HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

23 Nov 2015

See also: IRC log


janina, ShaneM, JF, MarkS



<janina> you need the phone or the URI?

URI please

<MarkS> URI for me

<janina> one moment

<janina> Argh, Michael's email didn't have a URI, did it?

it did not

<janina> I am expecting him

<janina> But, I don't have any data not in that email

<ShaneM> yeah I dont have the URI either.

<ShaneM> I can probabbly come in via voice lime

<ShaneM> line

<MarkS> i can call in too

yes, I could dial in via voice line as well

<janina> URI coming

<janina> agenda order 1, 5, 2, 3, 4,

<MarkS> hmmm, i seem to be having a bit of an issue starting the weber

<MarkS> webex

<janina> Mark, can you dial a local Boston ?? 617 324 0000


<scribe> scribe: JF

take up item 1

JS: Michael has a proposal to address this

MC: number of references that do not point to anything anymore, some section numbers are different, others gone

propose to remove them from the document

also suggest that one reference to UAAG - suggest to remove that as well

<janina> http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG20/#def-focusable-element

essentially scrub UAAG from the document

<Zakim> ShaneM, you wanted to offer an alternate suggestion

MS: good with that if everyone else is OK with it

therre is a lot of work still to do if we don't go with this approach

JS: still have their guidance, just don't link to the document

raises the question, how do we avoid this in the future?

how do we ensure that these references remains accurate into the future?

there is a reference on the wiki as well, what about those references?

JF they can be santized as well

MC: wonder if the final document should reference that as well

SM: reason we do that is that once doc is finalized, we can update the reference without opening the Recommendation/Note

MC: don't see a need to scrub references from wiki

we can clear that as we are able to

SM: why don't we just point to whatever we were pointing to when they worked

MC: we could, but... if this were a rec track doc, we would not be allowed to publish with a dependancy with a non-finalized document

JF +1 to that


JS: perhaps we need a new wiki page for this, then point to a new wiki page

then when we get around to updating the checklist, we can populate that on the new page

MC: we could also point to the HTMLa11y TF wiki

wiki page here: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Checklist

JF: proposes to remove the checklist points from the MAUR note, then update the wiki as we progress

leave the link in the MAUR to the wiki page, preface the wiki page with a warning that it may not be 100% accurate

<janina> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Checklist


<MichaelC> https://rawgit.com/w3c/pfwg/master/media-accessibility-reqs/checklist.html

<ShaneM> https://w3c.github.io/pfwg/media-accessibility-reqs/


<ShaneM> new appendix link text: A live version of the requirements reflected in this document is available in the Wiki at <a href="http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Checklist">http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_Accessibility_Checklist</a>

<janina> +1


<ShaneM> A tablized version of the requirements in this document available in the Wiki at

Decision: remove table from note, add pointer to wiki page

remove all links to UAAG in MAUR, plus all references in the prose

update wiki as we can

table status

appendix b -- contributors

JS: there are a number of manes here that had no involvement with this

MC: practice to include WG participants, add commentors in the contributors list
... May create a section and list either names or WG feedback

JS: Will clean that up.
... Hope to get it done before thanksgiving (Thursday)

JF: Kenny Johar, James Craig, Nigel, Jim Allan

Josh Meille (sp)

National Association of the Deaf?

SM: no

JS: nor Gauladet (sp)

other edits

JS: anything else?

MC: Will require a status section - still need to do that

Will get out via email by Wednesday for review

MC: Will also need to do an announcements, and this is likely worth a blog post as well
... will post an example

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/blog/2015/09/more-accessible-web-authoring-with-atag-2-0/

<ShaneM> http://pandora.aptest.com/w3c/test1/media-accessibility-reqs/index.html

<ShaneM> this is a link to the live version of the NOTE that I am editing

JF: I can take a pass at this - will CC Janina and Michael for review

<ShaneM> thanks!

MC: Believe that's it - MC can do that as part of his checklist

<MichaelC> potential questions: "what does this technology do", "how does it relate to SVG and ARIA", "what's the planned timeline", "what are implementation expectations", "how does it impact SVG authoring", "how does it help users"

<ShaneM> weirdly the gh-pages branch no longer works

<ShaneM> latest editors draft link says page not found

<MichaelC> ¨what technologies might reference these user requirements¨

steps to note status

plans are set

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/11/23 21:58:46 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

FAILED: s/tath/that/
Succeeded: s/taht/that/
Succeeded: s/Micahel/Michael/
Found Scribe: JF
Inferring ScribeNick: JF
Present: janina ShaneM JF MarkS

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 23 Nov 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/11/23-html-a11y-media-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]