09 May 2016

See also: IRC log


Janina, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Debbie_Dahl, MichaelC
Mary_Jo_Mueller, Thaddeyd


<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<JohnRochford> Lisa, would you please email me the GoToMeeting password?

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: Mike_Pluke

<Lisa_Seeman> next item:

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open

Personalisation issue paper worked on by Mike and Ayelet and awaiting GitHub upload by Lisa and Michael

John working on references for multi-modal paper

John will. be checking security paper "right now"

Someone needs to double-check the checklist against the roadmap

Lisa will take a look as there are naked links

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/

Cognitive accessibility roadmap and issue paper needs to be looked at by someone (URI above)

John says that the security paper is good e.g. Links OK. Doesn't have an abstract. John volunteered to write one.

<MichaelC> s/next item:/topic: review kurts comments https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2016Apr/0030.html

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/voice-menus.html

Template messed up - Lisa needs to re-write.

Voice menu work has been augmented/messed up.

Michael suggests that it was a GitHub commit problem.

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Pre-publication_checklist

Symbol paper from Chaohai and EA - references have been done maybe a few other items from pre-publication checklist need to be finished this week

Lisa will finish the personalisation according to the checklist

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/

Main Gap Analysis and Roadmap still needs to be checked against the checklist - close but not completely there - Lisa volunteered to do it

John will check security and multimodal

John Kirkwood - distractions - a couple of items still need to be done

Emotions issue paper from Debbie - so far only really able to handle the EMotionML paper

<EA> yes happy to help

EA will help with the Emotions issue paper

------ but under Debbie's management with possible input fromJamie

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

John - issue paper working in Google docs, red-lining new material. Specifically bringing in sponsored material and external distractions - coming along very well

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Pre-publication_checklist

Google docs OK for scratchpad ding but not for editing GitHub source

John not yet applied the pre-publication checklist to the GitHub source

<janina> Yours truly is concerned about using Google Docs for github, see this: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/google-in-the-enterprise/the-google-docs-text-editor-that-doesnt-edit-text-files/

Things that have gone through the 8 points of the checklist by the end of the week will make the cut - those that have not will not be included

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html#table7

Topics are being put into tables of how these things are addressed

Table 7 is an example

Table 1 is the table for authentication

John question - "How to chose what to put in the table?"

Answer - get all the user needs from the paper and add any missing user needs - then fill in the table according to how it is proposed to address the user need

Does a success criteria address a specific user need?

Populating the table is the next step after this week's work on the issue papers

If a symbol user encounters a CAPTCHA then they won't be able to use them - which impacts the security table

WCAG proposal heading towards a WCAG 2.1 - and content for that has to be ready within the next 9 months

Lisa suggests that this reduces the chance that coga issues can be omitted - as could be the case for the extensions model

<MichaelC> https://xkcd.com/1597/

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/05/09 17:37:28 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

WARNING: Bad s/// command: s/next item:/topic: review kurts comments https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2016Apr/0030.html
Succeeded: s|n/next item:/topic: review kurts comments https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2016Apr/0030.html||
Succeeded: s/coma/coga/
Found Scribe: Mike_Pluke
Inferring ScribeNick: Mike_Pluke

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Present: Janina Rich_Schwerdtfeger Debbie_Dahl MichaelC

WARNING: Replacing previous Regrets list. (Old list: Mary, Jo, Mueller)
Use 'Regrets+ ... ' if you meant to add people without replacing the list,
such as: <dbooth> Regrets+ Mary_Jo_Mueller, Thaddeyd

Regrets: Mary_Jo_Mueller Thaddeyd

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 09 May 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/05/09-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]