Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

06 Apr 2016

See also: IRC log


Janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, ShaneM, fesch, Rich_Schweredtfeger, LJWatson, JF, MichaelC, Michiel_Bijl
Mary_Jo, Cynthia, Gottfried


preview agenda with items from two minutes

<fesch> scribe: fesch

<scribe> chair: Janina

js: bash will be able to run in a windows terminal

<janina> http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/03/ubuntus-bash-and-linux-command-line-coming-to-windows-10/

<ShaneM> cygwin has had a similar environment available for ages

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8


<trackbot> action-2018 -- John Foliot to Get deque review of cooperative scheduling of background tasks https://www.w3.org/tr/requestidlecallback/ -- due 2016-04-06 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2018

<MichaelC> action-2018 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2018 Get deque review of cooperative scheduling of background tasks https://www.w3.org/tr/requestidlecallback/ due date to 2016-04-13.


<trackbot> action-2014 -- Fred Esch to Review micropub https://www.w3.org/tr/micropub/ -- due 2016-09-02 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2014


<trackbot> action-2012 -- Shane McCarron to Review csp 3 https://www.w3.org/tr/csp3/ -- due 2016-03-30 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2012

<MichaelC> action-2012 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2012 Review csp 3 https://www.w3.org/tr/csp3/ due date to 2016-04-13.


<trackbot> action-2011 -- Janina Sajka to Janina to draft examples of how the hand-wavey stuff in CSS Transitions accessibility statement could be solidified -- due 2016-02-24 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2011

<MichaelC> action-2011 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-2011 Janina to draft examples of how the hand-wavey stuff in CSS Transitions accessibility statement could be solidified due date to 2016-04-13.


<trackbot> action-2006 -- John Foliot to Draft comment to ensure authoring guidance is provide on eme https://www.w3.org/tr/encrypted-media/ -- due 2016-03-16 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2006


<trackbot> action-1762 -- Katie Haritos-Shea to Review http://www.w3.org/tr/csp-cookies/ content security policy: cookie controls to see if a11y issues or not -- due 2016-03-09 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/1762


<trackbot> Sorry, but action-1795 does not exist.


<trackbot> action-1751 -- LĂ©onie Watson to Review push api http://www.w3.org/tr/push-api/ -- due 2016-02-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/1751


<trackbot> action-1750 -- Cynthia Shelly to Review ui events -- due 2016-03-16 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/1750

<MichaelC> close action-2001

<trackbot> Closed action-2001.

lw: a couple of wording suggestions and graphics...

mc: can we put it on agenda for next week?

lw: two weeks

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> Web Annotation Protocol

<MichaelC> Web Annotation Data Model

mc: had a problem with an annotation protocol alpha... not sure it is with the data model or protocol

<MichaelC> ACTION: cooper to figure out what we previously did on annotation specs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/04/06-apa-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2022 - Figure out what we previously did on annotation specs [on Michael Cooper - due 2016-04-13].

<MichaelC> CSS Device Adaptation Module Level 1

<MichaelC> not needed on Low vision, light sensor, battery status, generic sensor api, understanding wcag

<MichaelC> not needed woff

mc: web fonts?
... do we need to track HTML 5.1?

<MichaelC> HTML 5.1

rs: yes, we have a lot of syncing....

js: Leone what do we need to track in HTML?

lw: can help with building community - HTML 5.1 -

rs: what will help is what is different

<LJWatson> https://www.w3.org/blog/2016/04/working-on-html5-1/

lw: can use help with finding parts of the spec which are not readable...
... file issues on github... a pull request even better

<Zakim> ShaneM, you wanted to ask about longdesc

sm: what is happening with HTML 5 extensions? Are they being rolled in?

lw: not taking time to extract features in 5.1
... from now on introduce as modules

sm: are the extensions that are already developed ...

lw: longdesc is an extension....
... ARIA may be taken out and make it's own spec
... need to see how modules link up... they are part of HTML

sm: divergence of HTML spec vs WG spec

rs: referencing modules...

lw: ... stuff has been rewritten... less understandable

rs: how is it different how is it modularized?

<ShaneM> ARIAINHTML is still referenced from the WhatWG Living Standard references page: https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/references.html

<LJWatson> https://www.w3.org/html/landscape/

lw: everything after can be found in landscape up until December
... the questions are good, can you ask them on the HTML list

<MichielBijl> Address of the list: public-html@w3.org

<MichielBijl> Archive of the list: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/

lw: beneficial if you can ask questions on HTML list -

<MichaelC> WebCrypto Key Discovery

mc: don't think we need to review

sm: accessibility issue related but not this spec, client side keys - want to watch this space

mc: need a discussion with security group
... put on Janina/Rich list

sm: don't allow client side key generation anymore

MSE Responses (Janina) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Mar/0023.html

js: DRM module has use cases where there is a problem with accessibility... I think there was an action AFB had...
... publisher of a media file, is not always the one to add captioning... did we sync with them on this?

jf: question is around encryption around the media - only possible issue is if media and accessibility track (captions) were done differently/encrpytion - most doesn't encrypt anything
... solution wrap everything together and encrypt entire band...

js: I think that is adequate
... spec is OK... need to document in wiki

jf: we need to make the distinction between EME and DRM...

<chaals> [FYI ShaneM I plan to raise issues for extensions that are part of HTML, but lack pointers from HTML - e.g. add attributes in the relevant place, with pointers to the defining specs.]

js: there is an Open Source issue can't reverse engineer

<ShaneM> [chaals, I thought you had sent that along. Thanks

<ShaneM> +1 - EME is the W3C module

Action-2016: Clipboard API (Michiel, Michael) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Mar/0039.html

js: do we have everything?

mc: issue has been sent...

mb: section on focus management - only concern we have - should explain what should happen when you do a clipboard action
... open an issue on HTML...

lw: if we have time to do it...

mc: marking complete in the wiki, MB to update wiki page when he files an HTML issue

Action 2006: EME (John) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2016Apr/0000.html

Action-2020: CSSOM (Fred) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2016Apr/0001.html

<ShaneM> scribenick: ShaneM

fesch: Not a big problem with it. It was just an update of an older document. But Rich had some problems with it.

Rich: Concern about the object model CSS. We need to care about how it is exposed to test tools and ATs.
... we need to know how the information is conveyed out of it. That's where CSS content injection takes place.

janina: is this a candidate for the API spec?

Rich: Yes.
... Beau (sp?) spent time talking with the CSS working group about this last week. They are not sure how they will staff it, but something is happening.
... they are concerned about how mapping is done with ARIA, SVG, HTML etc.

MichaelC: They want ARIA to coordinate these activities.

janina: We need to specify what we need specified. But there may be questions we need to kick around until we have a good solution.

MichaelC: Note that I will not be around next Monday.

janina: spec review of CSSOM is complete. We need to cover this in the API discussions.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: cooper to figure out what we previously did on annotation specs [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/04/06-apa-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/04/06 16:58:29 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/chaals:/[chaals,/
Succeeded: s/rrsagent. make minutes//
Found Scribe: fesch
Inferring ScribeNick: fesch
Found ScribeNick: ShaneM
ScribeNicks: ShaneM, fesch
Present: Janina Joanmarie_Diggs ShaneM fesch Rich_Schweredtfeger LJWatson JF MichaelC Michiel_Bijl
Regrets: Mary_Jo Cynthia Gottfried
Found Date: 06 Apr 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/04/06-apa-minutes.html
People with action items: cooper

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]