Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

09 Nov 2016

See also: IRC log


Ted, MichielBijl, Janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, MichaelC, Katie_Haritos-Shea
Janina, MichielBijl


<janina> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/users/my

<janina> Michael, should be correct in the agenda, stand by ...

<MichielBijl> Sorry, was being lazy.

<janina> scribe: Janina

preview agenda with items from two minutes

[no news to share]

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8


<trackbot> action-2102 -- Janina Sajka to Review spatial data on the web use cases & requirements https://www.w3.org/tr/sdw-ucr/ -- due 2016-11-09 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2102

<MichaelC> close action-2102

<trackbot> Closed action-2102.

Janina: No issues


<trackbot> action-2099 -- Michael Cooper to Ping review of css table module level 3 -- due 2016-02-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2099

<MichaelC> action-2099 due 2017-02-15

<trackbot> Set action-2099 Ping review of css table module level 3 due date to 2017-02-15.

Michael: Oops, put in the wrong year when we extended this for a ping


<trackbot> action-2096 -- Ted Drake to Check how micropub comments have been disposed -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2096

Ted: Enhanced with new methods for alt text
... New method added in support of alt in micropub

<MichaelC> close action-2096

<trackbot> Closed action-2096.


<trackbot> action-2094 -- Janina Sajka to Review tv control api specification https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/ -- due 2016-11-09 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2094

Janina finding no support for most all of the alternative media specified by the MAUR

janina: We have some work here

<MichaelC> action-2094 due 15 Dec

<trackbot> Set action-2094 Review tv control api specification https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/ due date to 2016-12-15.

<MichaelC> action-2094: Janina to draft comments referencing MAUR.

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2094 Review tv control api specification https://www.w3.org/tr/tvcontrol-api/.

We will need to comment, Janina to draft


<trackbot> action-2091 -- Janina Sajka to Review web animations https://www.w3.org/tr/web-animations-1/ -- due 2016-10-26 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2091

<MichaelC> close action-2091

<trackbot> Closed action-2091.


<trackbot> action-2087 -- Cynthia Shelly to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/input-events/ input events -- due 2016-10-31 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2087

<MichaelC> Rich review: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Nov/0005.html

<MichaelC> action-2086: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Nov/0005.html

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2086 Review https://www.w3.org/tr/input-events/ input events.

<MichaelC> close action-2087

<trackbot> Closed action-2087.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

Canonical EXI

<MichaelC> Canonical EXI

<MichaelC> Content Security Policy Level 2

<Ryladog_> ScribeNick: Ryladog

<Ryladog_> MC: Geolocation API 2nd editions,went straight to Rec

<MichaelC> Geolocation API Specification 2nd Edition

<Ryladog_> MC: Incorporates errata

<Ryladog_> MC: WedIDL thing, I think we dont care

<Ryladog_> JS: I agree

<MichaelC> Resource Timing Level 2

<Ryladog_> MC: We have Resources Timing Level 1 and 2

<Ryladog_> MC: No need to review

APA's Accessibility Checklist

<Ryladog_> JS: If you havent seen this,we have been asked to come up with a version 1 - of am Accessibility Checklist. there is a draft

<Ryladog_> MC: We do not think it is complete, but no one has commentsed. We have promised W3M we would have a version of this by the end of the year

<Ryladog_> JS: Thought on this today?

<Ryladog_> MC: I havent a chnace to write anything up, I look at the I18N and Privacy Cheklists. I have thoughts, it is helpful. I18N has a lot of references

<Ryladog_> MC: Privacy was extremely simptistic

<Ryladog_> JS: I like the idea of having pointers

<MichaelC> http://w3c.github.io/pfwg/wtag/checklist.html

<Ryladog_> JS: We are supposed o be the in depth resources

MAUR Redux--Update, Checklist, TTML Sync, Etc.

<Ryladog_> MC: He sent a followup today

<Ryladog_> JS: Yes I have a response for him, we can point him to the CSS, and that we agreed to do this by media quieries

<Ryladog_> MC: and that is awaiting on the CSS task force to get moving

<Ryladog_> JS: I thpught the timing was excellent they are just finishing 4 and starting on 5

<Ryladog_> MC: There is a wide reveiw notice

<Ryladog_> JS: I want to look at it again

<Ryladog_> MC: You said there are no issues, tell them we looked at it

<Ryladog_> MC: It looks like we do not have to reapond

<Ryladog_> MC: Is that on HTML 5.2?

<Ryladog_> JS: I did not see any reason why we would care

<Ryladog_> JS: There is also ARIA and HTML which I think we referred to the ARIA WG

<Ryladog_> JS: IndexED she is asking a review of

<Ryladog_> MC: IndexDV

<Ryladog_> MC: I saw one in my inbox, said we do not need to review,but could provide a coutesy reply

<Ryladog_> JS: OK

<MichielBijl> scribe: MichielBijl

MB: I’ll take ARIA in HTML

JS: You want an action?

MB: Yeah sure

<MichaelC> ACTION: Michiel to review ARIA in HTML http://www.w3.org/TR/html-aria/ [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/11/09-apa-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2104 - Review aria in html http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/ [on Michiel Bijl - due 2016-11-16].

JS: My main concern is if there’s a difference between ARIA in HTML and the APG

<MichaelC> action-2104?

<trackbot> action-2104 -- Michiel Bijl to Review aria in html http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/ -- due 2016-11-16 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2104

JS: Don’t want conflicting advice in the different documents.

<MichaelC> action-2104: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/ARIA_in_HTML

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2104 Review aria in html http://www.w3.org/tr/html-aria/.

MC: What is the other one?

JS: IndexDB

MC: Don’t know if we’ve looked at it
... We determined on August 24th that we didn’t need to review it

JS: Okay you can tell her that

MC: That is it for spec reviews.

JS: Any other business?

KHS: Do we all have to move to Canada?

link to that map: https://twitter.com/EByard/status/796317753749729280

alt=all except seven states are blue among the 18-25 demographic.

*concerns about ADA and 508 Refresh*

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Michiel to review ARIA in HTML http://www.w3.org/TR/html-aria/ [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/11/09-apa-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/11/09 17:48:31 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/??/KHS/
Found Scribe: Janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching previous ScribeNick pattern: <Ryladog> ...
Found ScribeNick: Ryladog
Found Scribe: MichielBijl
Inferring ScribeNick: MichielBijl
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching previous ScribeNick pattern: <Ryladog> ...
Scribes: Janina, MichielBijl
ScribeNicks: Ryladog, janina, MichielBijl
Present: Ted MichielBijl Janina Joanmarie_Diggs MichaelC Katie_Haritos-Shea

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 09 Nov 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/11/09-apa-minutes.html
People with action items: michiel

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]