Bullet Chatting Task Force
The Bullet Chatting Task Force is part of the Media & Entertainment Interest Group. The Task Force is responsible for gathering use cases and deriving technical requirements for Bullet Chatting, which refers to comments or annotations overlaid on the video screen, synced to a specific timeline.
The goal is that Bullet Chatting standardization make it easier to be implemented and maintained. And Bullet Chatting can be used in a wide range of scenarios.
- Start Date: 3 December 2019
- End Date: TBD
- Confidentiality: Public
- Initial Moderator(s): Song Xu (China Mobile)
- Meeting Schedule: Monthly (discuss the date and time of the next meeting at the end of each meeting)
We have succeeded if we can fulfil the following tasks:
- Definition of scenarios and use cases
- Definition of specific technical requirements
- Identified gaps in the Web platform where technical requirements are not currently met
- Proposed solutions to those gaps
The Bullet Chatting Task Force will work with the following W3C groups.
- Bullet Chatting CG
- Timed Text WG
- Chinese Web IG
- This Task Force primarily conducts its technical work on the public mailing list at email@example.com (archive).
- TF emails should be labelled accordingly, by prefixing the email subject with the TF identifier "[Bullet Chatting]". See W3C mailing list and archive usage guidelines.
- There is also a member-only list to be used for administrative purposes at firstname.lastname@example.org (archive).
- The moderator maintains the Task Force page on the public Wiki, with the help of the Task Force participants if needed.
The TF holds teleconferences every month.
WebEx Service: TODO [WebEx Best Practice]
- Go to: http://irc.w3.org/?channels=#me
- Pick your nickname
- Teleconference 2020-03-24 Minutes
- Teleconference 2020-03-03 Minutes
- Teleconference 2020-01-07 Minutes
Participation in this Task Force's telephone conferences and face-to-face meetings is open to W3C Members and Invited Experts. However, all public mailing list subscribers can participate in the Task Force discussion on the list.