IRC log of coga on 2014-04-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:25:34 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
15:25:34 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:25:44 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, this will be WAI_CogTF
15:25:44 [Zakim]
ok, Lisa_Seeman; I see WAI_CogTF()12:00PM scheduled to start in 35 minutes
15:25:55 [Lisa_Seeman]
chair: Lisa_Seeman
15:26:58 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets: Mary Jo Mueller
15:27:38 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda: this
15:27:48 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Set scribe
15:27:56 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ preview agenda
15:28:08 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ House keeping: next two calls , and possible date for FTF
15:28:16 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ review schedules and actions
15:28:22 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ 6 week plan
15:28:29 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Review of ISO By Liddy
15:28:36 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Cognitive labels and tags - Jim Allan
15:28:44 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ User group findings aging and dementia
15:28:51 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Review of other work done , Specks to review
15:29:00 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ be done
15:44:58 [allanj]
allanj has joined #coga
15:50:14 [JohnRochford]
JohnRochford has joined #coga
15:50:38 [Zakim]
WAI_CogTF()12:00PM has now started
15:50:45 [Zakim]
15:51:07 [Zakim]
15:51:30 [Zakim]
+ +1.508.856.aaaa
15:53:03 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, ??P2 is Lisa_Seeman
15:53:03 [Zakim]
+Lisa_Seeman; got it
15:53:33 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, +1.508.856.aaaa is John R
15:53:33 [Zakim]
I don't understand '+1.508.856.aaaa is John R', Lisa_Seeman
15:53:41 [allanj]
zakim, aaaa is really JohnR
15:53:41 [Zakim]
+JohnR; got it
15:56:57 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: JohnRochford
15:57:04 [Zakim]
15:58:40 [Liddy]
Liddy has joined #coga
15:59:20 [JohnRochford]
zakim, agenda?
15:59:21 [Zakim]
I see 10 items remaining on the agenda:
15:59:22 [Zakim]
1. Set scribe [from Lisa_Seeman]
15:59:22 [Zakim]
2. preview agenda [from Lisa_Seeman]
15:59:22 [Zakim]
3. House keeping: next two calls , and possible date for FTF [from Lisa_Seeman]
15:59:22 [Zakim]
4. review schedules and actions [from Lisa_Seeman]
15:59:22 [Zakim]
5. 6 week plan [from Lisa_Seeman]
15:59:22 [Zakim]
6. Review of ISO By Liddy [from Lisa_Seeman]
15:59:23 [Zakim]
7. Cognitive labels and tags - Jim Allan [from Lisa_Seeman]
15:59:23 [Zakim]
8. User group findings aging and dementia [from Lisa_Seeman]
15:59:23 [Zakim]
9. Review of other work done , Specks to review [from Lisa_Seeman]
15:59:23 [Zakim]
10. be done [from Lisa_Seeman]
15:59:54 [Zakim]
16:00:01 [janina_]
zakim, ??P) is me
16:00:01 [Zakim]
sorry, janina_, I do not recognize a party named '??P)'
16:00:02 [JohnRochford]
zakim, close1
16:00:03 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close1', JohnRochford
16:00:12 [janina_]
zakim, ??P0 is me
16:00:12 [Zakim]
+janina_; got it
16:00:13 [Zakim]
16:00:18 [Zakim]
16:00:35 [JohnRochford]
zakim, close 1
16:00:35 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close 1', JohnRochford
16:00:39 [Ryladog]
Ryladog has joined #coga
16:00:50 [Kinshuk]
Kinshuk has joined #coga
16:00:53 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, IPcaller is Liddy
16:00:53 [Zakim]
+Liddy; got it
16:01:18 [Zakim]
16:01:37 [Zakim]
16:02:02 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, GVoice is Elle
16:02:02 [Zakim]
+Elle; got it
16:02:13 [ElleWaters]
ElleWaters has joined #coga
16:02:17 [JF]
JF has joined #coga
16:02:27 [JohnRochford]
JohnRochford.. test
16:03:20 [Zakim]
16:03:30 [JohnRochford]
Lisa_Seeman.. Must submit a 6-week report
16:04:03 [JohnRochford]
Lisa-Seeman.. Review of Agenda
16:04:33 [JohnRochford]
Lisa_Seeman.. Review of Agenda
16:04:33 [janina_]
zakim, take up item 3
16:04:33 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "House keeping: next two calls , and possible date for FTF" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
16:05:20 [Zakim]
16:06:15 [JohnRochford]
Lisa_Seeman.. Face-to-face meeting will include discussion of road map
16:07:05 [neilmilliken]
neilmilliken has joined #coga
16:08:49 [JohnRochford]
Note: if people would identify themselves when speaking, that would be great
16:09:18 [JF]
apologies to the scribe
16:09:26 [JF]
John Foliot raised the question around TPAC
16:10:18 [JohnRochford]
Lisa_Seeman.. Neil has offered to chair the meeting next week
16:10:20 [Ryladog]
Ryladog has joined #coga
16:11:06 [Ryladog]
M-Enabling Summit Conference & Showcase 2014, Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel:
16:11:31 [JohnRochford]
Lisa_Meeting: Deborah Dahl will chair the meeting after
16:11:48 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:11:52 [JohnRochford]
Lisa_Seeman.. Deborah Dahl will chair the meeting after
16:12:14 [Susann_Keohane]
Susann_Keohane has joined #coga
16:13:40 [JohnRochford]
Lisa_Seeman: Discussion of report, user groups, rearranging responsibilities of group members, recruiting AT people to task force
16:13:57 [neilmilliken]
16:15:10 [neilmilliken]
I know texthelp and nuance very well
16:15:49 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:15:55 [JF]
16:16:04 [JF]
ack neil
16:16:54 [JohnRochford]
neilmilliken: offering to recruit TextHelp and Nuance people
16:19:00 [JohnRochford]
? says David Dikter of ATIA would be a good person to join/help task force
16:19:53 [JohnRochford]
? says ATIA has a lot of cognitive vendors
16:20:06 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:20:12 [JF]
ack JF
16:20:12 [Lisa_Seeman]
ack jf
16:20:15 [neilmilliken]
16:20:15 [Ryladog]
says ATIA has a lot of cognitive vendors
16:20:28 [JF]
16:21:16 [Ryladog]
16:21:51 [JohnRochford]
Lisa_Seeman: members may be out of their comfort zones, and may need to be "moved around a bit"
16:22:52 [JohnRochford]
Lisa_Seeman: someone is needed to assist JF with non-vocal
16:23:22 [JF]
correction , JF (john Foliot) is not working on non-vocal
16:23:48 [JohnRochford]
correction: it's Joe O'Connor who is working on non-vocal
16:25:57 [JF]
ack JF
16:27:42 [JohnRochford]
discussion about what Joe needs
16:28:25 [JF]
JF offering to assist Joesphe O'Connor if he needs admin support - has no subject matter expoerience
16:28:50 [JohnRochford]
thank you for the help, JF
16:29:24 [Kinshuk]
Lisa, as discussed previously, I would certainly be at home with reviewing adaptability/adaptivity.
16:29:39 [JohnRochford]
ElleWaters: Wants to be sure people are thinking about a hollistic approach to accessibility
16:30:27 [neilmilliken]
agree with Elle
16:30:47 [neilmilliken]
But also interested in the usability angle
16:31:03 [Zakim]
16:31:33 [Zakim]
16:31:56 [JohnRochford]
Lisa_Seeman: non-W3C technologies should be considered by group as well
16:32:00 [JF]
zakim, GVoice is Elle
16:32:00 [Zakim]
+Elle; got it
16:32:02 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, IPcaller is Elle
16:32:02 [Zakim]
sorry, Lisa_Seeman, I do not recognize a party named 'IPcaller'
16:32:04 [Ryladog]
Ryladog has joined #coga
16:32:45 [JohnRochford]
Lisa_Seeman: Katie is doing a usability review with Debra Ruh
16:33:22 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:33:24 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:33:30 [neilmilliken]
16:33:37 [Ryladog]
16:34:22 [neilmilliken]
16:34:22 [JohnRochford]
neilmilliken: interested in usability crossover
16:34:36 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:34:40 [neilmilliken]
16:34:42 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:35:20 [JohnRochford]
Lisa_Seeman: Liddy will now do a review of ISO(?)
16:36:42 [JohnRochford]
Liddy: use metadata to identify individual user's preferences
16:38:22 [JohnRochford]
Liddy: wants to identify APIs people could use
16:39:16 [JohnRochford]
Liddy: application profile would describe what a user needs and wants
16:42:53 [JohnRochford]
Liddy: Problem: is it about literacy, cognitive capacity?
16:44:24 [JohnRochford]
Lisa_Seeman: sending info from Liddy to group via email
16:44:55 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:45:21 [Lisa_Seeman]
16:47:53 [Zakim]
16:48:01 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.659.aabb
16:48:52 [JohnRochford]
Liddy: vocabulary may differ according to the environment the user is in
16:50:00 [neilmilliken]
it does sound very similar what GPII ist trying to do - context sensitivity is really important
16:51:00 [JohnRochford]
Liddy: accessibility expertise has to be matched with metadata expertise
16:58:08 [JohnRochford]
Jim: There are 8 areas of ranges of disabilities. Functional abilities are difficult to tease out.
16:58:37 [Ryladog]
16:59:37 [Ryladog]
16:59:54 [Zakim]
17:01:16 [Zakim]
17:01:26 [JohnRochford]
Liddy: would be grateful for any contribution from the group
17:03:25 [Zakim]
17:03:30 [Zakim]
17:03:38 [Zakim]
- +1.512.659.aabb
17:03:42 [Zakim]
17:05:47 [Zakim]
17:05:51 [Zakim]
17:05:56 [Zakim]
17:07:23 [JohnRochford]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:07:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate JohnRochford
17:07:58 [JohnRochford]
rssagent, make logs public
17:08:15 [JohnRochford]
rssagent, set logs public
17:08:31 [JohnRochford]
rrsagent, set logs public
17:09:04 [JohnRochford]
zakim, please part
17:09:04 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Jim_Allan, +1.508.856.aaaa, Lisa_Seeman, JohnR, Katie_Haritos-Shea, janina_, Kinshuk, Liddy, John_Foliot, Elle, Susann_Keohane, Neil,
17:09:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
17:09:07 [Zakim]
... +1.512.659.aabb
17:09:21 [JohnRochford]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:09:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate JohnRochford
17:09:57 [Lisa_Seeman]
I will post them to the list
17:10:47 [JohnRochford]
rrsagent, please part
17:10:47 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items