09 Mar 2015

See also: IRC log


Tim_Boland, John_Rochford, Anthony_Doran, Chaohai_Ding, Debra_Ruh, Neil_Milliken


<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

who is speaking to Lisa

<scribe> scribe:Susann_Keohane

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page

Lisa: review of deliverables
... main page is our white board
... current mandate is gap analysis, roadmap and recommend techniques
... Gap analysis (1) current draft of user research, received comments, and ask for more information as we address them one by one
... (2) document of proposed techniques and it is currently on github
... this is more of what are the techniques that people need to be aware of
... (3) collection of issue papers - these have scope like security, personalization
... Current schedule release of the techniques and issue papers to have them ready for April 1
... editors draft by April 1
... these are quite important as we want them realized before the face to face in London
... Next working draft of the User Research will be targeted after the face to face in April
... review of actions

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open

Lisa: does anyone want to own any of these open action items
... Susann targeting this week for Aging techniques

<ea> Neil and I have written most of the Numbers one but it needs polishing - so when he gets back we will finish it.

Lisa: volunteer for ADHD techniques
... Debra Ruh created the first draft of the Down syndrome techniques
... John rochford is targeting first draft of the autism techniques Friday, March 13.

Mike_Pluke: should we focus on dementia vs aging which is a process

Lisa: we refer to it as aging cognitive decline
... we want to include more minor disability so they can stay in the workplace

Mike_Pluke: should Aging/Dementia be separated

Lisa: Mike to send his feedback as a comment so it can be captured when the documents are re-org

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

Lisa: Debra Ruh created the first draft of the Down syndrome techniques
... few comments may be worth mentioning

Rich: is reading level important important to Down syndrome

Lisa: asking for people to put their content into github

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

Lisa: when developing techniques add techniques that other disability techniques may have not included due to the nature of the techniques

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Main_Page#Citations

Lisa: Ayelet has volunteered to help with the citations
... JSON script is being used for the citations so it becomes an index
... each with unique identifier
... everyone is working on techniques that cites research
... we need to make citations consistent in the techniques

MichaelC: W3C citations policy

<MichaelC> http://www.w3.org/2001/06/manual/#References

MichaelC: W3C has it's own format. when you reference you put in [] a handle to it and it much be unique
... example [HTML] that way all references will have this and the link will reference a section in the document to what that means

<Lisa_Seeman> Take the form: <a href="http://www.example.org/example">Full Name</a> [<a href="#ref-REFNAME">REFNAME</a>]

yikes phone dropped

can someone cover until I dial back in

<Lisa_Seeman> will take over

<Lisa_Seeman> sribe:lisa_seeman

<Lisa_Seeman> used to be a manual process to maintain it

<Lisa_Seeman> now adays it is a database

<MichaelC> https://github.com/tobie/specref

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: Susann_Keohane


<Lisa_Seeman> no prob

MichaelC: added keys for use of reference
... for the specific fields in a citation
... will put a link to documentation for how that's done

<MichaelC> http://www.w3.org/respec/guide.html#references

MichaelC: to tell the processing script that it s reference citation ex: [[HTML]]
... the script will replace that section with the appropriate reference

<MichaelC> http://www.w3.org/respec/ref.html#localbiblio

MichaelC: the final link is describing how to put that into the final documentation

Lisa: should we make a wiki page of citations
... it's a bit like CSS
... but they're citation which makes it easier for us

MichaelC: rather doing that in a wiki that we do that in github
... ultimately we will create a stand alone file for the references
... ayelet is updating the main document which will get very long

<ea> How do you choose the short name from a journal article - say it is about aphasia and reading difficulties - [aphasia] but then you have another journal article that is about aphasia and comprehension? so you do [comprehension] then you have an article about expression and comprehension difficulties? sorry have I misunderstood how the short forms in square brackets are generated?

MichaelC: it makes sense to move to a stand alone so we have a single shared reference source for all of our documents
... this will ensure no divergence happens
... agrees with Lisa but use github instead of wiki
... they don't need to be a git hub editor
... we can teach people how to add references and if it's a problem a person can send it to someone comfortable with github

<richardschwerdtfeger> s/get hub/github/

Lisa: proposal to make github document everyone can edit

<ea> It is tough Lisa - the problem is that we are not all using technical acronyms within our papers so some of our research papers may have odd [words] in brackets

MichaelC: there isn't a restriction on the keyword brackets
... every reference has a difference keyword

EA: could be the authors name

MichaelC: author name is not unique enough

EA: it will be difficult to find a keyword

MichaelC: as an example aphasia_comprehension, aphasia_reading
... sheer volume of references may cause complexity and manage them
... we just need something unique

<ayelet_s> could we use the author's name, underscore, and key word of the article?

EA: there may be multiple of authors

Lisa: will anyone see the unique identifier

MichaelC: we can globally find and replace for those who see it
... authorname_# for now would be fine

EA: comment offered this suggestion author_keyword_#
... but it may get too long

MichaelC: if it's interim solution we can solve it later
... include the brackets then later we can create better keywords
... there can be a clean up pass

Lisa: lets agree we are moving to a github page of citation
... you can do a find on your title before you add it again
... to make sure people are using unique names

michaelC: we can't manually maintain references, we have to find a way to make this work

<janina> +1

<ea> +1


RESOLUTION: move reference to github

<ayelet_s> +1

<Lisa_Seeman> resolution: one page in github for all our json refrences with all our short names

<Lisa_Seeman> action lisa to list and main page how to do refrences

<trackbot> Created ACTION-80 - List and main page how to do refrences [on Lisa Seeman - due 2015-03-16].

Lisa: please register to face to face
... informal chat on techniques to be scheduled tomorrow or next

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015-03-09 17:12:10 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/USer/User/
Succeeded: s/their/they're/
Succeeded: s/get/git/
FAILED: s/get hub/github/
Found Scribe: Susann_Keohane
Inferring ScribeNick: Susann_Keohane
Found Scribe: Susann_Keohane
Inferring ScribeNick: Susann_Keohane

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: EA IPcaller Lisa Lisa_Seeman Mary_Jo_Mueller Mike_Pluke P12 P6 P8 Rich Rich_Schwerdtfeger Susann_Keohane aaaa aabb ayelet_s https janina maryjom michaelC richardschwerdtfeger sribe trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Regrets: Tim_Boland John_Rochford Anthony_Doran Chaohai_Ding Debra_Ruh Neil_Milliken

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 09 Mar 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/03/09-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]