Weekly XHTML2 WG Teleconference

5 Sep 2007


See also: IRC log



markbirbeck, ShaneM, Steven, Rich, Alessio
Gregory, Roland


Apologies for late agenda. It was in my outbox, unsent because my ssh tunnel had crashed


Steven: Next week Mark and I are at the Forms FtF and Roland is on vacation, so I propose no call

Rich: I am travelling too

RESOLUTION: No call next week


Steven: SMIL3 uses XForms for state, so I thought I would draw out attention to it
... we haven't explicitely been called out to review it

Alessio: I am in the SYMM WG, so I can be a bridge between the WGs


Steven: There were three comments in the html-editors list
... I would like us to go through them
... So the first comment is about QNames

Mark: We should use CURIEs to be consistent

Rich: But we use QNames everywhere in ARIA

Steven: QNames are a subset of CURIEs, so every QName is also a CURIE

Rich: OK, good; we are about to go to last call, so we need to know now

Steven: How do we feel about this?

Shane: It makes our specs consistent with each other

Steven: OK, well we can copy the text in from the RDFa spec, but we do need to note that QNames are a subset in the text
... The Modularization reference needs to be normative

Shane: Indeed

<ShaneM> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-xhtml-role-20070817

Steven: The last comment is about the RDF Schema

Shane: It is in the latest draft
... (see above)

Mark: So that would deal with that comment

<scribe> ACTION: Steven to reply to DanC's three comments on role [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/05-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]

<markbirbeck> If we modify the CURIES section to include the idea of qnames then we could put the same text back into rdfa and of course the curies draft itself.

Mark: In the CURIEs draft, is it worth saying that you can paste the text defining CURIEs directly into specs?
... (as we are doing now)

<ShaneM> What I have done is said:

<ShaneM> <p> In order to allow for the compact expression of RDF statements,

<ShaneM> RDFa uses a superset of QNames [QName] that allows the contraction of all URIs (QNames have a syntactic restriction on the sorts of URI that can be contracted).</p

<Rich> http://esw.w3.org/topic/PF/ARIA/BestPractices

Steven: Should I point him to any test suites?

Rich: We have the ARIA stuff

<Rich> in the appendix

Shane: We will be producing a test suite as agreed a couple of weeks ago
... but we don't need it for last call

<Rich> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Accessible_DHTML

Steven: That's a good example to point him to, thanks.



Steven: The Task Force is coming to a resolution on all points now
... the draft syntax document is taking shape
... so this WG should now/soon have a look at it
... this is for a SWD FtF in October

Rich: Is the CURIE spec finished?

Shane: No

Rich: How do we use it then?

Steven: We are including the syntax and semantics inline in the role spec, so that the CURIE spec doesn't hold up role


Shane: Did we get rid of the raise attribute?

Steven: I don't remember, I'd have to chech the minutes

Shane: I'm pretty sure we did; I think I'm OK

<oedipus> sorry i'm late, but workmen have caused power outages and the phone line still doesn't work, so i have no choice but to belatedly relay my regrets


Steven: I think we have dealt with all the comments we have got
... did we deal with the default namespace?

Shane: We don't talk about namespaces any more, but we do say what happens when there is no prefix

[discussion of the relevant text in the RDFa spec]

Steven: Reminder - no call next week

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Steven to reply to DanC's three comments on role [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/05-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.128 (CVS log)
$Date: 2007/09/05 15:06:41 $