dave_Raggett, Johannes_Hund, Kirby_Shabaga, Takuki_Kamiya, Yongjing_Zhang, Masato_Ohura, Matthias_Kovatsch, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Kazuaki_Nimura, Takeshi_Yamada, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Keiichi_Tokuyama
Michael_McCool, Kajimoto
Matthias, Yongjing


<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_25_January_2017

Dusseldolf F2F date

<mkovatsc> Doodle for the F2F in Germany

mkovatsc: Dusseldorf F2F link for doodle poll

Semantic TF proposal

<dsr> Draft charter https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/TF-LD_charter.md

Dave: Semantic TF

Linked Data and Semantic Interoperability

dave: explains the charter
... where should the documents go?

mkovatsc: create a new area in github
... F2F: please register and make invitations to colleagues

<kaz> Santa Clara F2F registration results

Santa Clara F2F

mkovatsc: approximately 30 registered
... looking for more participants from the area
... WG-IG split questions came up
... IG will be the main thread, last day will be for planning the transfer and operational split

<kaz> WG deliverables

mkovatsc: please volunteer for Editors also
... items for breakouts - REST API vs. program API

<kaz> Santa Clara F2F agenda proposal

dave: metadata requirements for different platforms to decouple applications from platforms
... relates to bindings and templates

mkovatsc: linking, for example a collection linking a room to its devices

mkoster: will take that subject of links and collections

<mkovatsc> Breakout Topic proposals

mkovatsc: moderators for topics above look at the link
... moderators contact the people involved to get questions and discussion ahead of time
... topic: plugfest
... table is rough and missing some entries

<mkovatsc> PlugFest Participation

mkovatsc: please complete the table
... plugfest will go Monday through Tuesday morning
... keep the testing methodology to evaluate and record items found

kaz: asked Zoltan to clarify Intel entry

mkovatsc: any more questions?

kaz: where is the link to the table

<mkovatsc> https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2016-beijing

sebastian: the Beijing folder has test cases

mkovatsc: should read and write properties and invoke actions for coverage

<kaz> Test Case Coverage table

sebastian: implementers should discover and interact with things using these test cases, record pass/fail results and note problems

mkovatsc: will need to determine if results may be publicly shared based on participants needs

<kaz> [ PlugFest template link was broken. so I've just fixed it. ]

<inserted> [ also added the GitHub resources from Beijing f2f including the Test Coverage Table as well to the f2f wiki ]

katsu: how can we sunchronize time zones with Osaka?

<kaz> 7-hour difference (or rather 17-hour difference)

<kaz> 9am US Pacific is 2am+1d in Japan

mkovatsc: 7 hours difference (17 hours ahead) will need to choose morning or afternoon, which is better?
... tentatively plan for afternoon

TD update

<kaz> TD minutes

sebastian: Dave gave overview of the work described in the email from last week
... would be interesting to see the use cases
... overview of open issues with TD
... need to get consensus on issues to close

mkovatsc: some question about TD deliverables, there should be one deliverable from TD

Scripting update

<kaz> Scripting call summary

mkovatsc: scripting TF

johannes: sent email with conclusions from the last call
... would like to have a workshop and take a larger chunk of time to go through the current scripting API
... discussing split of work between IG and WG
... discussion of markdown document to collect all of the open questions and consolidate
... current API doesn't allow working with the semantic type, a new parameter was added to handle this
... there is an open PR

mkovatsc: is there consensus to adopt this?

johannes: would like to wait for feedback before adopting

mkovatsc: will merge and add a note

(no objections)

Communications update

mkovatsc: topic communications TF

kaz: no update


mkovatsc: AOB?

sebastian: visa still in progress, may need to participate remotely

mkovatsc: adjourned

[ adjourned ]

<mkovatsc> thanks for scribing, Michael!

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/01/25 16:36:35 $