XHTML2 Working Group Teleconference

16 Sep 2009


See also: IRC log


ShaneM, Steven, +04670602aaaa, mgylling, +0468645aabb, Tina, Allessio




<trackbot> Date: 16 September 2009


Shane: Oh I forgot to produce it!
... I'll do it now

Steven: Hopefully we can resolve to go to PER again next week

DOM3 Events

<scribe> scribe: Steven

Steven: A heads up that addEventListenerNS and removeEventListenerNS are at risk
... http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2009Sep/0011

Shane: I don't think we rely on this

Steven: You think the NS os for the element and not the event?

Shane: Yes

Steven: I'll ask the XForms implementors
... see what they say

Work for the rest of the year.


Steven: Get the PERs out, transfer docs to groups that are taking them over (Events, role?, access)
... publish notes, such as media types
... And then find a home for XHTML2 and M12Nv2

Shane: I raised with plh about updating M12N(1.1), and plh was OK with that. I think there are a couple of changes

Steven: Yes, @usemap

Shane: There are a number of minor things

Steven: Good, then we'll add that to the list

messages on www-html-editor


Steven: Even though we're not updating 1.0, it would be polite to reply
... do you remember if this was deliberate?

Shane: I don't
... my gut feeling is that it's an omission

Steven: Me too, surprised nobody mentioned it before

Tina: It does have accessibility problems

Steven: Agree

Shane: But regardless
... is it strict or transitional

Tina: I agree it should be in there

Shane: Strict
... we could update the DTDs

Tina: We could just refer him
... we do have other things to do

Steven: OK, I will just tell him that

<scribe> ACTION: Steven to reply to @ismap message [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/09/16-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-97 - Reply to @ismap message [on Steven Pemberton - due 2009-09-23].


Shane: Not sure I agree
... he's not saying it's wrong, just easier for validators

Tiina: This is a non-issue for XHTML 1.0

Shane: We permit empty body deliberately
... but he's right
... HTML4 does not

Steven: I'll just say he's right, but that's as far as we can take it


Steven: I haven't checked this section, but I'm assuming he's right

Shane: He's right
... I fixed it

<ShaneM> Note - I updated xhtml1-strict.dtd and xhtml1-transitional.dtd in MarkUp/DTD

XHTML 1.1 messages


Shane: He's not wrong
... we should say that the start tag may contain a schemalocation attributre from the xml namespace that associates ...
... we're talking about the start tag so it would have to have the namespace declarations

Steven: to be valid it would have to include the namespace declaration; do we really need to say that?
... Do you object to his wording?

Shane: Well, it mentions xsi:

<ShaneM> <p><may>The start tag MAY also contain the

<ShaneM> declaration of the

<ShaneM> XML Schema Namespace and a

<ShaneM> <code>schemaLocation</code> attribute from that namespace

<ShaneM> that associates this namespace with the XML Schema at the

<ShaneM> URI <code><xmlschemaloc></code>.</may></p>

<ShaneM> <p><may>The start tag MAY also contain the declaration of the XML Schema Namespace and an XML Schema <code>schemaLocation</code> attribute. Such an attribute would associate the XHTML namespace <code><xmlns></code> with the XML Schema at the URI <code><xmlschemaloc></code>.</may></p>

Steven: OK by me

Shane: So we'll update the specs with that

Steven: And the DTD *and* schema wording from last week


Steven: This is for M12N

Shane: This means that class can't be empty, and is Bad
... It is vital we fix this


Shane: I dealt with this

<ShaneM> I sent:

<ShaneM> Thanks for your comment. @lang is not deprecated, and no, it does not need to be included in the module in XHTML M12N. We have chosen to incorporate it into XHTML 1.1 because several groups have demonstrated a need for it. The rules specified describe the relationship between @lang and @xml:lang.

Steven: You are right


Shane: I will update the docs for next week.


Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Steven to reply to @ismap message [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/09/16-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/09/16 14:43:23 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/AN/An/
Succeeded: s/ria/rai/
Succeeded: s/ a /are a /
Succeeded: s/TH/Th/
Succeeded: s/SH/Sh/
Succeeded: s/SH/Sh/
Succeeded: s/andis/and is/
Succeeded: s/SH/Sh/
Succeeded: s/fix/fix /
Succeeded: s/SH/Sh/
Succeeded: s/ther are/there are/
Succeeded: s/Thereare/There are/
Succeeded: s/Do you object to his wording/Do you object to his wording?/
Found Scribe: Steven
Inferring ScribeNick: Steven
Default Present: ShaneM, Steven, +04670602aaaa, mgylling, +0468645aabb, Tina, Allessio
Present: ShaneM Steven +04670602aaaa mgylling +0468645aabb Tina Allessio
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2009Sep/0012
Found Date: 16 Sep 2009
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/09/16-xhtml-minutes.html
People with action items: steven

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]