ARIA Editors

18 May 2016


See also: IRC log


Joanmarie_Diggs, Matt, MichaelC, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, fesch, ShaneM, Michiel, JamesN
Rich, Tzviya


<scribe> scribe: MichaelC

Cross references after repository split

question of absolute or relative URIs in cross refs

general view that repositories should not depend on relationships to each other that isn' t a guaranteed constant

yet there is value in offline work

what happens if you load a doc offline using respec?

probably need to go with absolute URIs

need to sort out which URIs to use eg gh-pages or rawgit

1.0 Primer and Practices publication status

action to retire 1.0 primer

<trackbot> Error finding 'to'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ARIA/track/users>.

also came up people are finding 1.0 Practices and following it

much of the primer migrated to practices, question of if there's more

practices is missing some of the intro to how ARIA helps make interactive apps accessible

<mck> we have it in appendix i thought

<mck> it is in background on ARiA

Might want introductory info in https://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/aria

<mck> http://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/


<jamesn> http://w3c.github.io/aria-practices/#appendices

<mck> the intro has a link to the appendix

<mck> it is there

<mck> i plan to update the appendix; low pri now

<mck> I plan to rewrite but much easier to rewrite than start from scratch

<mck> We will have a summary of benefits in the intro, but not all the background ... we can lead people to the appendix.

<MichielBijl> +1

so now ok to retire both 1.0 practices and primer

<mck> Just stage it in a branch?

need a CfC to retire these

1.0 Primer: https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-primer/

1.0 Practices: https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-practices/

also cause that URI to load content from 1.1 practices

TR HTTPS proposal https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/spec-prod/2016AprJun/0024.html

<ShaneM> note that this is NOT true for namespaces... to the extend that we care about that

certain URIs in TR docs now must use https, not http

<mck> we don't have anything in the 1.1 guide that does not function in browsers yet

feel free to update, or MC will at publication

Implementation readiness in Practices

some stuff in new Practices isn't implemented yet

1.0 Practices were all known to be implemented already

just mark new features as "1.1" so users know it's newer

remember no guarantee Practices will work in all browsers, it´s our recommendations

maybe point to an implementation report (such as the ARIA CR report)

<mck> We do not yet have 1.1 specific examples. we will do that.

Timeline check for June publications

<ShaneM> :w

ARIA 1.1 pseudo-LC was targeted for June

needs a top-bottom read-through

and some outstanding issues to close


sounds like we should be on track for that

<Rich> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria/2016May/0113.html

<mck> I have 2 things that have come up about separator role and autocomplete; they are simple I will make branches in the next few days.

<mck> hello??????

<mck> keyshortcuts is in progress; will be done.

may be no other specs to publish along with it

<mck> then I want these 2 things on agenda for May 19: separator role, autocomplete

<mck> rich see my request????

<mck> I hear

<mck> i will make branches today

<mck> we found problem with separator role in APG

<Rich> Matt: those are not logged issues

<mck> separator says it is functional but it is not a widget; that causes problems

<mck> it is GOOD

<bunch of agenda stuff getting crammed into tomorrow´s call to meet this>

let´s target 16 June as the publication date

need WG approval 9 June

<mck> autocomplete was part of action 1743

<mck> oops 1490

any other specs, let MC know 2 weeks before publication


<mck> make webex work

Next meeting

Next meeting is 1 June 2016

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/05/18 18:01:13 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found embedded ScribeOptions:  -final


Found Scribe: MichaelC
Inferring ScribeNick: MichaelC
Present: Joanmarie_Diggs Matt MichaelC Rich_Schwerdtfeger fesch ShaneM Michiel JamesN
Regrets: Rich Tzviya
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria-editors/2016May/0012.html
Got date from IRC log name: 18 May 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/05/18-aria-editors-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]