25 Sep 2015

See also: IRC log


Steve, Lee


<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<Lisa_Seeman> can you hear?>

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: JohnRochford

<Lisa_Seeman> next items

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page#General_To_do

<Lisa_Seeman> debbie are u joing us on webex

<Lisa_Seeman> ?

LS: ddahl, anything left for your action item on Voice XML?

ddahl: Will have to review.

<Lisa_Seeman> action ddahl to review

<trackbot> Created ACTION-135 - Review [on Deborah Dahl - due 2015-10-02].

<Lisa_Seeman> action ddahl to review voice issu pager for gap analisis

<trackbot> Created ACTION-136 - Review voice issu pager for gap analisis [on Deborah Dahl - due 2015-10-02].

LS: 10/26 and 10/27, Rich wants us to have a joint meeting with ARIA about our extensions, etc.
... Let's determine when we can meet those days.

<ddahl> this is a good tool for finding meeting times http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

LS: Steve, Ayelet, Chaohai should be key people to meet with ARIA people in Japan
... 10/26, 7 AM to 9 AM London time is when the ARIA meeting will occur

JR: That's 2 AM to 4 AM, Boston time

<Lisa_Seeman> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Sep/0044.html

LS: maryjom, please walk us through the graded help

MJ: Is reviewing the feedback she supplied via email message forwarded to listserv by Lisa
... Anything needed that is unique to mobile space?
... For example, F1 is unavailable on mobile.

LS: Really important that help is included in personalization.

JR: Perhaps we should recommend a universal help feature for the web and mobile.

Mike: Pressing F1 provides help for Chrome, not for a website.

LS: I think this should be an open issue we reserve for the next working draft

MJ: What can we do for people with cognitive disabilities that would be good for them? For example, reviewing techniques for developers.
... Another item to address is searching within help.
... Search terms have to be spelled correctly for the right help to be found.

JR: A model for searching may be: https://clearhelper.wordpress.com/2011/04/25/improving-web-searching-for-people-with-cognitive-disabilities/

<Lisa_Seeman> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Jul/0068.html

LS: This conversation is directly related to the work Mike and me (Lisa) are meant to think about: human help.
... How is extra help provided vs. more info is provided?

EA: Something that is very confusing for people with ID (LD in UK) is how to get to help, for example, when watching consuming multi-media content. They may not remember how to get to help.

JR: Idea: Perhaps help for a video player could invoke help for it, and/or for help from the website.

Mike: Perhaps there should be sign posts throughout a video.

LS: Labeling and sign posting throughout a video would help people navigate them.

EA: Video transcripts could be tagged for key points.

LS: We can include recommendations for user agents as part of a 5-year plan.

Mike: I agree with EA that content creators would have to enable such capabilities.

<EA> Try this link for Synote with a YouTube video http://linkeddata.synote.org/synote/recording/replay/52593

LS: Renewing ARIA conversation from last week.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/09/25 14:01:13 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: JohnRochford
Inferring ScribeNick: JohnRochford

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Present: Rich_Schwerdtfeger

WARNING: Fewer than 3 people found for Present list!

Regrets: Steve Lee

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 25 Sep 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/09/25-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]