IRC log of coga on 2015-09-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:48:06 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
12:48:06 [RRSAgent]
logging to
12:48:12 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, this will be WAI_CogTF
12:48:12 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, Lisa_Seeman
12:49:52 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets: Steve Lee
12:50:20 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda: this
12:50:21 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ next weeks call times and dates
12:50:23 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ review actions, and timelines
12:50:24 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ TPAC - when can we join a call?
12:50:26 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ personlization questions with Rich's changes
12:50:27 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Issue papers - GA
12:50:29 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Techniques - GA
12:50:30 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Next ftf ideas (TPAC and Katie suggestion)agenda+ Other issue papers
12:50:32 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ be done
12:58:26 [Chaohai_Ding]
Chaohai_Ding has joined #coga
12:59:02 [JohnRochford]
JohnRochford has joined #coga
12:59:35 [Mike_Pluke]
Mike_Pluke has joined #coga
12:59:39 [Lisa_Seeman]
can you hear?>
13:01:56 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: JohnRochford
13:02:13 [Lisa_Seeman]
next items
13:02:17 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
13:02:50 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
13:04:44 [maryjom]
maryjom has joined #coga
13:05:11 [ddahl]
ddahl has joined #coga
13:05:32 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
13:05:34 [Lisa_Seeman]
13:05:52 [EA]
EA has joined #coga
13:05:53 [richardschwerdtfeger]
richardschwerdtfeger has joined #coga
13:06:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
debbie are u joing us on webex
13:06:06 [Lisa_Seeman]
13:07:24 [JohnRochford]
LS: ddahl, anything left for your action item on Voice XML?
13:07:47 [JohnRochford]
ddahl: Will have to review.
13:07:53 [Lisa_Seeman]
action ddahl to review
13:07:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-135 - Review [on Deborah Dahl - due 2015-10-02].
13:08:08 [Lisa_Seeman]
action ddahl to review voice issu pager for gap analisis
13:08:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-136 - Review voice issu pager for gap analisis [on Deborah Dahl - due 2015-10-02].
13:09:49 [JohnRochford]
LS: 10/26 and 10/27, Rich wants us to have a joint meeting with ARIA about our extensions, etc.
13:10:43 [Ayelet_seeman]
Ayelet_seeman has joined #coga
13:13:01 [JohnRochford]
LS: Let's determine when we can meet those days.
13:14:47 [richardschwerdtfeger]
present+ Rich_Schwerdtfeger
13:19:02 [ddahl]
this is a good tool for finding meeting times
13:21:32 [JohnRochford]
LS: Steve, Ayelet, Chaohai should be key people to meet with ARIA people in Japan
13:23:34 [JohnRochford]
LS: 10/26, 7 AM to 9 AM London time is when the ARIA meeting will occur
13:24:25 [JohnRochford]
JR: That's 2 AM to 4 AM, Boston time
13:24:55 [Lisa_Seeman]
13:25:54 [JohnRochford]
LS: maryjom, please walk us through the graded help
13:26:53 [JohnRochford]
MJ: Is reviewing the feedback she supplied via email message forwarded to listserv by Lisa
13:27:58 [JohnRochford]
MJ: Anything needed that is unique to mobile space?
13:28:14 [JohnRochford]
MJ: For example, F1 is unavailable on mobile.
13:29:15 [JohnRochford]
LS: Really important that help is included in personalization.
13:32:20 [JohnRochford]
JR: Perhaps we should recommend a universal help feature for the web and mobile.
13:33:58 [JohnRochford]
Mike: Pressing F1 provides help for Chrome, not for a website.
13:34:42 [JohnRochford]
LS: I think this should be an open issue we reserve for the next working draft
13:36:36 [JohnRochford]
MJ: What can we do for people with cognitive disabilities that would be good for them? For example, reviewing techniques for developers.
13:37:45 [JohnRochford]
MJ: Another item to address is searching within help.
13:38:08 [JohnRochford]
MJ: Search terms have to be spelled correctly for the right help to be found.
13:38:50 [JohnRochford]
JR: A model for searching may be:
13:39:04 [Lisa_Seeman]
13:40:07 [JohnRochford]
LS: This conversation is directly related to the work Mike and me (Lisa) are meant to think about: human help.
13:41:20 [JohnRochford]
LS: How is extra help provided vs. more info is provided?
13:42:11 [Lisa_Seeman]
13:44:42 [JohnRochford]
EA: Something that is very confusing for people with ID (LD in UK) is how to get to help, for example, when watching consuming multi-media content. They may not remember how to get to help.
13:47:43 [JohnRochford]
JR: Idea: Perhaps help for a video player could invoke help for it, and/or for help from the website.
13:48:37 [JohnRochford]
Mike: Perhaps there should be sign posts throughout a video.
13:49:39 [JohnRochford]
LS: Labeling and sign posting throughout a video would help people navigate them.
13:51:12 [JohnRochford]
EA: Video transcripts could be tagged for key points.
13:52:03 [JohnRochford]
LS: We can include recommendations for user agents as part of a 5-year plan.
13:52:54 [JohnRochford]
Mike: I agree with EA that content creators would have to enable such capabilities.
13:53:02 [ddahl]
ddahl has joined #coga
13:53:53 [EA]
EA has joined #coga
13:54:51 [EA]
Try this link for Synote with a YouTube video
13:56:18 [JohnRochford]
LS: Renewing ARIA conversation from last week.
14:00:27 [ddahl]
ddahl has left #coga
14:01:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, make logs public
14:01:08 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, create minutes
14:01:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Lisa_Seeman
14:02:17 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, please part
14:02:17 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been Rich_Schwerdtfeger
14:02:17 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
14:02:28 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, please part
14:02:28 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items