23 Jan 2017

See also: IRC log


JohnRochford, Lisa_Seeman, Pietro, kirkwood, Jim_S, Janina
EA, Steve, ayelet, Mike_pluke, Thaddeus


<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<JohnRochford> Lisa, I'm on the call, waiting to talk with you.

<JohnRochford> I'm saying "hello" on the call, but nobody is responding.

<Lisa_Seeman> on now

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: Jim_S

action items

Lisa: Due to low numbers, no major decisions will be made

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html

Lisa: We still are short of success criteria managers for all SC classified as "High"
... Neil M offered to do undo and return, Jim_S offered to do SC#26 clear structure and relationships

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html

Lisa: We will address allocation of SC after the call

Pietro is not able to take any SC for the moment

emotional disabilities guidelines

Lisa: Guidlines may be required for the working with the Emotional Disabilities research paper

<Lisa_Seeman> resolution, work idivaly on sections untill the guidlines are in place

<Lisa_Seeman> resolution : Create Guidelines for working with Emotional Disabilities

<Lisa_Seeman> +1


<kirkwood> +1

<Pietro> +1

<Jan> +1 - agree with resolution

<JohnRochford> +1

agreement on our mandate to do what we can for cognitive accessibility

<Jan> p+ Jan

Lisa: two approaches to Acceptance Crieteria management and commenting

1) Adoptable, reasonable standards and 2) Err on the sdie of helping people with disablilities

Michael C: we need to consider the balance between achievability and helping people. We should try and have SC that are easy to conform to but need to meet the needs of users. We should consider if specific supplemental advice for sites tagrget at specific groups would be useful

Not a prioity at the moment

Lisa: Let's not loose wide scope introduced by AAA

Michael C: we may be able to tag SC to bring in AAA where userrs are particularly concerned.

Lisa: We should aim to create an ecosystem that simplfies using semantics
... Adding sematicts is the traditional way of adding accessibility

John Rochford: Planning on letting WCAG know that his two SC are ready for pull-request. What happens next?

Lisa: Put a summary of any comments on the call into GitHub

Michael Cooper: SC usually need work. Sending a message to mailing list and ask for comments, contact people privately who may have and interest are ways to generate interest and comments. Note personal concerns and ask for comments

Michael Cooper: When there is sufficent input, try and gain consensus

Michael Cooper: SC Managers try to reword SC to achieve consensus. Test rewording is a possibility

Michael Cooper: Once consensus from people who have participated in the discussion, the SC should be moved to the workinggroup

Michael Cooper: Pull requests are the step before surveying and consensus. Add feedback from the wider group and resubmitt if required.

Michale Cooper: First working draft should be out in about a month

Lisa: COGA needs to get into the 1st working draft as new implememtations and technology are often required. If implementation requirements are in the 1st working draft they are likely to get adopted. Anything dependant on adoption have to be in the 1st working draft - e.g. personalisation and authentication

Michael Cooper agrees but doesn't feel that 1st working draft is a bar to adoption

<Lisa_Seeman> https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/32

Michael Cooper: Seed-questions can help generate discussion

Lisa Seeman: is available in her morning hours - perferably via Skype

<Jan> I have to drop for another meeting. Thanks, everyone!

Lisa Seeman: Meeting closed :)

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/01/23 18:05:57 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: Jim_S
Inferring ScribeNick: Jim_S
Present: JohnRochford Lisa_Seeman Pietro kirkwood Jim_S Janina
Regrets: EA Steve ayelet Mike_pluke Thaddeus

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 23 Jan 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/01/23-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]