23 Nov 2015

See also: IRC log


MichaelC, janina, debbie
John_Rochford, Steve_Lee, Chaohai_Ding, Ayelet_seeman
ddahl, ddahl_


<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<Tony_Doran> Hi - What is the password for webex ?

<Lisa_Seeman> i told you on the private chat

<Lisa_Seeman> ok?

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe ddahl

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: ddahl

project on accessibility of Internet for people with emotion disabilities

lisa: would like to get a user research group on depression and anxiety
... using expertise
... from Renaldo Barnard
... based at Southhampton University
... are others agreable to this?

EA: also he's working in epidemiology

<Lisa_Seeman> passed -to open an user reserch module on anxity and depresion

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open

EA: want to take advantage of this opportunity

topic; actions




<trackbot> action-138 -- E.A. Draffan to Add points from her to issue papers such as adding to multi modal the issue to go back to the last point, index and have deviders. what makes audio and vidie useable -- due 2015-10-09 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/138

lisa: if github is a problem send an email
... in video people sometimes need to go back so an index would be useful

ea: queue and review

lisa: the student population would love this
... ea should get version from github

ea: will send it to you for review


<trackbot> action-139 -- Deborah Dahl to Add updates form conversation to voice and menu systems -- due 2015-10-09 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/139

debbie: not this week


<trackbot> action-140 -- Lisa Seeman to Add to gap analisis more work needed looking into menus and voice for limited speach with natrial languge -- due 2015-10-09 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/140

lisa: will leave that open


<trackbot> action-141 -- Lisa Seeman to Check these are the two issues that group wants from us -- due 2015-11-09 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/141

gap analysis table

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html

lisa: would like to look at the table
... and make sure that people are ok with it so far

(lisa reviews table)

lisa: "user needs" column has some headers that group different user needs
... into categories
... do we think that this table does the job
... should it be more like a user story or like requirements?
... we should come back after we have a few rows filled in

janina: I don't think a table is enough by itself, it's useful, but on its own it's not enough
... it's important to introduce different kinds of cognitive issues
... narrative paragraphs should introduce what people with these issues face

lisa: this will link to the right sections of the user research document

janina: need to distill further into a single document or it will be too much for people

lisa: we were concerned about rewriting content in user research and issue papers

janina: we need to get this into a succinct document
... for example like work on media accessibility

lisa: it would be taking all the issue papers and put them in one document

janina: summarize issue paper into one succinct document

lisa: then we won't have the user needs

<janina> Suggested to use MAUR as Gap Analysis example:

<janina> http://w3c.github.io/pfwg/media-accessibility-reqs/

lisa: three options -- continue table, summarize issue papers and techniques, do both

mike: what does "about the user" mean?
... should put that next to "user needs"

lisa: there will be links to where that's discussed in the user research

<Zakim> janina, you wanted to say that this group must explain the gaps, but can leave the solutions for later

mike: a lot of user needs involve particular problems more than other people
... this woud help with success criteria

debbie: just wanted to ask about what the scope of the summary would be, how long

janina: MAUR is about 15-17 pages
... people might not want to get into the deep information at first

<Zakim> ddahl, you wanted to ask how long the summary would be?

lisa: perhaps we could make 3 minute videos of users talking about their needs

<ddahl_> scribe:ddahl_

lisa: table would make the points more rigorous
... three proposals, table, summary, both
... table would be large

ea: that's a problem with the table

<Tony_Doran> A table would be my preference.

lisa: you can break user needs into a table

debbie: would lean toward a summary and maybe a condensed table

mike: a summary is needed, the background could be in a table

ea: +1 to that
... the summary is essential, maybe could be condensed further
... table should avoid vertical and horizontal scrolling

lisa: people are voting for both, with a preference for a summary

<Mike_Pluke> both - sorry!

lisa: vote for one of the three proposals


<EA> both

<janina> both, I regret

lisa: maybe after we do the summary the table won't be necessary

<Tony_Doran> Both is ideal but much more work....agree tables can be hard to follow. I hadn't considered that. As a dev, I like tables :)

janina: the table is more useful for developers

lisa: should we work on the summary first?

mike: it would speed things up to do the summary first. people trying to assess the work would like to get a summary
... it would be more valuable for socialization

janina: my reason for the summary is so that people can understand the nature of the problem before getting involved in the technology

lisa: the table was requested

janina: maybe need another call to clarify people's understanding

lisa: they wanted to see the user needs to see if this could be moved to somewhere else

janina: for the nuts and bolts you need the table
... but there's a good part of the community that's not up to speed and they need to be brought along

lisa: sounds like everyone feels we need both

<Tony_Doran> I need to drop off. You have my preference ;)

lisa: do we need to bounce this off of other people

ea: we have two levels of expertise, developer and more service provider

lisa: we might need an overview but it doesn't need to be 16-17 pages

ea: will everyone be ok with a table?

janina: let's check with the two parent wg's

<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: lisa table or summary or both - ask both parent wg and judy [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/11/23-coga-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-145 - Table or summary or both - ask both parent wg and judy [on Lisa Seeman - due 2015-11-30].

janina: also include Judy

<EA> So sorry must go. Many thanks

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: lisa table or summary or both - ask both parent wg and judy [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/11/23-coga-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.144 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/11/23 18:33:28 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

FAILED: s/topic;actions//
Succeeded: s/categoies/categories/
Succeeded: s/documen/document/
Succeeded: s/others/other people/
Succeeded: s/general person/service provider/
Found Scribe: ddahl
Inferring ScribeNick: ddahl
Found Scribe: ddahl_
Inferring ScribeNick: ddahl_
Scribes: ddahl, ddahl_
ScribeNicks: ddahl, ddahl_
Present: MichaelC janina debbie
Regrets: John_Rochford Steve_Lee Chaohai_Ding Ayelet_seeman
Got date from IRC log name: 23 Nov 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/11/23-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: lisa

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]