02 Nov 2015

See also: IRC log


Chaohai_Ding, ayelet_seeman, E.A._Draffan, Renaldo_Bernard, Mike_pluke
JohnRochford, EA


<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

<Lisa_Seeman> on the phone: John and steve

<Lisa_Seeman> on the phone: John and steve and mary jo

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: JohnRochford

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open

<Tony_Doran> I am supervising a room full of kids btw

Lisa: Requests Tony pings her tomorrow about open action item

<Lisa_Seeman> on the phone: John and steve and mary jo, and tony doran

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page#Current_schedules

Lisa: ARIA group was having a bit of disarray about what their strategy is: Is ARIA getting too bloated, etc.

Lisa, you are not on the call.

Or, if you are, we can't hear you.

<Tony_Doran> I can hear John no lisa

John: I suggest we give Lisa until quarter past the hour. That should give her enough time to connect.

<Tony_Doran> Yay

Lisa: Feedback we received from ARIA group is that they want to make our extension happen.
... We should use a COGA prefix, not an ARIA prefix.
... Janina said we have not finished the gap analysis yet.

<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: to check these are the two issues that group wants from us [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/11/02-coga-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Error finding 'to'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/users>.

<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: Lisa to check these are the two issues that group wants from us [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/11/02-coga-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-141 - Check these are the two issues that group wants from us [on Lisa Seeman - due 2015-11-09].

Lisa: ARIA group wants us to use COGA prefix and finish our gap analysis.
... ARIA group won't throw anything away, just move it elsewhere, such as to HTML group.
... ARIA group wants a large table for the gap analysis.
... We did send the ARIA group our WCAG proposal, and there was a lot of feedback.

Lisa, we lost you again.

<Lisa_Seeman> oh no

EA: Lisa is amazing. (I was not supposed to scribe that.)

Lisa: 2 pieces of feedback: 1) We should try to word proposed success criteria as testable (by human or automated).
... Example - Saying something such as "use white space" is not a success criterion.

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: EA

Coga needs to word success criteria in a way that is more widely appropriate.

<Lisa_Seeman> when possible and the cost is not high

Lisa describing the feedback from WCAG - need to make sure no loss of good advice

<Lisa_Seeman> resolution: to make the wording of the SC more widely applicable and testible when there is no loss of good advice

<Lisa_Seeman> dont make it poluler ate the cost of good

Lisa you are cutting out again



There are issues with measuring certain aspects of the SC - Lisa said could be handled by adaptability - so may need something different. - tagging

<maryjom> +1

<Tony_Doran> +1

Lisa said need to have guidelines that people can adopt. Language may have to be different depending on the role of the content. You can build in exceptions. Need to look at WCAG 2.0 to see how we can re-word the Success criteria.

<Tony_Doran> Can hear

<Tony_Doran> WShen is it?

<Tony_Doran> Yes

<Tony_Doran> sorry background noise here

<Lisa_Seeman> http://www.sxsw.com/

Lisa asking about dates for a face to face meeting. - CSUN conference suggested 21-26th 2016 March and South by Southwest Interactive http://www.sxsw.com/interactive/news/2015/october-content-announcement another option.

<Lisa_Seeman> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Nov/0006.html

Lisa - need to finish the gap analysis on the ARIA - Janina suggested this. - Lisa wrote a table and sent it to the new ARIA working group list but meant to send it to coga - now sent to the group. Does not want to repeat the issue papers and techniques. Must not lose the thread

Lisa went on to say that she wants to make sure that the gap analysis needs to be made up of links to the various papers. Lisa went through the table that she has sent to the group

So sorry but the connection keeps dropping.

Lisa went on to say that we need to take a user need - how we handle it in content - how we handle it in WCAG - what is needed in terms of personalisation, system support etc

Needs discussion links to more of a mapping exercise rather than just content.

Lisa wanted to check if this was the right approach?

<Tony_Doran> audio awful

<Lisa_Seeman> can you put in a plus 1 if you like the aprouch

Need to have a document that looks at all the gaps - we need this to before we start adding things such as ARIA etc

Lisa pointed out that the evaluators need a table which illustrates the gaps.... the issue papers etc are the background

<Tony_Doran> I need to drop off speak tmrw Lisa.

We need to highlight the fact that some user needs are not met - needs to be seen in a much clearer way - show real problems with integrated solutions.

<Lisa_Seeman> k. thanks for joining

Thank you everyone...

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Lisa to check these are the two issues that group wants from us [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/11/02-coga-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: to check these are the two issues that group wants from us [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/11/02-coga-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/11/02 18:04:48 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: JohnRochford
Inferring ScribeNick: JohnRochford
Found Scribe: EA
Inferring ScribeNick: EA
Scribes: JohnRochford, EA
ScribeNicks: JohnRochford, EA

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: EA John JohnRochford Lisa Lisa_Seeman Tony_Doran https maryjom trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Regrets: Chaohai_Ding ayelet_seeman E.A._Draffan Renaldo_Bernard Mike_pluke

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 02 Nov 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/11/02-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: lisa to

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]