07 Apr 2014

See also: IRC log


Jim_Allan, +1.508.856.aaaa, Lisa_Seeman, JohnR, Katie_Haritos-Shea, janina_, Kinshuk, Liddy, John_Foliot, Elle, Susann_Keohane, Neil
Mary, Jo, Mueller


<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: JohnRochford

JohnRochford.. test

Lisa_Seeman.. Must submit a 6-week report

Lisa-Seeman.. Review of Agenda

Lisa_Seeman.. Review of Agenda

House keeping: next two calls , and possible date for FTF

Lisa_Seeman.. Face-to-face meeting will include discussion of road map

Note: if people would identify themselves when speaking, that would be great

<JF> apologies to the scribe

<JF> John Foliot raised the question around TPAC

Lisa_Seeman.. Neil has offered to chair the meeting next week

<Ryladog> M-Enabling Summit Conference & Showcase 2014, Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel: http://g3ict.org/events/schedule/event_overview/p/eventId_467/id_1058

Lisa_Meeting: Deborah Dahl will chair the meeting after

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Reports

Lisa_Seeman.. Deborah Dahl will chair the meeting after

Lisa_Seeman: Discussion of report, user groups, rearranging responsibilities of group members, recruiting AT people to task force

<neilmilliken> I know texthelp and nuance very well

neilmilliken: offering to recruit TextHelp and Nuance people

? says David Dikter of ATIA would be a good person to join/help task force

? says ATIA has a lot of cognitive vendors

<Ryladog> says ATIA has a lot of cognitive vendors

Lisa_Seeman: members may be out of their comfort zones, and may need to be "moved around a bit"
... someone is needed to assist JF with non-vocal

<JF> correction , JF (john Foliot) is not working on non-vocal

correction: it's Joe O'Connor who is working on non-vocal

discussion about what Joe needs

<JF> JF offering to assist Joesphe O'Connor if he needs admin support - has no subject matter expoerience

thank you for the help, JF

<Kinshuk> Lisa, as discussed previously, I would certainly be at home with reviewing adaptability/adaptivity.

ElleWaters: Wants to be sure people are thinking about a hollistic approach to accessibility

<neilmilliken> agree with Elle

<neilmilliken> But also interested in the usability angle

Lisa_Seeman: non-W3C technologies should be considered by group as well
... Katie is doing a usability review with Debra Ruh

<Lisa_Seeman> qq?

neilmilliken: interested in usability crossover

Lisa_Seeman: Liddy will now do a review of ISO(?)

Liddy: use metadata to identify individual user's preferences
... wants to identify APIs people could use
... application profile would describe what a user needs and wants
... Problem: is it about literacy, cognitive capacity?

Lisa_Seeman: sending info from Liddy to group via email

<Lisa_Seeman> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Apr/

<Lisa_Seeman> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Apr/0004.html

Liddy: vocabulary may differ according to the environment the user is in

<neilmilliken> it does sound very similar what GPII ist trying to do - context sensitivity is really important

Liddy: accessibility expertise has to be matched with metadata expertise

Jim: There are 8 areas of ranges of disabilities. Functional abilities are difficult to tease out.

<Ryladog> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis/Aging_and_Dementia#User_Stories

Liddy: would be grateful for any contribution from the group

rssagent, make logs public

rssagent, set logs public

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014/04/07 17:09:26 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: JohnRochford
Inferring ScribeNick: JohnRochford
Default Present: Jim_Allan, +1.508.856.aaaa, Lisa_Seeman, JohnR, Katie_Haritos-Shea, janina_, Kinshuk, Liddy, John_Foliot, Elle, Susann_Keohane, Neil
Present: Jim_Allan +1.508.856.aaaa Lisa_Seeman JohnR Katie_Haritos-Shea janina_ Kinshuk Liddy John_Foliot Elle Susann_Keohane Neil
Regrets: Mary Jo Mueller

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 07 Apr 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/04/07-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]