22 Feb 2016

See also: IRC log


janina, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Janina
JohnRochford, kurtM


<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: JohnRochford

Lisa: We have 3 thing I would like to do today.
... 1) Dependent docs. Need stable URIs.

2) ISO issue Andy wants to raise.

<Lisa_Seeman> kurts email

3) Kurt's email

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

Michael: Lots of links to Wiki and raw git. We can't use raw git
... We need to publish the issue papers alongside the gap analyses
... Option: Remove all refs to raw git and Wiki
... These are structural issues.

Lisa: The issue papers and the techniques docs are all mature.
... I think the issue papers should be published as working drafts.

<Mike_Pluke> Can't get audio connection via Webex, keep getting the spinning wheel and "Connecting". Tried Chrome and Internet Explorer!

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page#Current_schedules

Lisa: We could publish a 2nd working draft of the user-research module

<Lisa_Seeman> https://w3c.github.io/coga/techniques/index.html

<EA> I am having the same problem

<EA> Sorry Webex not wanting to connect despite closing and trying again. Watching on this channel

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/

Michael: Publishing these docs will add at least 2 to 3 weeks to the timeline

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/techniques/index.html and https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/

Lisa: It's worth waiting "a little bit"
... Does anyone want to take out the references so we can publish this week?

Rich: Does 3 weeks hurt us?

<Lisa_Seeman> call for conciseness to take to first working draft https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/techniques/index.html and https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/issue-papers/

Michael: No

<Lisa_Seeman> and all the dependent documents

<Lisa_Seeman> all the issue papers

<Mike_Pluke> +1


<Lisa_Seeman> +1

<KurtM> +1

<ddahl> +1

<EA> +1

<MichaelC> +1

<janina> +1

<Lisa_Seeman> carried

<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: lisa to ask the list if there are any objections [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/02/22-coga-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-154 - Ask the list if there are any objections [on Lisa Seeman - due 2016-02-29].

Lisa: John Kirkwood is a new member.

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

John K: Internet realm since 1996, on W3C many years ago, have a cognitive disability myself (since 2002), want to make the world better for people w/ CD

<Lisa_Seeman> welcome John! delighted to have you

<Lisa_Seeman> iso sc35

<Lisa_Seeman> user needs

<Lisa_Seeman> (used to be 2938)

KurtM: Worked with a couple of W3C TF groups before; I work on a number of accessibility standards, including SC35

<Lisa_Seeman> john this is andy heath


<Lisa_Seeman> no problem :)

Andy: SC35 has taken over the work, and the needs have expanded tremendously
... A good thing to do would be to have you (COGA TF) go through a couple of user-needs docs
... We should capture as many user needs as we can for both our groups
... Will send the docs, which are not online

Lisa: Andy, will you write an email about that?

Andy: Yes.

Mike: Are these updates to the 2009 docs?

Andy: Yes.
... I'm working outside SC35 in the commercial space

Lisa: Harmonization perhaps should be our goal
... In Israel, law is based upon WCAG with one or 2 exceptions

<KurtM> Lost audio

Lisa: Can we do something similar for COGA, in which every need we come up with is included?

Andy: Yes.

<EA> Sadly I have lost sound again but I wanted to ask about harmonisation and BS 8878 news to get the broader picture?

<KurtM> Dialed in on phone

<Lisa_Seeman> great now i lost audio

I have lost audio

<Kirkwood> lost audio, too

<andy> mine too

<janina> Looks like we lost Lisa!

<Mike_Pluke> That makes all of us?

<janina> Ah, here she is!

<Lisa_Seeman> we are weighting for people to call in

<Lisa_Seeman> john is back

<Kirkwood> back

<andy> tried calling in on audio again but no joy - should I leave the webex and start it again ?

<Lisa_Seeman> kurt, John R, John k,

<janina> Yes, Andy

<ddahl> i'm back

<Lisa_Seeman> you should just be able to conct via the phone or skype

<Lisa_Seeman> if not leave and rejoin

<janina> \Or, you can sip:6173240000@mit.edu

lost audio again

<KurtM> Kurt agrees with MichaelC

<Lisa_Seeman> or webex can call you

<andy> still no joy with audio

<janina> Andy, do you have sip?

<Lisa_Seeman> maybe login again

<Lisa_Seeman> does anyone have a problem with the aim of harmonization

<EA> No problem with harmonisation just one with technology!

+1 to harmonization

-1 to no audio

<andy> my audio just won’t connect now

<Lisa_Seeman> have you asked webex to call you

<andy> don’t have a landline - can it work to cellphone ?

<Lisa_Seeman> yes

<Lisa_Seeman> ea can you hear me?

<EA> No sorry - I can access via Skype if necessary

<Lisa_Seeman> or ask webex to call you

<Lisa_Seeman> We will revisit this is two or three weeks

I'm trying with WebEx, but it just asked me to pass a CAPTCHA, which I cannot see.

No audio alternative

<Lisa_Seeman> EA can you send us an email

I give up. I look forward to talking with and hearing you next week.

<Lisa_Seeman> john text me your phone number

<Lisa_Seeman> we will try and call you in

I can't do that, Lisa, but I appreciate the offer.

<KurtM> Scribe now Kurt

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: kurtM

resume discussion on harmonizing user needs

Doc EA has mentions cognitive impairments, but is broader than cognitive, includes process for accessibility

Lisa question - should TF keep list of docs to be considered for Harmonization?

MichaelC - Judy prefers to be involved in harmonization efforts from a WAI perspective

Lisa will obtain docs from Andy, distribute to group, all docs need to remain private

Lisa wants to finish first working draft prior to harmonization efforts

Target 2nd working draft for incorporating harmonization bits

Lisa will wrap up minutes

Thanks Lisa, some day I'll know how to do that

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: lisa to ask the list if there are any objections [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/02/22-coga-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/02/22 18:12:09 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/harmanisation/harmonization/
Found Scribe: JohnRochford
Inferring ScribeNick: JohnRochford
Found Scribe: kurtM
Inferring ScribeNick: KurtM
Scribes: JohnRochford, kurtM
ScribeNicks: JohnRochford, KurtM

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Default Present: janina, Rich_Schwerdtfeger
Present: janina Rich_Schwerdtfeger Janina

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 22 Feb 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/02/22-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: lisa

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]