Protocols and Formats Working Group Teleconference

02 Sep 2015

See also: IRC log


JaEunJemmaKu, Janina, JemmaJaeunKu, fesch, MichaelC, Cynthia, Joanmarie_Diggs, John_Foliot, JF, Katie, Haritos-Shea, Rich_Schwerdtfeger


<trackbot> Date: 02 September 2015

preview agenda with items from two minutes

<scribe> scribe: fesch

js: any items, news? Will take up Cynthia's item

CSS UI Spec Review -- Cynthia

<janina> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pfwg/2015Sep/0019.html

cs: see email, mostly encouraging any questions?

ime-mode is being deprecated any concerns?

cs: can take up next week

mc: we have until 7 October
... looks like a couple of WCAG techniques that we may want to write...

js: is our mechanism to convey to WCAG chairs?

mc: maybe put on wcag wiki techniques, should be a wiki page for css techniques

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Techniques/CSS

all: introductions for Jemma

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> CSS Grid Layout Module Level 1

<MichaelC> also see http://gridstylesheets.org/ Grid Style Sheets

fe: what about looking at css grid

jd: has colleges working on it, Bo of IBM has been looking at this ...

rs: I don't know whether he is looking at Grid layouts or not

jd: will look for email
... maybe coordinate with bo on css grid (fred to ping Bo)

Actions Review (Specs) http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open

<MichaelC> close action-1682

<trackbot> Closed action-1682.

<MichaelC> close action-1683

<trackbot> Closed action-1683.

mc: two actions to look at CSS Basic UI, Cynthia has done... can we close duplicate action?

<MichaelC> action-1669 due 2 weeks

<trackbot> Set action-1669 Look at data on the web best practices http://www.w3.org/tr/dwbp/ due date to 2015-09-16.

<MichaelC> action-1629 due 3 weeks

<trackbot> Set action-1629 Review manifest for a web application http://www.w3.org/tr/appmanifest/ due date to 2015-09-23.

<MichaelC> action-1648 due 3 weeks

<trackbot> Set action-1648 Review entry point regulation http://www.w3.org/tr/epr/ due date to 2015-09-23.

<MichaelC> action-1615 due 1 week

<trackbot> Set action-1615 Review media capture and streams http://www.w3.org/tr/mediacapture-streams/ due date to 2015-09-09.

<MichaelC> action-1597 due 2 weeks

<trackbot> Set action-1597 Review web midi api http://www.w3.org/tr/webmidi/ due date to 2015-09-16.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

Community Groups http://www.w3.org/community/groups/

<MichaelC> Healthcare Schema Vocabulary Community Group

js: anyone care about healthcare schema?

<JF> I'll also chime in to say that there *may* be a relationship here with the Schema.org work that Benetech has worked on in the past...

KS: schema needs to be WCAG level A compliant

jf: there is work done with schema.org that benetek did, may be cognitive related... maybe need to keep an eye on it

mc: looking at medical definitions....

jf: don't need to help make definitions, but would be good to keep cognitive considerations in the definitions

js: would expect a 1.1 or 2.0, because medical field is not static, so we could pick it up then, since we may not have the technical skills ...

<JaEunJemmaKu> I think there is 4th grade reading level requirement for medical definitions.

mc: output might be interesting to follow

<JaEunJemmaKu> or 6th grade

Rechartering Progress

js: no news.... hope for news soon it is September...

mc: decision policy is sticking point

js: made draft decision policies...

TPAC 2013 Update

<MichaelC> http://www.w3.org/2015/10/TPAC/

note topic is TPAC 2015 (not 2013)

rs: since we don't have working group separated out, Rich and Janina should work together to make an agenda, need to know attendees

mc: reads off attendees,

rs: any browser vendors

mc: Cynthia (MS)

rs: Alex?
... will ping Alex... will copy MC and JS
... don't know when charter will be resolved...
... would like to take time for API work

rs/cs: 4 hours set aside

rs: trying to get ARIA 1.1 done

js: James you coming?

jn: yes, but not sure enough members of authoring practices will be there to put that on the agenda

js: IETS meets a week or two later in Yokohama

CSS UI Spec Review -- Cynthia

ARIA.Next Items

rs: we thought MC should take the first pass on testable statements and exit criteria

mc: testable statements might be hard to do

<MichaelC> ACTION: cooper to draft ARIA 1.1 CR exit criteria [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/09/02-pf-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-1719 - Draft aria 1.1 cr exit criteria [on Michael Cooper - due 2015-09-09].

rs: point out what needs to be tested and we can farm them out

<MichaelC> ACTION: cooper to create plan for ARIA 1.1 testable statements, delegate some of them and write some of them [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/09/02-pf-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-1720 - Create plan for aria 1.1 testable statements, delegate some of them and write some of them [on Michael Cooper - due 2015-09-09].

Other Task Force Updates; COGA; SVG; HTML-A11Y--HTML Reorganization

js: a little email between Chaals and myself on access key, more than the task force may want to look at it

jf: sent email about transcripts , wiki page still a series of options, need to find support from browser implements, tk may be winding down. because of charter issues

js: lets take up tomorrow

Tracking Proposal -- Janina, Michael

js: Michael's geek week, formalized tracking doesn't seem to will it be done soon

mc: goal is to keep track of all activity with a given spec
... on landing page, list of all specs we have ever looked at, then a wiki page for each spec with all emails we did...
... that way we will have a history to use

js: when we go through new publications, we can look at stuff, and as we looked at specs, we would keep a live log.... value is when we come back to something 2 or 3 years later

cs: moving forward or archiving history

js: archiving history would be pretty tough

rss agent, make minutes

rssagent make minutes

rssagent, make minutes

rssagent, draft minutes

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: cooper to create plan for ARIA 1.1 testable statements, delegate some of them and write some of them [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/09/02-pf-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: cooper to draft ARIA 1.1 CR exit criteria [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/09/02-pf-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/09/02 17:02:25 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/im/ime/
Succeeded: s/mc/js/
Found Scribe: fesch
Inferring ScribeNick: fesch
Present: JaEunJemmaKu Janina JemmaJaeunKu fesch MichaelC Cynthia Joanmarie_Diggs John_Foliot JF Katie Haritos-Shea Rich_Schwerdtfeger

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 02 Sep 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/09/02-pf-minutes.html
People with action items: cooper

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]