RDF Vocabulary Description Language 1.0: RDF Schema (RDFS)
RDFS is a general-purpose language for representing simple RDF vocabularies on the Web. Other vocabulary definition technologies, like OWL or SKOS, build on RDFS and provide language for defining structured, Web-based ontologies which enable richer integration and interoperability of data among descriptive communities.
A number of textbooks have been published on RDF, RDFS, and on Semantic Web in general. Please, refer to a separate page listing some of those, as maintained by the community. That list also includes references to conference proceedings and article collections that might be of general interest.
Tools that are listed as relevant to RDFS
Last modified and/or added
The description of the following tools have been added and/or modified most recently.
- GraphDB (last modified: 5 April 2016)
- Jena, a Java RDF API and toolkit (last modified: 19 January 2016)
- Sesame (last modified: 5 November 2013)
- OpenLink Virtuoso (last modified: 11 February 2012)
- AllegroGraph RDF Store (last modified: 18 February 2011)
All relevant tools
This is a list of all tools listed on this wiki, and that are marked as relevant to RDFS.
- AllegroGraph RDF Store (triple store programming environment reasoner development environment rdfs reasoner). Directly usable from Java LISP Python Prolog C Ruby Perl
- Jena, a Java RDF API and toolkit (triple store programming environment reasoner rule reasoner owl reasoner rdfs reasoner parser). Directly usable from Java
- Oracle Spatial 11g (triple store reasoner owl reasoner). Directly usable from Java
- GraphDB (triple store reasoner sparql endpoint rdfs reasoner owl reasoner). Directly usable from Java C
- Sesame (triple store programming environment reasoner rdfs reasoner parser). Directly usable from Java Python PHP
|Description||RDFS is a general-purpose language for representing simple RDF vocabularies on the Web. +|
|Date||February 10, 2004 +|