Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

23 Jun 2015


See also: IRC log


Laura, Mike, Elledge, AWK, Makoto, Joshue108, kenny, Marc, Johlic, Wayne, 1, DavidMacDonald
Bailey_Bruce, James_Nurthen, Kathy_wahlbin, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Moe_Kraft, Eric_Eggert, james_nurthen, Kathy_Wahlbin


<trackbot> Date: 23 June 2015

<kenny> agneda+ Quickref update from Eric.[Yatil]

<AWK> Scribe: Laura

Open discussion on Working group process

Josh: Want to make things better for the working group.
... For instance call time.

…We need to use our time wisely.

AWK: We are talking a lot of Task Forces and the Generic working group.
... Forces are focusing on techniques and gap analysis.
... Maybe everyone should be involved with a task force.
... Then we could get rid of this call.
... This is a possible direction.

Mike: I like the ideas of doling more online.

…perhaps have a monthly meeting.

Josh: I like that idea.
... Bulk of the work is now being don on TFs.

Wayne: Having touch point meeting is important.

Sounds fine to me.

Mark: Question. what is the plan to get more people in TF?

Josh: Ask people.

AWK: By changing the focus of the group we may get more accomplished.
... Invited expert status and good standing come into play (although WCAG doesn't currently use the concept of good standing).

Josh: We will come back to this and then make some decisions. And survey the grou.

Decision making/CFC process update and survey item

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/CFCUpdatedJune2015/results

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/index.php?title=WCAG_Working_Group_Consensus_Procedure&diff=5629&oldid=5483

Josh: Survey looks favorable.
... Change hinged around whenever possible.
... Results positive
... any objections?


... Updated CFC proposal accepted.

Summer schedule

Josh: The working group will be meeting on June 23rd/30th, July 7th/14th/21st.
... There will be no meeting on July 28th, August 4th
... There is a question mark over the 11th of August
... Normal service shall be resumed after that date.

Update from EO about QuickRef

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/UF_June_2015/Results

Github Training

<David> rssagent, make minutes

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35532/GHTJune2015

Josh: Their will be some github training.
... Sign up if you are interested.

<Joshue108> LC: Are we going to be anything with the sorted WCAG page?

<Joshue108> JOC: We will.

Mike: Will lend his support to the WCAG questionnaire.

<Mike_Elledge> I approve of the changes to the WCAG WG protocol

AWK: The TF work that is going on is part of WCAG.

…it is the bulk of the work being done.

AWK: Would like people to engage in the TF

David: Working in TF makes sense to him.

Josh: Chairs will work out a roadmap.

Mike: Should have a list of the task forces and a central repository.

Josh: TF have homepages

<Joshue108> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/mobile-a11y-tf/

<Joshue108> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/

Josh: Minutes, publications are listed

Wayne: What we need are guidelines coming out of the TF.

Josh: May be gap analysis and techniques

…extensions, etc.

Wayne: Has the low vision task force been formed yet?

Josh: no

<Mike_Elledge> bye!

<AWK> trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/06/23 15:54:11 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/wat/what/
Succeeded: s/ge/get/
Succeeded: s/staus/status/
Succeeded: s/play/play (although WCAG doesn't currently use the concept of good standing)/
Found Scribe: Laura
Inferring ScribeNick: laura
Present: Laura Mike Elledge AWK Makoto Joshue108 kenny Marc Johlic Wayne 1 DavidMacDonald
Regrets: Bailey_Bruce James_Nurthen Kathy_wahlbin Katie_Haritos-Shea Moe_Kraft Eric_Eggert james_nurthen Kathy_Wahlbin
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2015AprJun/0263.html
Found Date: 23 Jun 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/06/23-wai-wcag-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]