14 Sep 2016


See also: IRC log


Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Dave_Raggett, Daniel_Peintner, Takuki_Kamiya, Ari_Keranen, Joerg_Heuer, Matthias_Kovatsch, Yingying_Chen, Johannes_Hund, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Darko_Anicic, Kazuo_Kajimoto, Kazuaki_Nimura, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Masato_Ohura


<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_14_September_2016

WoT WG AC Review status

<kaz> ac review announcement (Member-only)

<kaz> draft WG Charter

<kaz> kaz: AC Review request was sent out to the AC yesterday

Comments or questions on AC Review?

Dave: one rep was missing background material, could make white paper more visible in the introduction?

Kaz: Joerg needs to create one slide for AC outreach
... tuesday agenda is full, but there is an opportunity on Wed AM

one or two slides, summary of the group and description of the demo

<kaz> ACTION: kaz to talk with the meeting planner team and Jeff about the WoT speech (maybe on Wed) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/09/14-wot-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-76 - Talk with the meeting planner team and jeff about the wot speech (maybe on wed) [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2016-09-21].

Dave: Industry of Things World Conference in Berlin, W3C stand, Dave will be there, also a workshop on Monday, panel discussions, 2 page handout and joint white paper

Kaz: can we discuss the joint white paper as a separate agenda item. right? people was wondering about that and that was an agenda item for the previous meeting.

Dave: F2F agenda item to discuss

Joerg: is the white paper part of the IG activity?

Dave: it is a joint activity outside the IG and may be brought back into the IG

Michael: where is the link?

<kaz> joint whote paper on "Semantic Interoperability for the Web of Things"

Kaz: should clarify that this is not work done by the IG

Matthias: it is produced by a different group of people

Dave: the affiliations of the contributors are listed in the document

Matthias: it should be clear that this is not W3C work

Dave: it is input to the discussion

<Zakim> kaz, you wanted to mention the WoT outreach table and ask how to share the load

Dave: we could publish it through the IG as external material

McCool: could we have it as a discussion paper?

Kaz: It's like a research paper someone has submitted to a conference, external work

Johannes: we could take it as input

Kaz: encourage people to talk with their AC rep to encourage approval of our charter

<kaz> AC review outreach table (member-only)

<kaz> Dave: could be part of the f2f agenda?

<kaz> kaz: fine

TPAC agenda

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_Portugal,_Lisbon#Agenda

<kaz> McCool: question on how to add items to the f2f agenda

McCool: add other orgs outreach to the agenda for F2F

<DarkoAnicic> +q

Matthias: please review the proposed agenda

<kaz> McCool: need to leave Friday afternoon

Joerg: we could split the session on SDO outreach to Thursday and Friday

Matthias: could we reduce the breakout introduction to a written summary?

save 1.5 hours in the agenda

Darko: planning meeting with Spatial Data on the Web group, also could add a 30 minute session to our meeting on Thursday

Joerg: focus on TD in the discussion
... and semantics

(discussion of possible time slots)

<kaz> TPAC breakout assignment

<kaz> Spatial Data on the Web meets Web of Things has been cancelled; will be part of the Spatial Data group meeting on Tuesday

Matthias: T2TRG joint meeting on weekend, could discuss protocol bindings and other topics

Kaz: what is the expected attendance of the T2TRG meeting?

Dave: schedule presentations on IoT security work and danbri on iot.schema.org

Matthias: any other input on the agenda topic?

Johannes: can move the web assembly discussion to a future call

demo setup

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_September_2016,_Portugal,_Lisbon_Demo#Requirements

Matthias: what is room setup, table setup, projector?

Can someone bring a mobile projector?

<kaz> [ the demo room is "Auditorium III" on the first floor as recorded at: https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2016#Breakout_Schedule_.28session_grid.29 ]

Can we confirm that the room will be supplied with 2 power strip per table?

4 outlets each power strip, 8 outlets per table

web of power cables

Daniel: we could note on the wiki what we are bringing

McCool will bring a 19 inch display

Kaz will also bring a mobile projector (and some white paper as tentative screens)

Roll-up posters

<dape> https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/plugfest/2016-lisbon github repo for roll-ups

Matthias: has anyone looked at the roll-up and have comments?

<McCool> portable display: http://www.icitouchtech.com/gechic-2501h

<Sebastian> please find latest roll-up about the TD

<Sebastian> https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/plugfest/2016-lisbon/TPAC-2016-Poster-Thing-Description.svg

Yingying: the Web of Things icon is not appropriate to include in an official W3C message, it has not been approved as a W3C communication material and should not be used in W3C endorsed communication

We are already using it in slides and other material

Joerg: it's a late time to change things, we are using it internally

Yingying: this is the message from W3C Marcomm group, to not include the logo in our communication

Dave: it is an internal graphic and not officially adopted
... we are safe on materials we are handing out publicly, including the white paper

Matthias: propose we keep the design because we have no alternative at this tme

Joerg: We need to clarify that it is not a logo, but a descriptive graphic

Kaz: we need to have another discussion internally; the safe approach is to mot include it

Yingying: it is considered to be an icon rather than a logo, we need further discussion if we want it to be a logo

Kaz: it would be safer we will not include the WoT icon in the flyer this time, but we should have some more discussion and clarify the usage of the icon/logo image

Joerg: still wondering if we can include the icon in the roll-up

Kaz will discuss with the Marcomm team today, resolve the question of the graphic icon on the roll-up

Dave: what are the marcomm policies regarding graphics used in outreach material?

McCool: what is the process to adopt a logo?

status on tables

<kaz> Nimura-san and Naka-san make their reports.

<kaz> naka: will use a Panasonic air conditioner and a Toshiba air conditioner

<Zakim> dape, you wanted to wondering about roll-up for full demo

Matthias: there should be a schematic representation of the full scenario, is there a lead for the full scenario table?
... this is important, we need some direct outreach

WoT Flyers

Yingying: the problem is transportation of the printed flyers to Lisbon, the pdf has been sent last Friday and should be available

The flyers will be printed in Lisbon

No one can find the email with the pdf for the flyer

<McCool> No actual Kinkos, but some print shops in Lisbon: https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Fedex+Kinkos&find_loc=Lisboa

Matthias: YIngying please resend the pdf directly to Matthias or upload to dropsite

<inserted> kaz: or install the PDF on the W3C server and let everybody know about the URL

Meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: kaz to talk with the meeting planner team and Jeff about the WoT speech (maybe on Wed) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/09/14-wot-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/09/14 14:18:26 $