17 Aug 2015

See also: IRC log


janina, Lisa_Seeman, Michael_Cooper, Richard_Schwerdtfeger, John_Rochford, Mike_Pluke, Susann_Keohane, Tony_Doran, Neil_Milliken, Ayelet_Seeman
Jamie_Knight, mary_jo


<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<JohnRochford> Called Zakim bridge X 3. No connection, no ringing, nothing.

<JohnRochford> Are we having a call today?

<JohnRochford> Ayelet & Tony: Are you on the call?

<JohnRochford> Mike! Can you see this message?

<Tony_Doran> Trying - are we using Zakim again or ??

<Mike_Pluke> Yes - can't find the link for the webex

<Lisa_Seeman> anyone joining us on webex

<Lisa_Seeman> ahh

<JohnRochford> Lisa, see my previous messages. I can't get on Webex.

<Lisa_Seeman> my error

Ihttps: //mit.webex.com/mw0401lsp13/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=mit&service=1&main_url=%2Fmc0901lsp13%2Fmeetingcenter%2Fdefault.do%3Fsiteurl%3Dmit%26main_url%3D%252Fmc0901lsp13%252Fmeetingcenter%252Fmeetingend%252Flandingpage.do%253Fsiteurl%253Dmit%2526ishost%253Dfalse%2526NM%253Dayelet_seeman%2526AD%253Dayelet.projects1%2540gmail.com%2526STD%253D1&rnd=1809151839

<Lisa_Seeman> i am very fuzzy today

<Lisa_Seeman> (was sick yesterday

<Lisa_Seeman> webex

<JohnRochford> Ayelet, that URL brought me to a blank Webex page.

<Mike_Pluke> Me too


<Tony_Doran> On callnow :)

this is the right link, sorry

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: ayelet_seeman

<JohnRochford> Installing WebEx now, though I don't know why.

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open

LS: we are late with the schedule - we are overdue with the gap analysis and road map

<JohnRochford> I am now connected to call via WebEx. Thank you, Ayelet.

LS: however we don't want to give in something half baked

JR: did the work to revise the security issue paper. unsure about how to add it to the gap analysis.

<Mike_Pluke> Can't hear anything unfortunately - initially I was on system level audio mute - but now I've unmuted still can't hear anything exceptt the Webex audio test.

<Mike_Pluke> At last I can hear!!!

LS: identify what are the gaps between what needs to exist in order to support accessibility (or in this case the security) for COGA users, and what exists now

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis

LS: you also want to check under what category it should go

* you're welcome

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/techniques/index.html

LS: feel free to ping me when looking for links, etc.

MP: reviewed the personalisation issue paper. felt it was slightly scattered.
... suggests putting all the introductory parts in one introduction, which should also include some content from the ineroperability issue paper.

LS: which name is preferred - 'in page semantics', 'aria for coga', or 'aria proposal'?
... "or 'aria for personalisation'

JS: unsure the coga aria personalisation fully covers the personalisation for different user groups

LS: more general than just coga users

JS: calling it "coga aria proposal" doesn't open us to criticism

LS: it is about specifying the functions of the page, which enable personalisation, not techniques specific to COGA

<MichaelC> http://www.w3.org/TR/indie-ui-context/

MC: could the difference be defined as one addressing the user agent and user, the other the web author or application?

<Lisa_Seeman> https://github.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation

LS: this s off W3C space, we want to show that the aria proposal enables personalisation

MC: is this something we want to move in to w3c space?

LS: we'll discuss it off line

<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: liddy to do an issue paper on meta data support [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/08/17-coga-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-129 - Do an issue paper on meta data support [on Liddy Nevile - due 2015-08-24].

LS: had a conversation with Liddie. she will write an issue paper about metadata support for coga. it could take off and could not. We want to include it in the road map ans see if it takes off. issues include ontological support of what the different accommodations, and different ways for metadata to be floating around.

<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: lisa to ensure time is on a call soon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/08/17-coga-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-130 - Ensure time is on a call soon [on Lisa Seeman - due 2015-08-24].

SK: doesn't currently have action items

LS: the review should be a question of does it fully address the issue. next we want to think of the techniques document and gap analysis, and see if they support/include the issues in the issue paper.

<janina> +1 to Lisa

<Lisa_Seeman> ok

<janina> ok!

LS: beyond missing techniques for WCAG, the support missing could go in the gap analysis. what we didn't yet find a way to support/address should also go there

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/techniques/index.html

LS: Did anyone manage to review the techniques page since we edited it?

JS: suggests looking at the wider context of the work done in the W3C to help with some of the coga concerns, such as the web annotations

<MichaelC> Web Annotations WG

<MichaelC> Web Annotation Data Model

<Lisa_Seeman> thanks

LS: will be relevant for security.also had an idea with Neil of having a matrix of how to treat interruptions, on the OS level - such as letting some apps interrupt more than others, family members, urgency according to user, etc.
... any ideas for something that could support it?

NM: currently has to manually set that he is busy, resulting in constantly being distracted

<Lisa_Seeman> ayelet can you do the minets?

<Lisa_Seeman> ahh... thanks

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: liddy to do an issue paper on meta data support [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/08/17-coga-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: lisa to ensure time is on a call soon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/08/17-coga-minutes.html#action02]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/08/17 17:02:26 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: ayelet_seeman
Inferring ScribeNick: ayelet_seeman

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Present: janina Lisa_Seeman Michael_Cooper Richard_Schwerdtfeger John_Rochford Mike_Pluke Susann_Keohane Tony_Doran Neil_Milliken Ayelet_Seeman
Regrets: Jamie_Knight mary_jo

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 17 Aug 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/08/17-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: liddy lisa

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]