IRC log of xhtml on 2009-09-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:46:48 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xhtml
13:46:48 [RRSAgent]
logging to
13:46:50 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:46:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xhtml
13:46:52 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_XHTML2
13:46:52 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see IA_XHTML2()9:45AM already started
13:46:53 [trackbot]
Meeting: XHTML2 Working Group Teleconference
13:46:53 [trackbot]
Date: 16 September 2009
13:47:01 [Steven]
zakim, who is here?
13:47:01 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ShaneM
13:47:01 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has joined #xhtml
13:47:02 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, mgylling, Tina, Jonathan, Steven, trackbot
13:47:09 [Steven]
zakim, dial steven-617
13:47:12 [Zakim]
ok, Steven; the call is being made
13:47:15 [Zakim]
13:47:15 [Jonathan]
Jonathan has left #xhtml
13:47:40 [Zakim]
+ +04670602aaaa
13:47:54 [mgylling]
Zakim, aaaa is mgylling
13:47:54 [Zakim]
+mgylling; got it
13:48:28 [Steven]
13:48:34 [Steven]
Steven has changed the topic to: Agenda:
13:48:38 [Zakim]
+ +0468645aabb
13:48:43 [Tina]
Zakim, aabb is Tina
13:48:43 [Zakim]
+Tina; got it
13:50:34 [Steven]
Topic: DoC
13:50:55 [Steven]
Shane: Oh I forgot to produce it!
13:51:00 [Steven]
... I'll do it now
13:51:42 [Steven]
Steven: Hopefully we can resolve to go to PER again next week
13:51:56 [Steven]
Topic: DOM3 Events
13:52:06 [Steven]
scribe: Steven
13:52:34 [mgylling]
mgylling has joined #xhtml
13:53:40 [Steven]
Steven: A heads up that addEventListenerNS and removeEventListenerNS are at risk
13:53:47 [Steven]
13:54:13 [Steven]
Shane: I don't think we rely on this
13:54:42 [Steven]
Steven: You think the NS os for the element and not the event?
13:54:44 [Steven]
Shane: Yes
13:54:55 [Steven]
Steven: I'll ask the XForms implementors
13:55:00 [Steven]
... see what they say
13:55:21 [Steven]
Topic: Work for the rest of the year.
13:59:10 [Steven]
14:01:00 [Steven]
Steven: Get the PERs out, transfer docs to groups that are taking them over (Events, role?, access)
14:02:23 [Steven]
... publish notes, such as media types
14:03:29 [Zakim]
14:04:10 [Steven]
zakim, hhalpin is Allessio
14:04:10 [Zakim]
+Allessio; got it
14:04:43 [Steven]
Steven: ANd then find a home for XHTML2 and M12Nv2
14:04:48 [Steven]
14:05:31 [Zakim]
14:05:43 [Steven]
Shane: I riased with plh about updating M12N(1.1), and plh was OK with that. I think ther are a couple of changes
14:05:50 [Steven]
14:06:06 [Zakim]
14:06:32 [Steven]
Steven: Yes, @usemap
14:07:07 [Steven]
Shane: There a number of minor things
14:07:14 [Steven]
s/ a /are a /
14:07:29 [Steven]
Steven: Good, then we'll add that to the list
14:08:10 [Steven]
Topic: messages on www-html-editor
14:08:49 [Steven]
14:09:13 [Steven]
Steven: Even though we're not updating 1.0, it would be polite to reply
14:09:39 [Steven]
... do you remember if this was deliberate?
14:09:54 [Steven]
Shane: I don't
14:10:06 [Steven]
... my gut feeling is that it's an omission
14:10:30 [Steven]
Steven: Me too, surprised nobody mentioned it before
14:11:09 [Steven]
Tina: It does have accessibility problems
14:11:15 [Steven]
Steven: Agree
14:11:19 [Steven]
Shane: But regardless
14:11:42 [Steven]
... is it strict or transitional
14:11:48 [Steven]
Tina: I agree it should be in there
14:11:52 [Steven]
Shane: Strict
14:12:39 [Steven]
... we could update the DTDs
14:13:03 [Steven]
Tina: We could just refer him
14:13:20 [Steven]
... we do have other things to do
14:13:30 [Steven]
Steven: OK, I will just tell him that
14:13:45 [Steven]
ACTION: Steven to reply to @ismap message
14:13:45 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-97 - Reply to @ismap message [on Steven Pemberton - due 2009-09-23].
14:14:20 [Steven]
14:15:10 [Steven]
Shane: Not sure I agree
14:15:33 [Steven]
... he's not saying it's wrong, just easier for validators
14:15:52 [Steven]
Tiina: THis is a non-issue for XHTML 1.0
14:15:57 [Steven]
14:16:33 [Steven]
Shane: We permit empty body deliberately
14:16:52 [Steven]
... but he's right
14:16:58 [Steven]
... HTML4 does not
14:18:02 [Steven]
Steven: I'll just say he's right, but that's as far as we can take it
14:19:07 [Steven]
14:19:20 [Steven]
Steven: I haven't checked this section, but I'm assuming he's right
14:20:33 [Steven]
Shane: He's right
14:20:40 [Steven]
... I fixed it
14:23:50 [ShaneM]
Note - I updated xhtml1-strict.dtd and xhtml1-transitional.dtd in MarkUp/DTD
14:24:48 [Steven]
Topic: XHTML 1.1 messages
14:24:49 [Steven]
14:24:56 [alessio]
alessio has joined #xhtml
14:25:13 [Steven]
SHane: He's not wrong
14:25:17 [Steven]
14:26:38 [Steven]
... we should say that the start tag may contain a schemalocation attributre from the xml namespace that associates ...
14:27:03 [Steven]
... we're talking about the start tag so it would have to have the namespace declarations
14:27:54 [Steven]
Steven: to be valid it would have to include the namespace declaration; do we really need to say that?
14:28:30 [Steven]
Steven: Do you object to his wording
14:28:37 [Steven]
SHane: Well, it mentions xsi:
14:28:51 [Steven]
14:28:59 [Tina]
Zakim, mute me
14:28:59 [Zakim]
Tina should now be muted
14:29:04 [ShaneM]
<p><may>The start tag MAY also contain the
14:29:04 [ShaneM]
declaration of the
14:29:04 [ShaneM]
XML Schema Namespace and a
14:29:04 [ShaneM]
<code>schemaLocation</code> attribute from that namespace
14:29:04 [ShaneM]
that associates this namespace with the XML Schema at the
14:29:05 [ShaneM]
URI <code><xmlschemaloc></code>.</may></p>
14:31:56 [ShaneM]
<p><may>The start tag MAY also contain the declaration of the XML Schema Namespace and an XML Schema <code>schemaLocation</code> attribute. Such an attribute would associate the XHTML namespace <code><xmlns></code> with the XML Schema at the URI <code><xmlschemaloc></code>.</may></p>
14:32:16 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has left #xhtml
14:32:27 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has joined #xhtml
14:32:37 [Steven]
Steven: OK by me
14:32:52 [Tina]
Zakim, unmute me
14:32:52 [Zakim]
Tina should no longer be muted
14:33:48 [Steven]
Shane: So we'll update the specs with that
14:34:00 [Steven]
Steven: And the DTD *and* schema wording from last week
14:35:30 [Steven]
14:35:42 [Steven]
Steven: This is for M12N
14:35:55 [Steven]
SHane: This means that class can't be empty, andis Bad
14:36:04 [Steven]
s/andis/and is/
14:36:09 [Steven]
14:36:17 [Steven]
Shane: It is vital we fixthis
14:36:24 [Steven]
s/fix/fix /
14:36:52 [Steven]
14:37:01 [Steven]
Shane: I dealt with this
14:37:17 [ShaneM]
I sent:
14:37:17 [ShaneM]
Thanks for your comment. @lang is not deprecated, and no, it does not need to be included in the module in XHTML M12N. We have chosen to incorporate it into XHTML 1.1 because several groups have demonstrated a need for it. The rules specified describe the relationship between @lang and @xml:lang.
14:38:13 [Steven]
Steven: You are right
14:40:00 [Steven]
Topic: AOB
14:40:08 [Steven]
SHane: I will update the docs for next week.
14:40:12 [Steven]
14:40:12 [Zakim]
14:40:16 [Zakim]
14:40:16 [Steven]
14:40:17 [Zakim]
14:40:19 [Zakim]
14:40:20 [Zakim]
14:40:21 [Zakim]
IA_XHTML2()9:45AM has ended
14:40:23 [Zakim]
Attendees were ShaneM, Steven, +04670602aaaa, mgylling, +0468645aabb, Tina, Allessio
14:40:40 [Steven]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:40:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Steven
14:41:24 [Steven]
Chair: Steven
14:41:55 [Steven]
s/ther are/there are
14:42:06 [Steven]
s/Thereare/There are
14:42:58 [Steven]
s/Do you object to his wording/Do you object to his wording?
14:43:18 [Steven]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:43:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Steven
14:45:49 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has left #xhtml
14:50:00 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has joined #xhtml
16:54:32 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xhtml