08 Jun 2016


See also: IRC log


Kaz, Dave, Achille, Joerg, Johannes, Victor, Toru, Matthias, Yun, Darko, DarkoAnicic, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Masato, Ryuichi, Frank, Katsuyoshi, Takuki, Dan


<kaz> scribenick: DarkoAnicic

<scribe> scribe: DarkoAnicic

<scribe> Agenda: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_8_Jun_2016

Type System

Sebastian: Taki did inital work on Type System

Viktor: we have already presented the work done so far

<mkovatsc> Current Practice document - value type section

<mkovatsc> * better?

Victor: explaining valueTypes
... it can be part of a property or input/output of actions...
... Daniel and Taki have worked on mapping to XML
... the mapping not put yet in the document completely
... how to serialize ValueTypes will be explained in the document (the current Practices) later

Sebastian: there are few comments to this work, please use the issue tracker and the mailing list to comment on

<dsr> https://github.com/w3c/web-of-things-framework/blob/master/documents/things.md

<sebastian> I have some problems withe the audio...

<kaz> GitHub Issues

Dave: I am working on an alternative proposal and an implementation. Hope I will show it by next F2F, otherwise I will show it at TPAC

<kaz> Issue-115 which Sebastian points out

Matthias: June 17th is Eclipse Hang-Out where contributers will have chance to try things out

<sebastian> well, that it actually. I have one topic for the breakout session

<sebastian> https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/proposals/resource-parameters

Sebastian: I have a new topic for the break-up session on query parameters

Victor: will you have a proposal before the session

<sebastian> +1

Matthias: please provide details on the proposal in a dedicated GIT folder so that the other contributers may extend it or comment on it
... Taki, will you have additional content for the Current Practice document?

Taki: the content is essentially already there.
... our line broke up

<Zakim> jhund, you wanted to ask when we should freeze current practices and when proposals should be merged

Johannes: when is the deadline for the document to be finalized?

Matthias: June 10th is the deadline
... we will try to resolve issues in a week

Sebastian: to all - please provide further topics for break out sessions

WoT Comm

Matthias: Daniel in on vacation, he was suposed to report on

Dave: define criteria for listing them on the web page

kaz: information on implementations from external contributors could be added into the Current Practice document if they participate in PlugFest (e.g., OCF is planning to participate in the PlugFest at TPAC in Lisbon)

<Zakim> jhund, you wanted to suggest discussing the criteria for the page listing in beijing

Joerg: we have the initial group of implementations. In the next step we could identify and categorize implementations that were not directly related to the CP document but they are useful for us and should be categorized.

Johannes: we should link related projects

Liaison request from ISO JTC1 WG 10

Dave: we need reviewers for liasons
... liasons help in sharing specifications and would be helpful for us

<joerg> Can we ask for at least one volunteer / care taker per liaison?

<joerg> this should be persistent over time.

Dave: in WoT Comm group we will prepare a table with requests for liaisons reviews

IG Re-charter

Dave: we need a group resolution on initiating the AC Review

<kaz> draft IG Charter

<jhund> https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/181

Joerg: I would have some changes on Mission Statements

<kaz> remaining Issues

Matthias: current issues could be quickly resolved

<kaz> collect interoperabilty implementation experience

Matthias: we are currently offline, can sombody take minuts for a minut

<mkovatsc> we lost audio

Dave: date should be changed to Q3

Kaz: the start date should be August 1st

<mkovatsc> https://github.com/w3c/wot/pull/181/files

Matthias resolving issue on "interconnect" raised by Joerg.

<kaz> +1

<mkovatsc> +1

Kaz: we should define concrete date for the IG End Date, e.g., end of 2018 with some note saying "(expecting the same end data as the proposed WG)"

Joerg: does it make sense to end earlier with IG?

Kaz: we can clsoe IG or WG anytime as long as deliverables are finalized

<joerg> ok, understood

Dave: we can recharter whenever the group focus changes

<kaz> Kaz: and we need to generate an updated Charter for rechartering

RESOLUTION: with the changes agreed in this call, the Interest Group agrees to seek the Advisory Committee Review of the new Interest Group Charter

Dave: with changes agreed in this call we seek inititaing AC ref for the review

<jhund> +1 from Johannes Hund

<mkovatsc> +1

<kaz> +1

<taki> +1

<joerg> +1


Kaz: so the resolution is approved

<kaz> [ the above resolution is approved :) ]

Scripting API

<jhund> https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/173

Johannes: talks about issue on the scripting API
... please have a look at the proposal on the scripting API and comment out or give a feedback

Kaz: I can provide a feedback on the MMI WG and the Automotive WG about custom events

Matthias: agenda points for the next meeting:

Kaz: nobody so far responded w.r.t ideas for Plug Fest, please give your proposals

<kaz> plugfest wiki

Matthias: if you have further comments on the CP document, please give us your proposal

end of the call

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

  1. with the changes agreed in this call, the Interest Group agrees to seek the Advisory Committee Review of the new Interest Group Charter
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/06/08 13:32:39 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/http/-> http/
Succeeded: s/type/type Current Practice document - value type section/
Succeeded: s/17th/June 17th/
Succeeded: s/CP document/Current Practice document if they participate in PlugFest (e.g., OCF is planning to participate in the PlugFest at TPAC in Lisbon)/
Succeeded: s/reviers/reviewers/
Succeeded: s/Subtopic:/topic:/
Succeeded: s/interoperable/interoperabilty/
Succeeded: s/the start shoube/the start date should/
Succeeded: s/on August/August/
Succeeded: s/Mathias/Matthias/
Succeeded: s/end of the WG/concrete date for the IG End Date/
Succeeded: s/2018/2018 with some note saying "(expecting the same end data as the proposed WG)"/
Succeeded: s/aggred/agreed/
Succeeded: s|rrsagent, draft mintues||
Succeeded: s/version/resolution/
Succeeded: i|https|topic: Script API
Succeeded: s/Script/Scripting/
Succeeded: s/feed back/feedback/
Succeeded: s/fom/on/
Succeeded: s/the Automotive/the MMI WG and the Automotive/
Succeeded: s/on custom/about custom/
Found ScribeNick: DarkoAnicic
Found Scribe: DarkoAnicic
Inferring ScribeNick: DarkoAnicic
Present: Kaz Dave Achille Joerg Johannes Victor Toru Matthias Yun Darko DarkoAnicic Sebastian_Kaebisch Masato Ryuichi Frank Katsuyoshi Takuki Dan

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Agenda: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_8_Jun_2016

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 08 Jun 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/06/08-wot-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]